Ryan Jack

I'm just not a fan of Jack,don't think the lad should be anywhere the team. Yet to see him have a good game.

Yeah he seemed out of his depth last season, whereas Fyvie hasn't even though Fraser is younger would that be correct?

Doesn't have the pace to play right mid and not quite strong enough for centre midfield although Brown obviously sees something in him as did MM. At the end of the day i hope he does well.

I think Ryan is a great wee player. Well done that man

Like i say ollie i think he can be good, maybe with the right players around him and continued good coaching by the old guys, but i just think he's got a long way to go until he garners the reputation of a consistently good player.

Anyway how's your loon doing with his footie?

Like i say ollie i think he can be good, maybe with the right players around him and continued good coaching by the old guys, but i just think he's got a long way to go until he garners the reputation of a consistently good player.

Anyway how's your loon doing with his footie?

He would certainly benefit having better players around him. Not blessed with great pace but that's not his game. If there's a better player in our squad at retaining the ball I'm not quite sure who it would be.

Ryan that is, not Deano.

Dean and the rest of the (now) 12's look fit and stronger already after a few sessions. Friendly tomorrow night, weather permitting, against Newmachar 13's, 5-30 kick off at Balgownie.

And they look very smart in their new shiny Adidas gear too!

Doesn't have the pace to play right mid and not quite strong enough for centre midfield although Brown obviously sees something in him as did MM. At the end of the day i hope he does well.

Yeah that is true. As the team progresses(perhaps wishful thinking) i think he will be quickly spotted as weak link and faded out. But I hope I am wrong and the lad proves me wrong. Props on the call up and the goal however.

i can't believe he gets such a hard time. he's 19. unbelievable, majority of the idiots who give him grief are the same tubes who insist real wasters like mackie get full backing. difference is jacks learning his trade in an unbelievably s*ite team and rarely playing in the same position from 1 game to the next. brown filling an already overflowing midfield will only hinder his developement aswell same with fyvie.

Think jack is class... His best posistion is definately in the middle of the park, goes looking for the ball and uses it well, also not sure who commented saying he isnt strong, i think the exact opposite, haha.. think hes solid as!

But hope he does well! will struggle to get a proper game tho with the rest of the cm's we have

i can't believe he gets such a hard time. he's 19. unbelievable, majority of the idiots who give him grief are the same tubes who insist real wasters like mackie get full backing. difference is jacks learning his trade in an unbelievably s*ite team and rarely playing in the same position from 1 game to the next. brown filling an already overflowing midfield will only hinder his developement aswell same with fyvie.

Settle doon min. Who the f**k has said that like? We're not talking about Mackie here are we? All we're saying is that he's looked a little lost in games, a lot of them last year passed him by but the potential is there.

I'm just not a fan of Jack,don't think the lad should be anywhere the team. Yet to see him have a good game.

FFS. He's a footballer not a fcking sprinter. We already have too many players who can run but are incapable of trapping a ball or making a pass.

I would have jack in midfield ahead of magennis/mackie any day of week.

Is the correct answer.

apologies if you think i'm having a go at you because you don't seem to like him. just annoys me some supporters seem to have written him off as s*ite and not good enough already. he's a 19 year old kid still learning and still doing well imo. the fact he's been called up to the 21's would back that up. the stick he gets is unjustified.

apologies if you think i'm having a go at you because you don't seem to like him. just annoys me some supporters seem to have written him off as s*ite and not good enough already. he's a 19 year old kid still learning and still doing well imo. the fact he's been called up to the 21's would back that up. the stick he gets is unjustified.

Aye, the guy definitely has ability. Decent passer of the ball, quite tidy and capable of going past a player or two now and then. Just needs a bit of good coaching and guidance.

Remember his goal against Caley? You don't do that, if you don't possess a bit of footballing talent.

FFS. He's a footballer not a fcking sprinter. We already have too many players who can run but are incapable of trapping a ball or making a pass.

Spot on. He receives way too much stick in my opinion because he's not a dynamic box to box type player.

Hopefully the days of trying (and failing) to turn athletes into footballers (ala Mackie, Foster) are long gone.

Christ Mini he would not be at Aberdeen if he had pace as i think he has quite a bit of ability, but is certainly not a full back

If all our players had good touch, ball control and passing ability we could compare them and favour those with a bit of pace.

Fact is barely any of our players have this. I think jack is a proper footballer and if he keeps developing any lack of pace does not need to be a barrier at this level.

Pace is one of those easily spotted things that fans like to pick up on. Perhaps because some fans are not observant enough to see which players have good control, timing or vision. We put too much store in speed IMO, it's not needed in every player.

I am a big fan of the lad, think he has the potential to be a great wee player. I find it bizarre how a common recurring criticism of youth football in the country of late has been looking at size, fitness and pace of young players over technique etc, yet when we get a technically able player like Jack who likes to play football, he gets criticised for not filling the other criteria.

His development at the Dons has not been helped by the amount of different positions he has been played in over a season of first team football. He has played left back, right back, right midfield, central midfield in both a more holding position and an attacking position and on the left of midfield too. Despite this he always still tries to play football, and in my opinion has only ever really looked out of his depth when the team as a whole has.

Personally think that he has the potential to make it to a good level, but maybe a season not so much in the spotlight as last year will help his development, preferably involving him being utilised in a more regular position when he does make his apperances, rather than plugging every hole possible.