Back To School With Afc

With the schools back today do you not think most parents will already have bought schoolbags and pencil cases or did they fire them out to school today wondering what was missing.

Week too late

EDIT: It looks half decent merchandise though I'll give them that it's just advertised too late.

f**kwits from top to bottom. :suicide:

:hysterical:

Canna wait to see the Christmas merchandise next January.

Is f**ktardedness a prerequisite to working at Pittodrie?

I'm just imagining the interview process for a job with the Dandies.

"Just going to ask you a few routine questions so we can get a feel for the kind of candidate you are."

"Fire away."

"When is the best time to release Back To School merchandise?"

"After the kids are back to school?"

"Good answer. Next question. When is the best time to fire a manager and his backroom team?"

"Right after you've given them a lucrative three year deal?"

"Nicely played. The fans are the lifeblood of any club... this is why it's essential we treat them like....?"

"sh*te?"

"...Can you see the answers on this card or something? That's exactly what I have written here."

And etc...

Aberdeen Football Club: You Don't Have To Be A f**kwit To Work Here But It... Wait... What Am I Talking About? Yes, Yes You DO Have To Be A f**kwit To Work Here.

that IS f**king retarded

Yep comedy gold from AFC. Unless of course they are broadening their horizons and are targeting English School kids who remain on holiday.

Somehow I doubt it.

You couldn't make stuff like this up.

People would think you were mad.

I see the site is also advertising FIFA Manager 10. As I'm not a gamer is this the latest edition i.e. the 10th one or are they a year out with that as well and there is already a FIFA Manager 11 on the go for 2011?

Isn't this sort of merchandise outwith AFC's control?

I'd imagine the supplier is based down south and makes this sort of stuff for loads of teams. Given English schools don't go back until next month, I doubt the supplier would go the extra mile to make sure their merchandise was ready for a few Scottish clubs just because they go back to school earlier.

People seem very keen to criticise AFC at every slight opportunity - who's to say this is their fault?

Isn't this sort of merchandise outwith AFC's control?

I'd imagine the supplier is based down south and makes this sort of stuff for loads of teams. Given English schools don't go back until next month, I doubt the supplier would go the extra mile to make sure their merchandise was ready for a few Scottish clubs just because they go back to school earlier.

People seem very keen to criticise AFC at every slight opportunity - who's to say this is their fault?

Because it is AFC's fault.

If I order two tickets to see Motorhead, because I've suffered horrific brain damage or because I work for AFC and as such am a bona fide f**ktard, and they aren't going to arrive until after the concert then I cancel them or go to a supplier who can get them shipped to me before they become essentially worthless.

If I don't cancel them or go to a supplier who can ship them to me before they become essentially worthless then that's my own fault.

Because it is AFC's fault.

If I order two tickets to see Motorhead, because I've suffered horrific brain damage or because I work for AFC and as such am a bona fide f**ktard, and they aren't going to arrive until after the concert then I cancel them or go to a supplier who can get them shipped to me before they become essentially worthless.

If I don't cancel them or go to a supplier who can ship them to me before they become essentially worthless then that's my own fault.

So you suggest that just because the 10 items in the "Back to School" range are a bit late that AFC should cancel the deal with the supplier? The same supplier who provides them with all the merchandise bar the adidas stuff?

There's probably only one or two suppliers for stuff like this available to football clubs. Bit of an overreaction on here just because the school stuff wasn't available on time.

So you suggest that just because the 10 items in the "Back to School" range are a bit late that AFC should cancel the deal with the supplier? The same supplier who provides them with all the merchandise bar the adidas stuff?

I'm suggesting that the order for the 'Back to School' range should have been cancelled and sourced elsewhere, yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.

And I would imagine that there's a damn sight more than one or two sources available for personalised merchandise. One or two hundred would seem more likely.

Edit, f**k it... if that particular supplier couldn't be arsed to get my order to me on time then I'd cancel the entire order and get it elsewhere. Most suppliers would get their thumb out of their arse and get the order to you on time.

There's probably only one or two suppliers for stuff like this available to football clubs. Bit of an overreaction on here just because the school stuff wasn't available on time.

It's an embarrassment. A total and utter embarrassment.

I'd have been chuffed to f**king bits to have went away back to school with an Aberdeen bag and pencil case as a bairn. Instead they'll be away off with Peppa Pig or Dora the Explorer stuff.

