Season Ticket Sales

Season tickets  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will you or will you not renew or get season ticket

• I will renew if I believe we have an adequate squad
    • I will only renew if we make the "stellar signing"
    • Not renewing this time, just cherry pick games
    • other (post other choice/decision please)

Sorry (another fkn poll)

Just wondering if anyone has heard yet.

Also (just to get an Idea) how many folk out there (like me) are waiting til we see our final squad before deciding on renewing?

Not wanting this to become an argument about how committed to the cause folk are & how folk are not real fans etc.

Just wanting to see how many chatters are holding off, or simply not renewing at all.

Not wanting to know about those that have already renewed, just those that are willing if their hopes are met.

I will if I believe we have an adequate squad

i was swithering getting my first one in 2 years with 2 mates. once the club saw fit to make ricky f**king foster (nothing to do with rangers and everything to do with him being unable to conrol, pass or cross a football) captain that made my mind up to carry on playing myself and forget spending all my saturdays watching that pish. looks like the best decision i've ever made. will still go to games boozy when i'm not playing in the hope some miracle will happen though.

Havent renewed, simply for the fact that my own football stops me from going. If i can get to a game, il go. Regardless of who we are playing, or how well we are doing.

Personally i find it hard not to go and watch them. I think its possibly to do with the fact that Aberdeen have never been world beaters to me, and ive never seen the side of sucess, so i dont know what im missing.

Still haven't renewed mine yet, had the phone call and everything. I'll see how things develop over the next puckle o' wiks. I gave serious thought for the first time ever of a 1/2 ST today, but if things start to go seriously down the sh*t pan i might not even bother with that.

If i don't it will be the first time in 11 year ive not had an ST.

:suicide:

I'm guessing we've sold less than ever this season.

Our average attendance will be at a new all time low unless major signings are signed.

Crowd last Saturday was indicator that sales must be well down.

10001 on opening day was real eye opener and pretty much unheard of.

Didn't renew mine last season for the first time in 16 years and was so glad I didn't, went to a handful of home games and a few more aways, it will have to be something impressive to get me to buy another one, why should I commit when the board don't and besides, the season ticket used to be a must to get tickets for big away games or cup semi finals or finals but none of these things are a problem to get a general sale ticket for any more as the fans have just lost interest.

Our last big signing was probably Barry Nicholson. If the board won't invest then people won't turn up. It's pretty basic stuff. If Starbucks served weak as pish coffee then nobody'd buy the product. Same applies for weak as pish football teams.

Just have a look at the size of our squad on www.afc.co.uk and compare it to old squad lists on there. We're scraping the bottom of the barrel with a 22-man team half of which are kids. I've been pretty pleased with the players we've signed this summer but you've got to worry that we've only got 2 senior fullbacks (one of them 18!) after last season! And we've only got 2 wingers too (one of them 18/19). It beggars belief.

We are a wee team now and we'll remain a wee team until some fluke that we get an unnaturally gifted crop of youngsters coming through. We are AFC. We are resoundingly below average and the board don't mind one bit.

i wish somebody with 1 shread of importance and authority at pittodrie would read this. maybe then would arses be booted and something could maybe be done to entice the long suffering fans back. just about everybody has had enough. f**king clueless, tight, lazy arseholes have strung us along for far to long. pull the f**king fingers and wallets oot or there'll be nae point having a shiny new stadium cause nae c**t will be there.

I have renewed after my famous words at the end of last season being "f**k that. I'm nae renewing to watch that f**king sh*te wik in wik oot again." I still think we will be okay this season not setting the heather alight but we will be free of relegation worries and have something to build on going into next season. I realise that I am among the minority here and no I have not seen us play yet.

i wish somebody with 1 shread of importance and authority at pittodrie would read this. maybe then would arses be booted and something could maybe be done to entice the long suffering fans back. just about everybody has had enough. f**king clueless, tight, lazy arseholes have strung us along for far to long. pull the f**king fingers and wallets oot or there'll be nae point having a shiny new stadium cause nae c**t will be there.

We're not important enough to them it would seem, unfortunately.

