Mackie Haters

Mackie is reasonable, it's a bit laughable that we have folk saying he wouldna get a game for Inverurie Locos and sums up their knowledge of the game if they truly believe that he wouldna stand out a mile amongst the fat heart attack candidates that pass for Highland League defences.

I wouldna say he's lost all pace either, he fairly skinned Mastjorovic a couple of times last week.

But clearly we need someone else.

I think Vernon has lost his momentum and I'd sell him.

The other day against Hearts, he tried to control a decent long pass through to him at chest height. Decent chest down and control, we look like a good position for a 4 on 3 attack, but Mackie's attempt to control it took the ball a good 10 yards back down the field allowing their defensive midfielder to come back in and get the ball. It was so so poor.

I don't hate the guy, I just know that he doesn't offer enough to the team. The view that he is doing more than Vernon is irrelevante, when neither of them are actually doing anything, and I don't know why this comment keeps on being raised, I haven't heard anyone waxing lyrical about Vernon's contribution this season.

Both would ideally be dropped, but then you look at the options behind them don't exactly set the heather alight...

Vernon alongside someone that Creates chances for each other will score goals proven last season. I honestly can't remember Vernon having any other supply than the one chance against Celtic and that was still outside the box chance.

There was one second half where he missed the ball completely 8 yards out from Mackie's cross.

Anyway, I reckon they're both gash and that we have our worst selection of players up front (to call them 'strikers' would be generous) since the D'jaffo, Mike, Hinds days. But in their defence we also have the least creative squad I've ever seen and absolutely zero leadership.

Next two weeks' transfer activity will be pivotal to our season's hopes. If we don't improve the forward areas, we're donald ducked.

Doing more than Vernon at the moment.

So wrap up

:thumbup1:

Aye, last I saw he was tackling vernon, blocking his shots and jumper for the same headers. great.

Thing is Vernon is a poacher. given delivery into the box he knows where and when to time his runs and how to find the net. We are currently not providing that service.

Mackie running around when we have no possession proves nothing and adds so little to the team its not true. Watch what he does when we have possession and judge that - going on the St Mirren game he was one of the worst players on the park in a poor performance.

Of course the problem is we have lost the best creator of goals in the team - Maguire. He is really missed and Vernon had the brains to make the correct runs etc and read maguire's delivery.

Of course the problem is we have lost the best creator of goals in the team - Maguire.

This is our real problem. We lost our best player, who was head and shoulders above the others, for very little in the grand scheme of things, and there's no way we can buy a player like Maguire for that money.

He made the team work. I said so numerous times in the Maguire threads, his link up play was excellent, and he took the ball into the final third and created the danger, which Vernon was often on hand to finish.

Yet Vernon took most of the credit in some eyes, whilst Maguire was met with dogs abuse from the cretinous element of our support.

Total WUM thread.

Vernon has proved he will get goals moree recently than Mackie has & mackie has had much more opertunity over the past decade & only (nearly) scored as much as Vernon onced in that time :dontknow:

Yes Vernon has been pish but not had decent players with him to help (look who's trying to help him & you will find the main problem) Vernon should stay in the team & if anyone should be binned it's Mackie & that's plain for 'most' to see.

Worst thing about this thread is it is the most blatant fishing attempt I have seen on here but does bring up some valid question but not from the op. Was getting rid of maguire a mistake or was the big mistake not replacing him and aluko? I think it is probably the latter more than the former.

I don't hate Mackie, it's not his fault he gets picked for the team every week! He's just playing to the best of his ability when he gets the chance, which seems to be always. I don't think he should be given the chances he gets in the team, but i'm not going to hate Mackie for that! It's not as if he's an excellent player that has suddenly become sh*t.

No way we'd be able to replace Aluko and Maguire with the

Mackie set up Vernon against celtic for a tap in and Vernon couldn't even get a touch to the ball he's so slow at reacting.

I don't think once incidental example exaclty makes a case to say Mackie is a provide or is better than Vernon. A bit weak is it not?

Vernon was probably so completely surprised Mackie got a ball to him that he failed to react.

Vernon is a better penatly box player than Mackie and we miss Maguire. Simple as that.

Mackie cannot and will never be as good a poacher as Vernon OR able to provide anything like the quality of balls Maguire did.

Worst thing about this thread is it is the most blatant fishing attempt I have seen on here but does bring up some valid question but not from the op. Was getting rid of maguire a mistake or was the big mistake not replacing him and aluko? I think it is probably the latter more than the former.

Well its pretty obvious that its both losing AND not replacing thats the issue? Surely thats only logical.

Only a fool would suggest losing Maguire wasn't a problem but being unable to replace him IS a problem?

Well its pretty obvious that its both losing AND not replacing thats the issue? Surely thats only logical.

Only a fool would suggest losing Maguire wasn't a problem but being unable to replace him IS a problem?

My point is more would we miss maguire if we had signed a decent player. As in was he so good he was irreplaceable at his wage? Like Messi would be but on a much much much much much much much much smaller scale.

Tup. Messi is a very good player in case you were wondering.

My point is more would we miss maguire if we had signed a decent player. As in was he so good he was irreplaceable at his wage? Like Messi would be but on a much much much much much much much much smaller scale.

Tup. Messi is a very good player in case you were wondering.

Nah he's certainly not irreplaceable and i'm sure you'll agree with that. If we get good players in on both wings we will see Vernon start scoring, i'm sure of it.

It just happens Maguire provided lots of really good balls into the box. He had failings but the delivery he provided was essential last year and until we replace him we'll continue to struggle an Vernon will continue to miss that sort of delivery.