House Of Frasers

Pot Luck

The one in Glasgow is mint.

Never been to the Edinburgh one.

The one in Edinburgh is pretty decent. Get some smart stuff in there. I fear my clothes selection from such shops may result in me having a "bi-curious" wardrobe, as so well put by the self confessed "bi-curious" bloke himself.

The bloke likes clothes shops, I have no problem with that.

Personally I would like to see an Ikea opening in the area, I love that shop and its meatballs.

Clothes can be bought on the net but you need to get your hands on kitchen utensils before you know if the quality is there.

Have to disagree. The stuff is cheap and sh*t imo. However their furniture has made its way into many a home including mine when I bought a flat in Glasgow. They had really high wardrobes which suited my high ceiling flat fine, however when I went to dismantle it, it practically fell apart. And their beds are a weird shape I'm sure so you have to buy their bed linen. Nevertheless I would like to see one up this way as furniture is f**king expensive here and it would help a lot people, like students for example, properly furnish their home.

Also the Marabou chocolate is the best thing about Ikea.

Have to disagree. The stuff is cheap and sh*t imo. However their furniture has made its way into many a home including mine when I bought a flat in Glasgow. They had really high wardrobes which suited my high ceiling flat fine, however when I went to dismantle it, it practically fell apart. And their beds are a weird shape I'm sure so you have to buy their bed linen. Nevertheless I would like to see one up this way as furniture is f**king expensive here and it would help a lot people, like students for example, properly furnish their home.

I just ordered a kitchen from them earlier this week and have to say the quality for the money was unbelievable, that's from someone who has trawled round every kitchen shop north of the border, its not fitted yet but it looked and felt mint.

Some other stuff is budget but not everything, they cater for all classes.

I look like a tramp in converse most of the time coop. :laughing:

Loving the contradictions of goth / emo / twee too.

But I bet you spend ages trying to look like a tramp though. (I'll pre-empt your 'at least I have to make an effort to look like a tramp blah blah blah' joke here)

I just ordered a kitchen from them earlier this week and have to say the quality for the money was unbelievable, that's from someone who has trawled round every kitchen shop north of the border, its not fitted yet but it looked and felt mint.

Some other stuff is budget but not everything, they cater for all classes.

That's good. I would never have thought of going to Ikea for something as major as that. As I can't do DIY or have family that could do it I just tend to get one company to provide me with everything. And I'm probably losing out on cash as a result. :banghead:

• Admin

But I bet you spend ages trying to look like a tramp though. (I'll pre-empt your 'at least I have to make an effort to look like a tramp blah blah blah' joke here)

You've met me on a few occasions now and it should be pretty obvious of the total lack of care. If i look good it's a complete coincidence rather than by effort. :checkit:

You've met me on a few occasions now and it should be pretty obvious of the total lack of care. If i look good it's a complete coincidence rather than by effort. :checkit:

Bollocks! The gothemotwee is the hardest of "I don't care" looks to perfect. i know as I work with one.

• Admin

Bollocks! The gothemotwee is the hardest of "I don't care" looks to perfect. i know as I work with one.

Coopy, can you find a picture of what in your head looks like gothemotwee? It sounds hilarious. I have a hard time differentiating between goth and emo because it's all black and eyeliner, but twee is the polar opposite. It's all cardigans, tweed jackets, ukuleles and bowties.

ikea is sh*t from entrance to exit.

cheap asnd good enough for students, right enough.

The one in Glasgow is mint.

Never been to the Edinburgh one.

Edinburgh is nowhere near as good especially since they revamped the Glasgow store last year. It's pretty good.

Aye if you dress like a 1980s football hooligan. Usual mix of high street brands really. Dockers, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren the usual suspects.

Yes there are some labels to avoid but also so really good stuff. I love looking around it even if I don't always buy there.