Alex Ferguson

i've put this thread in the dons forum, so as not to confuse people like tup.

alex fergie, to me at least, looks to be building another strong manchester united side before riding off into the sunset with at least 4 european trophies, 15 league titles and countless other plaudits.

first of all he needed to beat the old firm and now he has to contend with russian roubles and rich sand jockeys.

he's had one long glorious career.

regardless of your english affiliation, this man will go down in history as the greatest (british) manager of all. and he managed the dons to our greatest successes. thats the biggest (or is it only) chunk of afc's history due ot this man.

leave your respcts here.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'll indulge this pish, briefly.

Thank you Alex Ferguson, I once worshipped the ground on which you walked, and was in total awe of you as a youngster, and still respect you to this day.

Thanks very much for your work at Aberdeen, which finished 25 years ago.

I don't give a flying f**k about your work at Manchester United, I was an Aberdeen supporter in 1986, and I still am now, but unfortunately I've never been an Alex Ferguson supporter, so if bluto is hoping for someone to eulogise about easy Champions League wins, or indulge the referee baiting huns of England and their trophy haul, he can f**king think again from my point of view.

:scarf: (Aberdeen, nae Man Utd)

Why do you dislike him out of interest?

Jane Franchi's not related to you is she?

His manner and attitude in way he comes across. Arrogant to the max. Although appreciate that this things probably help him be the winner he is.

From outside seems that when Fergie does these things he is genius but when Wenger does it he is French c**t!!

Has your brief indulgance into this pish not finished yet?

I love how you can edit your posts without marking them as edit.

Well I dinna really love it, it's sinister.

To answer your question, no, there's too many morons saying too many stupid things for me to leave it.

Your dismissal of Aberdeen FC's history outside of the 8 years Ferguson managed us is the mark of a complete and utter bellend who can't see past Sky Sports and the EPL. Coupled with the fact you felt the need to start a thread out of nowhere for us to 'pay our respcts' as if he had died, makes me think that, yes, you are a loathsome twat.

Mods, this thread is ridiculous. Pull it before it gets any worse. :suicide:

I love how you can edit your posts without marking them as edit.

Well I dinna really love it, it's sinister.

To answer your question, no, there's too many morons saying too many stupid things for me to leave it.

i like arguing with you about it tup, cause even when your worng you'll still keep on.

but - that said, it would be nice and refreshing to find out your REAL views.

Your dismissal of Aberdeen FC's history outside of the 8 years Ferguson managed us is the mark of a complete and utter bellend who can't see past Sky Sports and the EPL. Coupled with the fact you felt the need to start a thread out of nowhere for us to 'pay our respcts' as if he had died, makes me think that, yes, you are a loathsome twat.

Mods, this thread is ridiculous. Pull it before it gets any worse. :suicide:

ye daft mentalist.

learn to take a joke.

His manner and attitude in way he comes across. Arrogant to the max. Although appreciate that this things probably help him be the winner he is.

From outside seems that when Fergie does these things he is genius but when Wenger does it he is French c**t!!

Fair enough.

Wenger isn't winning things. Fergie is. It's just more sh*te to fling at Wenger when things aren't going right.

But say for instance in some parallel universe we were a successful club and Fergie was still at the helm. Acting in the manner, arrogance and attitude that you find distatseful. Would you still dislike him?

Fair enough.

Wenger isn't winning things. Fergie is. It's just more sh*te to fling at Wenger when things aren't going right.

But say for instance in some parallel universe we were a successful club and Fergie was still at the helm. Acting in the manner, arrogance and attitude that you find distatseful. Would you still dislike him?

Yes. Would still think he was prick like do now but would also still appreciate the job he does winning like i do now. In effect he would be our prick!!

Plenty dicks been around our club over the years that don't really like. Jimbo Leighton my boyhood hero for one was dour and a prick off the pitch when autograph hunting etc.

Plenty dicks been around our club over the years that don't really like. Jimbo Leighton my boyhood hero for one was dour and a prick off the pitch when autograph hunting etc.

Agreed, there's something quite feel about Leighton when you speak to him face to face, like he's nae quite right, despite being a tremendous player.

Nah Newcastle are the Aberdeen of England.

Once had a great manager (Sir Bobby) and nobody has been able to get it anywhere near right since. Sleeping giant and the job's cursed.

They've never won anything for years, and they're followed by complete imbeciles who make a point of publicly displaying their stupidity on a regular basis.

i.e. nothing like the Dons, at all :checkit:

Once had a great manager (Sir Bobby) and nobody has been able to get it anywhere near right since. Sleeping giant and the job's cursed.

Hearts are liek Newcastle.

Laughing stock and they've never won f**k all (in living memory :lolrangers:)

Fair enough.

Digressing slightly, in terms of ability I don't really think you can compare Wenger and Ferguson. Their are plenty managers, through history, who've built successful teams. However, what sets Fergie apart from the likes of Wenger, is that he's been able to build to built multiple teams.... even when you discount the success he had at Aberdeen on a shoe-string budget, at Manchester United, you can probably argue that he's built three successful sides...

(1) The Bryan Robson, Bruce, Pallister era

(2) The Scholes, Beckham, Butt, Neville, Keane, Yorke, Cole team, when Alan Hansen made that famous "you'll never win anything with kids..." comment.

and finally (3) the current team.

I know certain players like Scholes and Giggs played in various different teams, but it's the ability to have success, then strip that team back to almost nothing and start again that is so impressive.

In my opinion, the only other manager who comes close to Fergie, from the British Isles is Brian Clough. His achievements at Derby and Forest were quite remarkable.

Disagree - Forest are closer.

Once had a great manager (Clough), Brilliant in the 80s, winning in Europe despite being a "provincial" club.

Pretty much sh*te for 2 decades.

And they wear red.

Digressing slightly, in terms of ability I don't really think you can compare Wenger and Ferguson. Their are plenty managers, through history, who've built successful teams. However, what sets Fergie apart from the likes of Wenger, is that he's been able to build to built multiple teams.... even when you discount the success he had at Aberdeen on a shoe-string budget, at Manchester United, you can probably argue that he's built three successful sides...

(1) The Bryan Robson, Bruce, Pallister era

(2) The Scholes, Beckham, Butt, Neville, Keane, Yorke, Cole team, when Alan Hansen made that famous "you'll never win anything with kids..." comment.

and finally (3) the current team.

I know certain players like Scholes and Giggs played in various different teams, but it's the ability to have success, then strip that team back to almost nothing and start again that is so impressive.

In my opinion, the only other manager who comes close to Fergie, from the British Isles is Brian Clough. His achievements at Derby and Forest were quite remarkable.

This ^^^

wot give him cwedit, ah well you ask Jane Franchi's man if what he thinks of Fergie, and then go and ask the St Mirren board that sacked him for "gross misconduct", then ask the English FA's bungs enquiry team who said a manager they couldn't name but had been " managing in the top flight at the same English club for twenty years" what they think of him yeah have to respect what he did at Pittodrie but hate the c**t now , and not just cos he took Liverpools league title record