Things That Should Not Be

Drinks giant IRN-BRU have collaborated with a renowned Scottish butcher to produce a unique pie to make the start of the SFL season.

The leading drinks manufacturer, which sponsors Scotland's lower leagues, has created a a limited edition pie infused with the fizzy drink's ginger sweet taste in partnership with world Pie champion, Maurice Irvine.

The pie will be available to purchase from Irvine's of Beith for this Saturday only.

The IRN-BRU pie was unveiled today by Martin Steele, IRN-BRU's Senior Brand Manager.

He said: "Football fans will know how well IRN-BRU goes with a pie, so it is great to be able to create an IRN-BRU pie as the new season is launching this weekend."

Martin was joined by SFL Chief Executive David Longmuir and Maurice to unveil the pie at the prestigious Beith bakers.

Maurice commented: "I am delighted to have worked with IRN-BRU on these pies for the start of the new SFL season. I always like to experiment with new ways of making pies to get the best possible results for our customers and this won't disappoint! I'm sure we'll have quite a few requests for the IRN-BRU pie this weekend."

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/IRNBRU-pie-launched-to-mark.6812905.jp

I feel sick just thinking about that.

" Football fans will know how well Irn Bru goes with a pie"

Am I the only football fan who believes that this "goes" badly?

I can't think of a worse combination than food colouring, sugar and steak to put in a pastry case.

Well, I can.

But Barrs wouldn't want to try and sell it.

I assume - if they'll sell this sh!t , the c**ts will sell anything....

Doesn't appeal to me. I will stick with a steak pie and a bovril.

Need to start seeing a bit more health food at the games if you ask me.

It's 2011 not 1911 and it annoys me that all you can get at a match is crap.

Pies, bridies, sausage rolls etc.

What about a half decent mix of salad for a change so people going to watch athletes can actually eat proper healthy food. :dontknow:

Pie and Beef extract drinks should be confined to the history books. No wonder Scotland has such a poor health record.

Yes, but I don't think that these forward thinking people are likely to be found at a football match.

Not judging by the amount of blimps you see at the football, anyway.

Take away the pies and replace with nutritious foods at football and the blimps will be no more.

Who wants fat fans anyway other than the token one in the away end that you can all sing "Sumo" to?

An Irn-Bru pie sums up Scotland's attitude to health perfectly.

What next?

Haggis flavoured cigarettes?

Need to start seeing a bit more health food at the games if you ask me.

It's 2011 not 1911 and it annoys me that all you can get at a match is crap.

Pies, bridies, sausage rolls etc.

What about a half decent mix of salad for a change so people going to watch athletes can actually eat proper healthy food. :dontknow:

Pie and Beef extract drinks should be confined to the history books. No wonder Scotland has such a poor health record.

People are at a game for 1 hour and 45 minutes. If they cant abstain from a pie for that long then serving a salad aint going to help them that much.

It is 2011 and not 1911. It isnt 1984 either... I'd prefer to be able to decide wether or not I have a pie than have them confined to the history books and replaced with salad. Like a friggin salad and a carrot smoothy is going to warm anyone up at half time mid January...

Everything has a place, pie and bovril is a football thing. Taking it away is taking away part of the day. A pie now and again does no harm...

Take away the pies and replace with nutritious foods at football and the blimps will be no more.

Who wants fat fans anyway other than the token one in the away end that you can all sing "Sumo" to?

An Irn-Bru pie sums up Scotland's attitude to health perfectly.

What next?

Haggis flavoured cigarettes?

You wanting these things banned though sums up the Scottish attitude to dealing with the health issues. Instead of removing the options people should be educated better. Its also down to bad parenting... they want, they get is the new mantra of parents, allowing kids to gorge on sh*t microwave food all week, horrid processed sh*t in a tray filled with preservatives and colours, chippers/indians/chinese/pizza's a couple of times a week etc. Removing something doesnt change a mindset or culture. Plenty of other countries manage to survive past 60 with all the same unhealthy options in front of them but their governments havent over monitored the food industry so their ready meals in their tesco equivalent are actually a lot healthier because they are over processed.

You wanting these things banned though sums up the Scottish attitude to dealing with the health issues. Instead of removing the options people should be educated better. Its also down to bad parenting... they want, they get is the new mantra of parents, allowing kids to gorge on sh*t microwave food all week, horrid processed sh*t in a tray filled with preservatives and colours, chippers/indians/chinese/pizza's a couple of times a week etc. Removing something doesnt change a mindset or culture. Plenty of other countries manage to survive past 60 with all the same unhealthy options in front of them but their governments havent over monitored the food industry so their ready meals in their tesco equivalent are actually a lot healthier because they are over processed.