Like I've documented on a previous occasion, this is the first time in 30 years I've not purchased a season ticket.

I may buy one though if Darren Mackie chokes to death on a cigarette in the near future.

Or if he get his legs crushed by a bus.

Or if he learns how to control a ball, pass it, shoot, position himself, go in for challenges, keep out of the way of his striking partner...etc etc. Er...

• Site Sponsor

Not renewing.

Fed up with the same old pish from the Board who wont invest in the team.

If I hadn't already bought tickets for the Celtic game (bought before the St Mirren match), I wouldn't be going on Sunday.

I'll go - but a fair chance it may be my last game at Pittodrie.

Scunnered, f**ked off, had enough

Haven't bought one for the following reasons :

1. Our board will not back the Manager so why should I back them.

2. They will more than likely offer a new contract to Foster and Mackie .....

3. They want to move us into a new stadium, Therefore crippling us, Unless Wiggy backrolls the lot.

I'm neither a Chairman nor a businessman but some of the actions that have been brought before us is just now taking the pi55.

Have had a season ticket for 22 years, didn't get one last season, went to most games then got a 1/2 ST because the "apparent" improvement, no ST this season and missing a OF game for the first time as I don't want to witness another defeat............................

When are they going to sort it oot????

not renewing again, wrote to them before JC was sacked and told them it's up to them to make me want to buy one, and if things improved then I'd happily pay my way to every home game at full price if the product was better. I've seen little improvement and nothing to make me want to shell out for a season ticket. Ill buy the strips, ill go to the odd game but my days of crawling over hot coals and freezing puddles to attend are over. I think even now if the team massive improved i'd struggle to be motivated to buy a ST. Although my eldest kid (6) is rapidly gaining my youthful excitement of following the dons so maybe there is no great loss to the club?

• 4 weeks later...

Have the club released season ticket sales figures yet?

Do they ever? or is it always just hearsay.

Have to say that with less than a week to go in the transfer window, I am certainly not regretting not renewing my ticket.

Would have done so but for the total uninspiring signings (or lack of signings) we have made.

Yes there is still time for me to have reason to change my mind on this but it'd be a major shock to me if something happened to sway me in the direction of renewing now.

Not even sure if just one 'marquee' type signing would be enough now, as we are lacking so much on the creative side it just beggars belief.

Hope Broon has a firm hand on the ears of a couple of rabbits in the proverbial hat :crossfingers: & is just keeping it low key for now

Didnt renew last season as most home fixtures clashed with the loon being away. Went to every Sunday/midweek game and a couple of away fixtures though. Waited to get his fixtures for this season before deciding and we can make pretty much every home game at least 'til the end of February, beginning of March so bought ST's for me and the wee man on Tuesday.

Didnt renew last season as most home fixtures clashed with the loon being away. Went to every Sunday/midweek game and a couple of away fixtures though. Waited to get his fixtures for this season before deciding and we can make pretty much every home game at least 'til the end of February, beginning of March so bought ST's for me and the wee man on Tuesday.

I had you down (probably completely wrongly) as someone who wouldn't be going back unless there was significant improvement on the pitch. Is that right, and you think there might be this season, or would you be going if you could make it regardless of what was happening on the pitch?

I had you down (probably completely wrongly) as someone who wouldn't be going back unless there was significant improvement on the pitch. Is that right, and you think there might be this season, or would you be going if you could make it regardless of what was happening on the pitch?

Missed a fair chunk when I played football, but been to pretty much every game I've been able to go to for the best part of 30 years bar a couple of Pele Paterson type Saturday afternoons. I may threaten to from time to time, but I can't see that ever changing. With the boy being involved at the moment its heightened the appetite for going too, as he is an absolute die hard who hates missing a game.

Missed a fair chunk when I played football, but been to pretty much every game I've been able to go to for the best part of 30 years bar a couple of Pele Paterson type Saturday afternoons. I may threaten to from time to time, but I can't see that ever changing. With the boy being involved at the moment its heightened the appetite for going too, as he is an absolute die hard who hates missing a game.

Oh right, poor analysis on my part. :laughing: