Singing Section

I was just wondering what the thoughts on this experiment so far were.

Sitting in relative proximity I have noticed a general pick up in the volume levels for the two games so far, but I wasn't too sure if this was travelling at all well.

Also, from anyone in and about the group, was just wondering what the opinions on some of the songs started yesterday were, and if there was going to be any kind of self-policing in it? Songs about Neil Lennon being a paedo (why, I don't know, plenty genuine reasons to dislike him) are maybe done in good fun, but it is a bit too far when a some in the section start singing about Tommy Burns, which was rightfully shot down. With crowds being watched more carefully in general, and a specific singing section probably being monitored more intensely, I would hope the likes of that and the random shouts of fenian this and that will not be a regular occurrence.

So in short, some good, some bad in my opinion. Anyone else got one?

• Site Sponsor

Sitting in relative proximity I have noticed a general pick up in the volume levels for the two games so far, but I wasn't too sure if this was travelling at all well.

Also, from anyone in and about the group, was just wondering what the opinions on some of the songs started yesterday were, and if there was going to be any kind of self-policing in it? Songs about Neil Lennon being a paedo (why, I don't know, plenty genuine reasons to dislike him) are maybe done in good fun, but it is a bit too far when a some in the section start singing about Tommy Burns, which was rightfully shot down. With crowds being watched more carefully in general, and a specific singing section probably being monitored more intensely, I would hope the likes of that and the random shouts of fenian this and that will not be a regular occurrence.

Not being at all contentious here; we have a singing section? Must be sign language as I ain't heard it.

Oh dear that doesn't sound clever at all.

Lennon being a paedo sounds a bit of a strange one as well. :dontknow:

For what it's worth a singing section is in my opinion a waste of time especially positioned in an area where the noise generated wouldn't carry to the pitch.

I watched game on TV yesterday, I kept saying to the missus - the atmosphere is feckin shocking - I don't hear a peep, and that included for long spells the Celtic fans also.

From memory, the Celtic fans only made a lot of noise after they scored.

We only made a lot of noise towards the end when we were chasing an equaliser and got a corner.

The RDU was bouncing in patches yesterday

Where? I didnt see any of this.

Took my missus to the game (her first one) and she said 'why are the Celtic fans singing and Aberdeen fans arent' - summed it up!

Our atmosphere last about 10 seconds in whole, per song.

That bill has to be the biggest load of sh*te ever, totally unmanageable, was it not flung out being one of the worst drafted bills ever ?

I agree. There was to be a challenge to the bill in the courts on the basis that it was outside the legislative competence of the scottish government. The SNP shat themselves, and postponed the introduction of the bill for 6 months to tidy it up a bit. It'll be back....

:vader:

Where? I didnt see any of this.

Took my missus to the game (her first one) and she said 'why are the Celtic fans singing and Aberdeen fans arent' - summed it up!

Our atmosphere last about 10 seconds in whole, per song.

Back left corner. Probably because I was in amongst it but it was pretty noisy there and can imagine it would have been even more louder if we were winning.

I agree. There was to be a challenge to the bill in the courts on the basis that it was outside the legislative competence of the scottish government. The SNP shat themselves, and postponed the introduction of the bill for 6 months to tidy it up a bit. It'll be back....

:vader:

Indeed I know someone very close to it , I think he dodged a bullet as he wasnt asked to help draft it

There's a group within the area who are total zoomers and they were at st mirren singing sh*te as well.

I know the lot you mean. Attention seekers the lot of them. They have their conversations at elevated levels to try and get a reaction, knowing in the confines of a football ground, they generally won't. Either that or they are as KSL suggested, utter mongs. Probably the latter actually...

As you well know, tup, I never go anywhere with a dresscode.

Lies, I've seen you getting ready for heading to Ibrox, freshly ironed bandana, string vest starched, resplendent in a 1973 Cancer Research shop suit jaikit, loafers, and stain devilled Adidas trackie bottoms to remove the perma-pish stains from around the crotch area.

I was in the 'singing section' yesterday. 2 or 3 rows just to the right of me were full of folk about 11 years old trying to act solid. Couple of come on you reds when we got a a few corners early in the second half, but atmosphere wasnt great overall.

Agree with Tup's point, 12.15 on a sunday, most folk, including me are still half asleep and/or hungover so that didnt help much.

• 2 weeks later...