Who in their right mind would now go out and buy another schoolbag after school has went back after a day apart from the poor lone lad who maybe had to go to school today with all his stuff in a carrier bad from Lidl as his mum and dad were waiting for Dons stuff to come on sale.

The horse has bolted and trying to shift "Back to school" stuff after kids are back at school is ludicrous in the extreme.

They could easily have had this advertised and had them available a couple of weeks ago and to try and excuse it is not washing with me.

Seriously what the f**k are they thinking at AFC?

Mental. Not an over reaction at all.

Have a think for a minute just how f**king stupid this makes AFC look.

It's prepostorous. So is the way I've spelt prepostorous.

The fact it's not the Adidas range makes it even worse. At least if it was Adidas they could pass the buck onto Adidas and say the stuff wasn't ready due to the timing of the change from Nike to Adidas.

Utterly useless.

I'd have been chuffed to f**king bits to have went away back to school with an Aberdeen bag and pencil case as a bairn. Instead they'll be away off with Peppa Pig or Dora the Explorer stuff.

Or, more likely, Celtic or Rangers.

They planned a big show of unveiling this stationery at Christmas, heralding a new era in Adidas sharpeners, pencils and erasers, after the Nike stationery was shifted at cut price, but obviously the design of the things was leaked online, and the club were hostage to counterfeit so they brought it out now.

I'll be getting some anyway, you canna beat writing something down with a Dons pencil, makes the heart swell, equally rubbing out with the Dons eraser is just stationery utopia from my point of view, red pens too, I refuse to use blue ones on religious grounds.

I bought the last of the AFC invisible ink just after Gary Macdonald was free'd, and obviously there are slow moving things like the Stewart Milne abacci, which take ages just to tally up a few pence, but save you money, although obviously they waste your time and piss you off, which he was happy to endorse fully.

Ross, do you work for afc as your thought process is hopeless

How is my thought process hopeless exactly? Kelt is suggesting that because just a few items were late from the supplier, that the whole deal should be cancelled just a month or so into it. That would mean finding another supplier and wasting a sh*t load of money in the process. Just because some "back to school" items were late. And you say my thought process is hopeless...

I'm suggesting that the order for the 'Back to School' range should have been cancelled and sourced elsewhere, yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.

And I would imagine that there's a damn sight more than one or two sources available for personalised merchandise. One or two hundred would seem more likely.

Edit, f**k it... if that particular supplier couldn't be arsed to get my order to me on time then I'd cancel the entire order and get it elsewhere. Most suppliers would get their thumb out of their arse and get the order to you on time.

Maybe there was a problem at the supplier's factory? Or maybe getting school stuff on time wasn't AFC's priority when looking for a new merchandise supplier over the summer.

9-0 league defeats and semi final defeats to lower league opposition are "utter embarrassments". Having a few items from the school range become available on the day the kids actually go back to school, is not.

How is my thought process hopeless exactly? Kelt is suggesting that because just a few items were late from the supplier, that the whole deal should be cancelled just a month or so into it. That would mean finding another supplier and wasting a sh*t load of money in the process. Just because some "back to school" items were late. And you say my thought process is hopeless...

Few things, maybe you can help me out, because I'm having a couple of problems understanding your thought processes inna.

First, why is cancelling items going to cost a shitload of money? If a supplier can't supply something by the needed date then cancelling it shouldn't cost anything, should it? I mean, I'm not Mr Retail, but I was under the impression that if you don't receive a service or a product then you don't pay for it. And with the money you don't spend you can take that money and go to another, more reputable supplier, and have them do the work for you. Finding another supplier can't be that difficult... there must be hundreds of companies around who can personalise tat for the club, so I don't see that as being an issue. So where does the shitload of money get wasted?

Second, why do you suppose that it doesn't really matter that you order something for a specific season but it doesn't arrive until that season is done. "A little late" is a pretty mild way of saying "missing a costly deadline". How many Christmas trees do you think you would sell if you took consignment of them in January... just a little late?

If you order 'Back to School' merchandise, and you don't take delivery of them until after all the kids are back to school, you reckon that's a worthwhile use of limited resources?

If so then I have some tickets I'd like to sell you... Front row Beatles tickets for a gig in 1971. Just a little late, but still, eh?

Few things, maybe you can help me out, because I'm having a couple of problems understanding your thought processes inna.

