Mrs Bluto

The Boofon

No such thing as dyslexia, you're just not paying enough attention, probably had too much Angel Delight and NERDS as a youngster, and you're paying the price at school age, it's just made up by doctors to provide useless mothers with excuses for their poor parenting skills.

I have some sympathy with the point of view that there is no such thing as dyslexia.

is dyslexia real?

just because some use it as an excuse for their spawn being fik that doesnt mean it isnt a real problem.

I come from a long line of dyslexics. My Da's spelling and reading is pretty f**king atrocious, doesnt stop him from being a senior engineer for a large multi national, he just taught himself how to deal with it and passed those tricks onto me and my sis, we both have forms of it as well. I'm not too bad, B & D, M & W, and certain words get jumbled but you just learn to read differently and take your time when its something important you're reading. My sisters is really bad, she uses those colour shields for reading and on the pc and she says they work a charm for her.

just because some use it as an excuse for their spawn being fik that doesnt mean it isnt a real problem.

I come from a long line of dyslexics. My Da's spelling and reading is pretty f**king atrocious, doesnt stop him from being a senior engineer for a large multi national, he just taught himself how to deal with it and passed those tricks onto me and my sis, we both have forms of it as well. I'm not too bad, B & D, M & W, and certain words get jumbled but you just learn to read differently and take your time when its something important you're reading. My sisters is really bad, she uses those colour shields for reading and on the pc and she says they work a charm for her.

Yeah my cousin has it too, she used to be really bad with it but seems to have gradually improved but still not great.

Obviously some people have some difficulty reading, I don't for one second think it's an excuse for being thick. However, people (myself included obviously) have things they're not good at. Some people are poor at sports and hand to eye coordination, some are poor at painting, some at using there hands and DIY, some at maths, some at reading. That's my take on it, there doesn't need to be an 'ailment' associated with it. At the same time, most people have things they are good at, it's just a mix. Few excel at everything and most probably have areas of difficulty.

Obviously some people have some difficulty reading, I don't for one second think it's an excuse for being thick. However, people (myself included obviously) have things they're not good at. Some people are poor at sports and hand to eye coordination, some are poor at painting, some at using there hands and DIY, some at maths, some at reading. That's my take on it, there doesn't need to be an 'ailment' associated with it. At the same time, most people have things they are good at, it's just a mix. Few excel at everything and most probably have areas of difficulty.

Jesus....you've just pointed out everything i'm sh*t at.

I'm terrible with numbers.

I'm not innumerate, I just see a big old equation type thing on the blackboard, with like parentheses all over the place, and squiggles and alien symbols, interspersed with numbers and letters... LETTERS, ladies and gentlemen, in a f**king maths equation ... and I look at the blackboard and I laugh and I go, "f**k that. Seriously, take it and f**k it."

No interest in that kind of thing. I've plenty respect and derision (in equal measure) for those people who can look at that sort of thing on a blackboard and NOT start laughing, but Kelt and numbers?

I don't have that kind of brain.

Dyslexic = Thick

That's where I go for all my DIY and weekly shop requirements

when i clicked the link i started reading but scrolled down and thought the pic they had put up was this 28 pint a day bird...

article-2026017-0BB529EF00000578-590_233x370.jpg

then realised it was just saying women shouldnt consume more than 84 units a day.

f**k me, for a brief second i was re-evaluating my stance in life