Pishing With The Cock You've Got..

Right, change of pace and approach. I'm actually going to start a thread.

Not a great raging debate of who we need, how many, why the c**ts in control are not able to fund whats needed etc..

Simple: Given the players we have on the books right now, what formation and first 11 do you currently feel might be the best use of what we have? Just looking for interesting suggestions here, not a big bun fight over who kens football best etc etc. In fact lets keep to the positive, make your suggestion or be constructive in your reply on others.

Either keeper (nae fussed)

Clark Mawene Considine Foster

..........Arnason Osbourne..........

Pawlett........Fyvie..........Milsom

...................Vernon................

Not great for creation still but I'd have Megginson on at some point after his performance & goal against phd.

I like the look of that on paper but haven't really seen teams at our level make a 4-2-3-1 work well. Was a big move towards that in the world cup but international football is so different from club football tactically.

Milsom on the left would be interesting to see.

Gonzalez

Foster Mawene Considine McArdle :confused:

Clark Arnason Fyvie Pawlett

Vernon Mackie

Because of the name of the thread I have refrained from putting "new signing" where "Mackie" is, along with "McArdle". But initial thoughts are above. Would maybe have Ozzy in instead of Consi, I haven't attended any games this season so I don't have a good knowledge of them. In Amsterdam on study placement just now so got all of my German and Spanish( it's a Dutch learning class hence no Dutch classmates) classmates cheering on the dons this weekend! COYR!

Gonzalez

Vernon Mackie

Because of the name of the thread I have refrained from putting "new signing" where "Mackie" is, along with "McArdle". But initial thoughts are above. Would maybe have Ozzy in instead of Consi, I haven't attended any games this season so I don't have a good knowledge of them. In Amsterdam on study placement just now so got all of my German and Spanish( it's a Dutch learning class hence no Dutch classmates) classmates cheering on the dons this weekend! COYR!

I wouldn't have McArdle at LB & I wouldn't drop Milsom (that's for sure)

Either keeper (nae fussed)

Clark Mawene Considine Foster

..........Arnason Osbourne..........

Pawlett........Fyvie..........Milsom

...................Vernon................

Not great for creation still but I'd have Megginson on at some point after his performance & goal against phd.

More or less what I would have said. My concern being we have two players in the middle who, at first glance seem very similar... that being Arnason and Osbourne, ball winners who don't dick around with the fancy stuff. And therein would be my problem. We have ball winners who don't dick around with the fancy stuff... what I would expect out of a team like Killie or Inverness. No real creativity, but a willingness to get stuck in.

We probably won't get relegated.... but by the same token we probably won't win anything.

I suppose that's an improvement, though.

we seem to have plenty central players and little in the way of width and strikers so i thought 433 might work.

either keeper

foster

Mawene

Arneson

jack

Milsom

Osbourne

Fyvie

Pawlett

Vernon

Clark

much like barca with clark and pawlett pushing wide.

Nice but do we need a left footer up front to make that work, also think clark can play left mid but not so much as a real winger or wide forward.

Its a tough question right now hence I haven't stuck my kneck out yet!

Its all a bit Football Manager this formations nonsense anyway but interesting discussion on a quiet night.

Nice but do we need a left footer up front to make that work, also think clark can play left mid but not so much as a real winger or wide forward.

Its a tough question right now hence I haven't stuck my kneck out yet!

Its all a bit Football Manager this formations nonsense anyway but interesting discussion on a quiet night.

i think what you've said strikes at the problem in that our squad is completely unbalanced. lack of width particularly on the left and dearth of striking options. in saying 433, I've seen plenty managers try it at pittodrie and it never works as it ends up 451. it only ever works when your three forwards stay forward like barca. we ain't no barca though!

i think what you've said strikes at the problem in that our squad is completely unbalanced. lack of width particularly on the left and dearth of striking options. in saying 433, I've seen plenty managers try it at pittodrie and it never works as it ends up 451. it only ever works when your three forwards stay forward like barca. we ain't no barca though!

Interesting thing is though barca are one of the hardest working teams you'll see and the reason the 2 wide forwards don't get seen sitting deep in midfield is the whole team pushes up together when not in possession.