First, why is cancelling items going to cost a shitload of money? If a supplier can't supply something by the needed date then cancelling it shouldn't cost anything, should it? I mean, I'm not Mr Retail, but I was under the impression that if you don't receive a service or a product then you don't pay for it. And with the money you don't spend you can take that money and go to another, more reputable supplier, and have them do the work for you. Finding another supplier can't be that difficult... there must be hundreds of companies around who can personalise tat for the club, so I don't see that as being an issue. So where does the shitload of money get wasted?

Second, why do you suppose that it doesn't really matter that you order something for a specific season but it doesn't arrive until that season is done. "A little late" is a pretty mild way of saying "missing a costly deadline". How many Christmas trees do you think you would sell if you took consignment of them in January... just a little late?

If you order 'Back to School' merchandise, and you don't take delivery of them until after all the kids are back to school, you reckon that's a worthwhile use of limited resources?

If so then I have some tickets I'd like to sell you... Front row Beatles tickets for a gig in 1971. Just a little late, but still, eh?

The main point I'm trying to make here is that people shouldn't be so quick to lambast AFC over what is quite a small matter. People are using it merely to find another way of putting the club down.

Fair enough, we may not lose sh*t loads of money like I previously stated when I come to think of it, but would it not be a big waste of time in the grand scheme of things?

When you actually look at the 10 items in the section, 5 of them were already available under a different category: the gym bag, the two wallets, the water bottle and the Tiro adidas team bag.

The items which have been added are: the lunchbag, the stationery set, the bootbag, the backpack and the stickers. A bootbag and stickers wouldn't really be considered as items needed for going back to school, and a stationery set is useful at any time during the school term, because you're going to lose a ruler or a pencil and your rubber is likely to run out.

So out of the 10 items available in the "back to school" section, only two items (backpack and lunchbag) would have likely been bought by parents prior to school starting.

Taking that into account, you would cancel a deal with a supplier who supplies us with hats, scarves, golf wear, formal clothes, watches, gloves, mugs, footballs, badges, keyrings, car accessories etc; because TWO items were a little bit late?

And by the way, if your child really wants an AFC backpack and/or lunchbag, but already has one that isn't an AFC one, then

The main point I'm trying to make here is that people shouldn't be so quick to lambast AFC over what is quite a small matter. People are using it merely to find another way of putting the club down.

Fair enough, we may not lose sh*t loads of money like I previously stated when I come to think of it, but would it not be a big waste of time in the grand scheme of things?

Not if that's your job.

When you actually look at the 10 items in the section, 5 of them were already available under a different category: the gym bag, the two wallets, the water bottle and the Tiro adidas team bag.

The items which have been added are: the lunchbag, the stationery set, the bootbag, the backpack and the stickers. A bootbag and stickers wouldn't really be considered as items needed for going back to school, and a stationery set is useful at any time during the school term, because you're going to lose a ruler or a pencil and your rubber is likely to run out.

So out of the 10 items available in the "back to school" section, only two items (backpack and lunchbag) would have likely been bought by parents prior to school starting.

Taking that into account, you would cancel a deal with a supplier who supplies us with hats, scarves, golf wear, formal clothes, watches, gloves, mugs, footballs, badges, keyrings, car accessories etc; because TWO items were a little bit late?

And by the way, if your child really wants an AFC backpack and/or lunchbag, but already has one that isn't an AFC one, then

Quite a lot of schools nowadays dont allow fitba logos or colours on schoolbags/stationery/gymn kit etc as they say it could cause trouble

I know for a fact that my daughters school wouldnt allow her to wear her AFC jacket (black with an AFC badge) in the depths of winter :nutter: and there were letters sent home to the kids stating that "football colours/logos were not permitted"

Quite a lot of schools nowadays dont allow fitba logos or colours on schoolbags/stationery/gymn kit etc as they say it could cause trouble

I know for a fact that my daughters school wouldnt allow her to wear her AFC jacket (black with an AFC badge) in the depths of winter :nutter: and there were letters sent home to the kids stating that "football colours/logos were not permitted"

Sounds like the schools have been infiltrated by ex AFC shop employees.

Schools in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire should ban all club colours except Aberdeen. :thumbs:

I've told a few lads I work with about this back to school debacle today and everyone of them has pissed themselves laughing.

We're a joke club.