Big Fire

daytripping

Not happy, was forced to use a search engine to find ooot the scoop.

Shape up guys or ship out.

Old factory off George street is ablaze, used to be a cotton mill i think, not sure, thought it was getting turned into an urban village.

Aye - quite handy for them going up in flames!!

Bit like stoneywood social club which was going to cost 20k to demolish...............

I hope you are not insinuating that all large scale fires of derelict buildings are arson on behalf of tight fisted owners who refuse to bear the cost of clearing the area in the correct manner?

I find such accusations shocking. No chance. I've never seen this happen before.

I hope you are not insinuating that all large scale fires of derelict buildings are arson on behalf of tight fisted owners who refuse to bear the cost of clearing the area in the correct manner?

I find such accusations shocking. No chance. I've never seen this happen before.

Quite right tup. Its just like thon WTC 7 building in New York. Just because it wasn't actually hit by any plane, and just because its owner had a new insurance deal with the ink still wet, it doesn't mean buildings can't just fall doon.

Me! I would never dream of making such accusations :)

I Just know that one minute a building was going to cost 20k to demolish and the next minute it had been set of fire by some kids (incidently another deralict building owned by dandara went of fire that night, bankhead academy)

Sure it was just coincadince

Me! I would never dream of making such accusations :)

I Just know that one minute a building was going to cost 20k to demolish and the next minute it had been set of fire by some kids (incidently another deralict building owned by dandara went of fire that night, bankhead academy)

Does he nae play cinter half for us? Have you telt the polis?

riot.

burn aberdeen burn!!

''Tightbreeks, i am detaining you under section 14 of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995, becuase i suspect you of committing or having have committed an offence punishable by imprisonment, namely, incitement to commit riot, disorder and fire-raising.

The reasons for my suspicions are a forum entry posted by the member known as ''Tightbreeks'' on thw website www.afc-chat.co.uk, with

the timestamp = 1313498036 and post number = 607045.

You will be detained to enable further investigations to be carried out regarding the offence and/or as to whether or not you should be reported. You will be taken to a police station where you will be informed of your further rights in respect of detention.

You have the right to have intimation of your detention sent to a solicitor.''

- Grampian Police Sergeant Upon Detaining Aberdeen Man for Incitement to Commit Disorder In Aberdeen City Centre

i'm not aware of dandara having ever owned bankhead academy and it's naive in the extreme to think that a major property developer like that would ever risk being implicated in the criminality to which you refer.

i'm not aware of dandara having ever owned bankhead academy and it's naive in the extreme to think that a major property developer like that would ever risk being implicated in the criminality to which you refer.

Which is why the kids get to do the actual fireraising, arm's length transaction.

Interesting strategy if a random fire was to be started today, picking a day when the kids go back to school...

Aye and the type of kids who start fires will have their freshly pressed sweaters, new breeks, shiny new shoes and bulging schoolbags, getting a lift to school in a

• 10 months later...

Perhaps the most obvious blaze in history in bucksy just now,

Big fire at the old school, only surprise is that its taken so long. Shambles that it has been left like that for so long!

Long story but I had an accident with some liquid nitrogen there years ago, every time I passed the building it sent a right shiver doon my spine !!!!

We have time to listen :)

Do not laugh but when I was a lad the company I worked for were doing some work on the heating system and I was up in the roofspace above the assembly hall (I think) anyway we had some LN to freeze the system at one point so we could make a live cut into the exsisting system.

We had the kit all set up and my gaffer decided to go for a dump or something and was away ages, so me getting bored started to drop items into a big bucket we were catching the overspill of the LN and then me being young and daft stuck my head over said bucket and my brain nearly froze. I cannot remember if I had inhaled or it was just my brain saying wise up WTF are you doing but anyway my gaffer could have returned to a cryogenically frozen teenager