James Dayton Killie

Remember some of the Killie guys raving about him before he got seriously injured, guy looked excellent v Hibs, a real whippersnapper of a winger, from Bishops Stortford ! N.b Harkins played well as well pulling the strings . Is it just luck Killie picked him up ?

Yes - the real bargains only come available end of August.

Yes - the real bargains only come available end of August.

:rolleyes:

So glad we've waited now & put all our hopes on this happening then.

Didn't need all those points that should have been available to us in the first 4 (or maybe 6) games of the season anyway eh? It's a long season so plenty time to claw it back with the depth of squad we will have once the window shuts.

& the fans continue to wash their hands off the club

Remember some of the Killie guys raving about him before he got seriously injured, guy looked excellent v Hibs, a real whippersnapper of a winger, from Bishops Stortford ! N.b Harkins played well as well pulling the strings . Is it just luck Killie picked him up ?

Harkins is the key.

I've no idea why the Dons did not try and sign him.

Might be seen as a bit of luck, boy was looking to play part time football before he got invited to Spain by Glen Hoddle and then Killie picked him up in August last year.

Given he had only played about 8 games by the age of 21 odd I can just imagine the reaction had we tried to sign him last August.

Might be seen as a bit of luck, boy was looking to play part time football before he got invited to Spain by Glen Hoddle and then Killie picked him up in August last year.

Given he had only played about 8 games by the age of 21 odd I can just imagine the reaction had we tried to sign him last August.

aye and that would soon have been quelled once people saw him play

Why is it that Aberdeen never have this type of luck? Sides like Motherwell and Kilmarnock seem to be regular beneficiaries of this type of "bit of luck..."

There is a school of thought which believes that you make your own luck.

To be honest, think the fans are beyond that point by now.... over the years we've seen all manner of jokers welcomed through the door, on short terms deals or for trials. At one point it was like Scotty Calderwood had given carte blanche to any of his pals, from down the pub in Holland, to come over to Aberdeen for a trial.

We've just taken a striker on trial who, according to his wikipedia site, has never scored a goal for any of his three club sides. Meanwhile, we are yet to score this season ourselves.... you couldn't make it up!!! However, I haven't noticed too many lads openly complaining.... on that basis, I honestly don't think many would have too much problem if we were linked with a young lad who'd only played a handful of senior matches.

Why is it that Aberdeen never have this type of luck? Sides like Motherwell and Kilmarnock seem to be regular beneficiaries of this type of "bit of luck..."

How f**king hard is it to be a scout anyway ? Go to some games of teams you think you might be able to afford some players, watch some videos, do a bit of schmoozing... Can't be that hard can it ? Certainly be better than watching Aberdeen every week at the moment... Go and watch a bundle of Scottish and English Divison 1 games, find some targets, and report...

Dont know the guys history so this might be total and utter sh*te but I'm going to write it anyway

If he came directly from Hoddle's fitba school then it isnt luck but good investment and scouting from Killie. Hoddle's school is looking to get its main income from transfer fees and future transfer fees so if he came direct that means someone from Killie went to Spain, struck up a deal with Hoddle for him either with a small up front payment and a large chunk of future or just paid the 50-150K the school wants per player.

Why is it that on here, people see a player once and start spunking their load over them :spunk: :spunk: ? Just like everyone was about Hasselbank.

Two pals of mine at Dundee said Harkins was really poor and dissapointing last year, now he is a world beater based on one game !!

Give them the full season and then hand out the plaudits

There's also a saying "What goes around comes around"

All the years of baiting the people of Dundee and Glasgow for being minks and bin rakers may be coming back to haunt us.....as it looks like Broon is being asked to go bin raking thru any punter with a pair of football boots and willing to move north!!....Sad times...but totally of our own making

Why is it that on here, people see a player once and start spunking their load over them :spunk: :spunk: ? Just like everyone was about Hasselbank.

Two pals of mine at Dundee said Harkins was really poor and dissapointing last year, now he is a world beater based on one game !!

Give them the full season and then hand out the plaudits

Team was on the wain his record at Dundee suggests he has something Dayton started the season really well last year prior to injury, did you watch the Hibs game ?

Team was on the wain his record at Dundee suggests he has something Dayton started the season really well last year prior to injury, did you watch the Hibs game ?

Not just at Dundee, equally impressive record at Partick.

I hate the phrase, but it was a 'no-brainer'.

Its one game !!

Its nearly as bizarre as somewhere I read that Hasselbank will be snapped up by the old firm after his game against us !! :beer:

Its one game !!

Its nearly as bizarre as somewhere I read that Hasselbank will be snapped up by the old firm after his game against us !! :beer:

Certainly wouldn't be bizzare if they wanted to sign him after scoring against them, cause as we know that has happened through their history.