Folly before Osbourne any day of hte week.

From what I've seen so far yes.

I'm reckoning that Osbourne is going to take a while to get up to speed and find what form he had previously.

I wasn't too disappointed in him today, but he just seemed to be off the pace. I don't think having pace is an asset of the type of game he plays, but he seems sluggish and I feel 18 months is costing him and making it hard for him.

Seems to love a tackle though and I hope given time and once he settles in to playing week in week out he'll become a key player for us.

Folly was great in the majority of games I seen last season (although I only seen the first four or five, then whatever was on RedTV). Does a similar game to Osbourne, but probably better... depends how Osbourne gets on with more games under his belt, not writing him off now at all.

I think it will be tough for him to get back into the first XI though when he is fit. I imagine once Mawene is back the central midfield will be Arnason and Milsom, which sounds pretty good to me to be honest.

Pretty sure it was because we had f**kall else there, but aye you stick to your agenda against Folly and have it that way.

Is that you following me around again you wierdo? :hysterical:

No agenda, I don't think he's that good, although he's probably better than Jack so look forward to having him back.

Cast your mind back, under Mcghee he was mostly picked in central midfield along with Hartley, Brown came in, didna fancy him in centre midfiled much and signed Milsom to partner Hartley in centre midfield, hence me saying Folly got 'shunted' to right midfield because he wasn't 'deemed' good enough for one of the two central midfield positions.

Do you understand what I'm saying now or will I try and dumb it down a little more for you?

No agenda, I don't think he's that good, although he's probably better than Jack so look forward to having him back.

Cast your mind back, under Mcghee he was mostly picked in central midfield along with Hartley, Brown came in, didna fancy him in centre midfiled much and signed Milsom to partner Hartley in centre midfield, hence me saying Folly got 'shunted' to right midfield because he wasn't 'deemed' good enough for one of the two central midfield positions.

Do you understand what I'm saying now or will I try and dumb it down a little more for you?

What you on about? Folly had already broke his ankle before Milsom signed.

Nah i'm pretty sure he was right-mid that day mate, that's why he was up against Dixon at that unfortunate moment. Must have been Hartley and Jack in centre mid.

Jesus even worse if he was shunted to right midfield to allow Ryan Jack to play centre mid!

Thinking back now I stand corrected we did sign Milsom after Folly was injured but it was clear to see that Brown didna fancy Folly as a central midfielder as he prefered Jack there and was looking to sign another central midfielder.

He'll be a decent enough back up midfielder I guess but I can't remember him being quite as good as some folk on here are sugesting. If he plays right midfield then we still won't be creating fack all as he's nae that type of player.

By the way, I'm a fan of Ozbourne, nae the fastest but does the simple things well and loves a tackle. Hopefully he'll get better with games, remember he's barely kicked a ba in a year and a half

No he was definetely right midfield mate. He was on the right all game as I remember him being solid enough but didn't offer us anything going forward. 100% certain he was right mid that day.

He played Right Mid that day didn't he move to Right back when Mcnamee went off injured? He also played wide the wk before against Hibs where he scored coming in from the wing to slide in.

He played Right Mid that day didn't he move to Right back when Mcnamee went off injured? He also played wide the wk before against Hibs where he scored coming in from the wing to slide in.

Couldn't remember him filling in at RB when McNamee inevitably went off but yes as you say he played right-mid against the HIV's too.

Couldn't remember him filling in at RB when McNamee inevitably went off but yes as you say he played right-mid against the HIV's too.

I just not sure but I do remember him being at right back at some point last season when Mcnamee went off injured. I think Brown will use him at RB if the rest o the guys are fit. But I really think it's highly unlikely we will have all our players fit at one time. TBH Mawame is injury prone and we will be lucky if he plays more than 20 games this season. We will wait and see but where he going to play them all. As u have Clark to come back in too??

I just not sure but I do remember him being at right back at some point last season when Mcnamee went off injured. I think Brown will use him at RB if the rest o the guys are fit. But I really think it's highly unlikely we will have all our players fit at one time. TBH Mawame is injury prone and we will be lucky if he plays more than 20 games this season. We will wait and see but where he going to play them all. As u have Clark to come back in too??

Yeah he does have a bit of a dilemma in that sense. Mind you Clark shouldn't be played as a full-back which probably is still going to happen. Imo this should be the likely scenario with Brown surely looking at getting in a new left-back to allow clark further forward, if not even looking at another left-mid too. And another striker as well is the first priority:

Gonzalez

Foster Arnesen Mawene/Considine New LB

Pawlett Osbourne/Folly Fyvie/Milsom Clark

Vernon Mackie

Yeah he does have a bit of a dilemma in that sense. Mind you Clark shouldn't be played as a full-back which probably is still going to happen. Imo this should be the likely scenario with Brown surely looking at getting in a new left-back to allow clark further forward, if not even looking at another left-mid too. And another striker as well is the first priority:

Gonzalez

Vernon Mackie

Vernon and Mackie scares me if played much longer. Shocking pairing :-(

Gonzalez

Vernon Mackie

Even after Arnesen being our best player today playig in defense Brown saying after game he wants him to move into midfield when Mawene comes back.

What you on about? Folly had already broke his ankle before Milsom signed.

Cheers RUL, thought that myself as soon as I read this boys post, maybe he should have dumbed it down more for his own good.