Headphones

Ive been using these for about 3 years now:

http://www.amazon.co...13574101&sr=8-9

They are quite good, the sound quality is second to none for the price - comfortable as fu*ck as well, you barely notice they are in (had several problems when crossing the road)

Only issue is i have to replace them about once every 6 months - they get quite alot of punsishment from me which they weren't really built to stand up to. So if you treat your headphones delicately i doubt you'll be dissapointed with these. If you are bit of a roch yin then look for something a bit more sturdy if you don't like the thought of spending £10 every 6 months or so...

ive always wanted proper headphones, as in ones with the cups that go over ur ears, but i tried a pair once an they just look ridiculous as they stick away out

can you get proper ones, but sit flush against your head?

Did you not start a headphone thread at the start of the year?

Spamspamspam got ones identified for you if I recall. Think he's the DJ who knew what the hell he was talking about.

EDIT:

There you are. I see you didn't like them though.

Headphones

I know the ones im away to suggest are miles above what your looking to spend but I had a shot of my mates 'Beats by Dr Dre' the other day, he has the big 'uns that go over your heed as he's into DJ'ing and helps out every weekend, and I must say, i am seriously tempted to get a set, the best by a country mile in quality and the bass on them is superb.. only problem being it will be hard to find them for under

Well, my opinion is, no self respecting dj would wear anything bar poi2000's or a fat set of denons.

Anything else is just not cricket

furryboots you playing anyway?

Used to promote/DJ at a house night in London from 2005-2008, and played occasionally at house clubs in Edinburgh like Ultragroove and Solescience, but these days it's mainly my front room after too many beers! The Sony's served me well in my glory years though ;)

Used to promote/DJ at a house night in London from 2005-2008, and played occasionally at house clubs in Edinburgh like Ultragroove and Solescience, but these days it's mainly my front room after too many beers! The Sony's served me well in my glory years though ;)

So is that ministry of sound style djing and promoting or did you have a proper night down there? I used to do nights all round Aberdeen for years... Played Secret Sundayz a couple times for Giles in landan. I did nae bad in the netherregions for a couple of years but bust my back so had to can the cans. I blame the weight of the Denons on my napper, the crock though had his own theory which probably made more sense but I didnt believe him. He reckoned 8 hour sets while doing some columbian marching will crush discs after around 15 years ;) Feels like another life now, still miss it once in a blue moon, usually when I'm dying for my hole from something under 30 haha!

So do you get out and about much with it now? Been asked to come out of retirement for a night in the Forum in a couple of months time so there might be one more chance to catch the big bad one in action :thumbup1:

So is that ministry of sound style djing and promoting or did you have a proper night down there? I used to do nights all round Aberdeen for years... Played Secret Sundayz a couple times for Giles in landan. I did nae bad in the netherregions for a couple of years but bust my back so had to can the cans. I blame the weight of the Denons on my napper, the crock though had his own theory which probably made more sense but I didnt believe him. He reckoned 8 hour sets while doing some columbian marching will crush discs after around 15 years ;) Feels like another life now, still miss it once in a blue moon, usually when I'm dying for my hole from something under 30 haha!

So do you get out and about much with it now? Been asked to come out of retirement for a night in the Forum in a couple of months time so there might be one more chance to catch the big bad one in action :thumbup1:

Nah it was our own night, put it on in various spaces around London, usually 4 or 5 parties a year. Always free to get in, paid for it all out of our own pockets, just for the sheer love of music and partying. Highlight was an annual August bank holiday party on the Battersea Barge. Great times :)

Edit: Nice one re. Secretsundaze, still go now and again to their parties. Tempted to go to their 10th anniversary parties later this month, DJ Rolando on saturday and Moodymann on the sunday. Strong line-ups.

Nah it was our own night, put it on in various spaces around London, usually 4 or 5 parties a year. Always free to get in, paid for it all out of our own pockets, just for the sheer love of music and partying. Highlight was an annual August bank holiday party on the Battersea Barge. Great times :)

Edit: Nice one re. Secretsundaze, still go now and again to their parties. Tempted to go to their 10th anniversary parties later this month, DJ Rolando on saturday and Moodymann on the sunday. Strong line-ups.

Those are usually the best nights though. You turn up somewhere expecting a big night because the flyer has 3 huge dj's and it can be a let down. You turn up to a freebie in London or Berlin (those were my favourite freebie parties!) and its just a load of people in it for the shits and giggles. I played at one in Delft, full of proper cyber hippy types, freaky as f**k but an awesome laugh.

Warmed up for Rolando a few times. Last time was in snaffers actually. I played his track Jaguar with UR's transitions layered over the top and Detroit Grand Pubahs sandwiches coming through it, he was well impressed, great buzz!!!

Those are usually the best nights though. You turn up somewhere expecting a big night because the flyer has 3 huge dj's and it can be a let down. You turn up to a freebie in London or Berlin (those were my favourite freebie parties!) and its just a load of people in it for the shits and giggles. I played at one in Delft, full of proper cyber hippy types, freaky as f**k but an awesome laugh.

Warmed up for Rolando a few times. Last time was in snaffers actually. I played his track Jaguar with UR's transitions layered over the top and Detroit Grand Pubahs sandwiches coming through it, he was well impressed, great buzz!!!

That's some triple-decker! Good skills lad ;)