Community Shield

United looking goog until their new multi million pound goalkeeper decided to sh*t himself!

Was nowhere for the first goal and certainly should have kept out the second!

The new Massimo Taibi?

Bit harsh on Taibi. I remember his debut and he got the man of the match award that day!

It worked and both Smicer and Fowler should have scored but the redeemed Taibi saved from point-blank range. He was later voted man-of-the-match.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/fa_carling_premiership/444155.stm

Brilliant 2nd united goal.

Keeper partly at fault for both goals but to be expected with such a new young signing. In long term I'm sure he'll do well.

Midfield still looks lightweight and prob has been so for couple of years now. Plenty players that can 'do a job' in CM but been missing a true top player since carricks 2nd season or so

Pass their way in to the Chamions League eh.

Another season on relying on Bale for you boys?

Bobo does Wenger only have scouts watching the french league cause why he'd sign Gervinho i've no idea, especially after his brilliant acquisition of Chamakh last season?

Just a thought.

Well you seemed to be winding up Tut in regards to his team relying on Bale and i just thought what do you think of your managers signings for the new season? That's all.

My managers signings? I made my feelings know in the JIT in the afc section today.

Back on topic.

Have you seen much of Gervinho? I've seen a bit and he looks a good player but we'll have to see how he performs next season. Chamakh struggled in the second half of last season - does that mean every player signed from the French league is going to struggle? No idea what point you're even trying to make.

My managers signings? I made my feelings know in the JIT in the afc section today.

Back on topic.

Have you seen much of Gervinho? I've seen a bit and he looks a good player but we'll have to see how he performs next season. Chamakh struggled in the second half of last season - does that mean every player signed from the French league is going to struggle? No idea what point you're even trying to make.

Was only banter loon, that's all. Imo though i don't think the French league is as good as it used to be, hence when the national side were superb. Didn't think much of the guy in the World Cup either. Just think Wenger needs to get a big name signing in - or two - otherwise all his good work he's done in the past will have been for nothing if they don't win a trophy this season.

Was only banter loon, that's all. Imo though i don't think the French league is as good as it used to be, hence when the national side were superb. Didn't think much of the guy in the World Cup either. Just think Wenger needs to get a big name signing in - or two - otherwise all his good work he's done in the past will have been for nothing if they don't win a trophy this season.

Definitely need some players in. Fabregas and Nasri leaving could be a blessing in disguise.

hard to believe that for most of the 2nd half ashely young was uniteds oldest player, and that was with the likes of rooney and evans on the pitch.

i notice a lot has been made of tom cleverlys rise within man united and talk of him fitting into scholes place in the team.

no pressure there then, tom.

hard to believe that for most of the 2nd half ashely young was uniteds oldest player, and that was with the likes of rooney and evans on the pitch.

i notice a lot has been made of tom cleverlys rise within man united and talk of him fitting into scholes place in the team.

no pressure there then, tom.

Cleverly will turn into an important player for United in years to come. Indeed, if the the Sneijder deal doesn't happen he'll feature a lot what with Fletchers mystery illness, Carrick struggling for fitness and Giggs aging.

Called up for the full English squad today as well.

Cleverly will turn into an important player for United in years to come. Indeed, if the the Sneijder deal doesn't happen he'll feature a lot what with Fletchers mystery illness, Carrick struggling for fitness and Giggs aging.

Called up for the full English squad today as well.

Agreed. Was very impressed with him on loan at Wigan last season and Fergie said he'd be playing him more this season. Obviously these young lads aren't in the same mould as Utd's 90's kids but the potential is there to emulate them.