The Day I Lost Faith

Following on from the Considine post.....Brian Irvine was one of those players that, although not blessed with the greatest footballing talent, always gave 100% on the field.

I remember him taking the 9th or 10th penalty against Celtic in the Scottish Cup in 1990....when the ball hit the back of the net the boy was on cloud nine...A true Aberdeen Great in every sense of the word.....

What's that pal....you,ve got MS.....no problem we'll give you a coaching job or at least make sure you're ok.....Not bloody likley....We'll f**k you off to Dundee.............

Gents this was the day I lost faith..........Brian went on to play for Dundee and Ross County for a further 7 years........A 100 percenter....treated very badly by a club he had served for 12 years.......Who was in charge.........oh yes.......the daft looking boy in the wig..........So what's changed?...The wigs gone....but the ruthless c**t who wore the wig is still calling the shots....AFC deserve better...much better....and so did Brian

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Following on from the Considine post.....Brian Irvine was one of those players that, although not blessed with the greatest footballing talent, always gave 100% on the field.

I remember him taking the 9th or 10th penalty against Celtic in the Scottish Cup in 1990....when the ball hit the back of the net the boy was on cloud nine...A true Aberdeen Great in every sense of the word.....

What's that pal....you,ve got MS.....no problem we'll give you a coaching job or at least make sure you're ok.....Not bloody likley....We'll f**k you off to Dundee.............

Gents this was the day I lost faith..........Brian went on to play for Dundee and Ross County for a further 7 years........A 100 percenter....treated very badly by a club he had served for 12 years.......Who was in charge.........oh yes.......the daft looking boy in the wig..........So what's changed?...The wigs gone....but the ruthless c**t who wore the wig is still calling the shots....AFC deserve better...much better....and so did Brian

this is one of the best posts that has been on here in a long time, Milne is scum and if nothing is done a.s.a.p about this cretton our once great club is finished, dont ask me what to do as ant suggestion to get people out of our club posted on here is just answered with a load of abuse.

So the fact our club was 90 minutes away from relegation away to Hearts in '95 wasn't the day you lost faith in the Dons? That's when i started to realise things would never be the same again and then the bosman ruling and the amount of money spunked on folk like Kiriakov, O'Neil etc just tipped it over the edge.

To be fair to Brian though maybe it was a blessing for him departing the club as ok with the exception of that dreadful campaign he never had to suffer the indignity of being part of the other shocking results that came along later on.

So the fact our club was 90 minutes away from relegation away to Hearts in '95 wasn't the day you lost faith in the Dons? That's when i started to realise things would never be the same again and then the bosman ruling and the amount of money spunked on folk like Kiriakov, O'Neil etc just tipped it over the edge.

To be fair to Brian though maybe it was a blessing for him departing the club as ok with the exception of that dreadful campaign he never had to suffer the indignity of being part of the other shocking results that came along later on.

There are quite a few moments of faith in the club being tested...........but no I stand my original post....Irvine was very badly treated by the club from a human point of view.

12 years with the club and being given a bombshell diagnosis like that..............I would have thought AFC would have stood by him...but no..........the fact that he went on to play at a reasonable level for 7 years shows that Milne got that wrong as well.

Have to agree OJ. It wasn't one specific day but a culmination of things. It happened in the mid - late 90s though.

Have to agree OJ. It wasn't one specific day but a culmination of things. It happened in the mid - late 90s though.

Milne is also a major shareholder and chairman of Aberdeen F.C., a position he has held since 1998. He joined the board of directors in 1994 to replace the late Dick Donald.

Coincidence?

It isn't gonna get any better soon. I see nobody willing to take over from Milne. Until there is it is an academic debate as to whether Milne is to blame....

I can't really see how he isn't to blame....we can blame Managers all we like but Milne appoints them.

I can't see any way out either....any punter looking to take over is, after all, going to have to deal with Milne...who can sell

There are quite a few moments of faith in the club being tested...........but no I stand my original post....Irvine was very badly treated by the club from a human point of view.

12 years with the club and being given a bombshell diagnosis like that..............I would have thought AFC would have stood by him...but no..........the fact that he went on to play at a reasonable level for 7 years shows that Milne got that wrong as well.

I think you're rewriting history here. You'll get no arguments from me about Milne being a c**t.. he is, but to suggest he had anything to do with Brian Irvine leaving, or to suggest that the decision was anything to do with his MS is just bogus. He played for nearly 2 years for us after his diagnosis, back in the team 4 months after it was first made public. I remember his comeback game, against Killie at Pittodrie, came on as a second half sub, his first touch and the lights went out, game postponed.

It was 97 he left, and entirely because Alex Miller though Mark f**king Perry was a better option.

I think you're rewriting history here. You'll get no arguments from me about Milne being a c**t.. he is, but to suggest he had anything to do with Brian Irvine leaving, or to suggest that the decision was anything to do with his MS is just bogus. He played for nearly 2 years for us after his diagnosis, back in the team 4 months after it was first made public. I remember his comeback game, against Killie at Pittodrie, came on as a second half sub, his first touch and the lights went out, game postponed.

It was 97 he left, and entirely because Alex Miller though Mark f**king Perry was a better option.

Would disagree completly......yes he did make some sub apearances after the diagnosis but he was never a first team player after it became public....I still think he should have been given the chance to carry on at the club at some level which I'm sure given the chance he would have.........and yes regardless..........Milne is a c**t!!

Would disagree completly......yes he did make some sub apearances after the diagnosis but he was never a first team player after it became public....I still think he should have been given the chance to carry on at the club at some level which I'm sure given the chance he would have.........and yes regardless..........Milne is a c**t!!

51 starting appearances in a year and half after his return would suggest he was a first team player. I'd have loved to have seen him stay, or return to the dons, but it was a football decision, and he wasn't treated badly because of his illness. He was treated badly cos we had a c**t of a manager at the time...

When we got gubbed 3-0 at home by Motherwell a few seasons ago...I thought to myself...f**k.

Which time? been pumped off them a few times recently. Worst one for me was Paterson era, i think Steven Craig scored for them too that day, absolutely dreadful performance topped off by Englebert Humperdinck singing Please Release Me over the tannoy at the end.

51 starting appearances in a year and half after his return would suggest he was a first team player. I'd have loved to have seen him stay, or return to the dons, but it was a football decision, and he wasn't treated badly because of his illness. He was treated badly cos we had a c**t of a manager at the time...

Fair call.........my hatered of that wig wearing c**t of a f**king tw*t may have muddied my memory of events............but one thing to come out of this is............MILNE IS A c**t!!!!

Probably the day Calderwood and Miller started their unrealistic bollocks after w'd been papped out by Dunfermline and Queen of The South.

Sure there had been some amount of incompetence between about '91 and then, but I've never looked at AFC in the same way since the decision makers at our club started criticising fans for not accepting absolute pish.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Probably the day Calderwood and Miller started their unrealistic bollocks after w'd been papped out by Dunfermline and Queen of The South.

Sure there had been some amount of incompetence between about '91 and then, but I've never looked at AFC in the same way since the decision makers at our club started criticising fans for not accepting absolute pish.

Surely the 'unrealistic bollocks' had been spouted long before those games though? Without a doubt hearing them say that was a f**king joke but nothing i hadn't heard before tbh.