433 and 451 pretty much the same thing really if d just one properly. Its just over here we'd have 451 with 5 centre mids playing. :ThumbsDown:

I like the look of that on paper but haven't really seen teams at our level make a 4-2-3-1 work well. Was a big move towards that in the world cup but international football is so different from club football tactically.

Milsom on the left would be interesting to see.

Interestingly though Hearts used that formation at Ibrox and did it very well in the 1st half.

There may be some merit in considering it for games against the OF away from home.

Gonzalez

Vernon Mackie

that team would comfortably get relegated. i can't believe how awful it is.

Our lack of wide players / balance at this time of season is a sackable offence.

We didnt need osbourne or arnsson we did need lefties and a striker.

To see last years mistakes being made again is concerning to say the least.

Its obvious now that brown has no targets in mind and is just going to take what he is given

Pretty similar to most others though I'd go with; -

Gonzalez

RB - Clark

CH Mawene

CH Arnason

LB Foster

LM Milsom

CM Osborne

CM Fyvie

RM Pawlett

CF Vernon

CF Mackie

Think Fyvie has got to get a chance to show what he can do in the Centre, think he looks like he could be our best player by a long way.

And Mawene would be my Captain.

3-5-2 worth considering, utilising Christina and Fozzy as wing backs?

Gonzo

Arnesen Mawene McArdle/Considine

Ozzy

Christina Milsom Fyvie Fozzie

Maggenis Vernon

Or are Mawene/Consi/McArdle incapable of playing in a back 3 due, primarily, to their lack of pace?Also, fit about Pawlett? Can he partner , or play off, Vernon?

Our lack of wide players / balance at this time of season is a sackable offence.

We didnt need osbourne or arnsson we did need lefties and a striker.

To see last years mistakes being made again is concerning to say the least.

Its obvious now that brown has no targets in mind and is just going to take what he is given

:offtopic:

Read the OP. We have plenty of threads already on signing policy, gaps in the squad etc and your not telling anyone anything they don't already know here. The intention of the thread was to have a less serious debate about how to set out with the players we DO have.

right, only fair i have a go.

4-4-2

....................Either GK.......................

Clark...Mawene...Arnason....Foster

Pawlett...Fyvie...Osbourne...Milsom

.............Mackie......Vernon.................

Problems?

- Mackie is guff

- Foster and Clark might have the stamina to overlap but are not great crossers IMO

- Milsom out of position and no idea how he would do out there

- Pawlett will probably be injured most the season

....................Gonzales.......................

Foster...Mawene...Considine....Clark / Robertson

===== Fyvie= ==Osbourne=== Milsom

Mackie==========================Pawlett

===========Vernon===========

Given our lack of creativity, I'm going for pace down both sides and a central 3 that I think would dominate most games in the SPL

....................Gonzales.......................

Foster...Mawene...Considine....Clark / Robertson

===== Fyvie= ==Osbourne=== Milsom

Mackie==========================Pawlett

===========Vernon===========

Given our lack of creativity, I'm going for pace down both sides and a central 3 that I think would dominate most games in the SPL

.......................Gonzalez/Brown

Osbourne - Mawene - Considine - Foster

..........................Arnason

.................Fyvie.................Milsom

Mackie............................................Pawlett

..............................Vernon

Thats about the best I can come up with? Perhaps swap osbourne with Clark or McArdle..

Both kind of similar to my choice but of these two formations, I'd drop Mackie completely (perhaps use him as impact sub later along with Magennis) & I try either Brown, Jack, Low or even Megginson on the right :dontknow:

Milsom?

Interesting that nearly everyone is leaving Folly out now.

Sorry forgot about arguably our 'best player' would play him ahead of Jack.

I liked Folly before he got injured and he would probably be in my team if he was fully fit, but left him out for now. Midfield 3 of Folly Osbourne and Milsom would be very solid, means we could utilise Fyvie wide perhaps and also allow us to rotate the squad more.

• Site Sponsor

Sorry forgot about arguably our 'best player' would play him ahead of Jack.

I liked Folly before he got injured and he would probably be in my team if he was fully fit, but left him out for now. Midfield 3 of Folly Osbourne and Milsom would be very solid, means we could utilise Fyvie wide perhaps and also allow us to rotate the squad more.

never a wide player - hasn't got the pace to beat his man.

Fyvie needs to play in the middle.