Ach I was taking the piss min.

Hopefully you werena when you passed that horse tip.

Nae all parents are like that though. My daughter's never had a pre cooked meal in her life and never will as long as she lives under our roof.

Same goes for crisps and sweeties. She's happier with a handful of fruit or veg sticks as she doesn't know any better. Veg costs f**k all as it's home grown as well.

Ach I was taking the piss min.

Hopefully you werena when you passed that horse tip.

Nae all parents are like that though. My daughter's never had a pre cooked meal in her life and never will as long as she lives under our roof.

Same goes for crisps and sweeties. She's happier with a handful of fruit or veg sticks as she doesn't know any better. Veg costs f**k all as it's home grown as well.

haha, not at all. I'll have a good night tonight if it comes in :thumbs:

And no they're nae but the ones that are usually own the fat f**k kids.

I'm just sick of the UK attitude of banning and removing things over allowing freedom of choice and with that a lot of people in Britain accepting bans and now openly encouraging them.

haha, not at all. I'll have a good night tonight if it comes in :thumbs:

And no they're nae but the ones that are usually own the fat f**k kids.

I'm just sick of the UK attitude of banning and removing things over allowing freedom of choice and with that a lot of people in Britain accepting bans and now openly encouraging them.

MSG

I'm all for banning certain things such as foods with additives that have no health benefits what so ever but added to food to make it taste better.

Gads.

MSG

I'm all for banning certain things such as foods with additives that have no health benefits what so ever but added to food to make it taste better.

Gads.

but you'd happily tuck into a pre packed salad washed in chlorine and stored in modified atmosphere packaging at a game ;)

Doesnt matter what we eat in Britain these days its going to be bad for us in some way or another. Best bet is to grow your own... aye veggies

but you'd happily tuck into a pre packed salad washed in chlorine and stored in modified atmosphere packaging at a game ;)

Doesnt matter what we eat in Britain these days its going to be bad for us in some way or another. Best bet is to grow your own... aye veggies

I'd bring my own salad to the match if that's what I was going to want to eat. :liar:

I prefer half a dozen pints and a few lines of ching anyway. That puts me right off eating anything so salad or pies would be out the door and I'd hae the disco foam going and be chewing my lugholes.

Fae salads, full circle to pints and ching chong.

Canna beat a large carrot for a nibble but i'm sure the plod could find a way of classing them as some sort of weapon.

Match Ticket, cash, chinger, carrot. Its the New Breed.

Ach bin the carrots. Ching is better for you. Makes you better looking and harder.

Makes you hornier as well.

Win win situation.

A few issues here:

Firstly irn bru flavored pies sounds awful but separately enjoyed together they aren't half bad.

Secondly Scotland seems to revel in having a poor diet, where cooking is not enjoyedin thehome as it once was, where mcdonalds is queued out the door at all hours of the day. What can we do though? Won't change over night butcan help worrying about our children's generation as they'll be blighted with weight related health problems.

Lastly the standard of catering at football games in the uk is appalling . Anything other than instant tea or such like with a pie or burger is seen as adventurous and alien.

If we can have those wonderful food stalls on union tec for the international market why not at Pittodrie . Some half time paella or

Some Thai style prawns would be brilliant

Make you think your better looking and harder!

Well obviously looking like you're utterly frazzled with what looks like brown creamola foam dribbling from your mouth, a crusty snottery beak and a jaw doing 20,000 rpm isn't actually going to make you look more attractive but you'll definitely think you are.

It's great being oot yer nut.

A few issues here:

Firstly irn bru flavored pies sounds awful but separately enjoyed together they aren't half bad.

Secondly Scotland seems to revel in having a poor diet, where cooking is not enjoyedin thehome as it once was, where mcdonalds is queued out the door at all hours of the day. What can we do though? Won't change over night butcan help worrying about our children's generation as they'll be blighted with weight related health problems.

Lastly the standard of catering at football games in the uk is appalling . Anything other than instant tea or such like with a pie or burger is seen as adventurous and alien.

If we can have those wonderful food stalls on union tec for the international market why not at Pittodrie . Some half time paella or

Some Thai style prawns would be brilliant

As wonderful as that sounds be aware the prawn paella at the International Street Market is actually made from potatoes not prawns. :ThumbsDown: