Shark Attack In Seychelles

Sonoftherock

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14552788

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16051419

What a way to go! Feel sorry for the lads wife.... a few days into their marriage and he's brown bread!

Seemingly, however, a french tourist was also killed on the same beach, just two weeks ago! It seems ridiculous that there were no warnings or patrols in operation! Out here we have helicopters regularly patroling the beaches, also all the busy beaches have lifeguards keeping watch from observation stations. If there has been a shark sighting, never mind an attack, it's usually headline news on local TV bulletins.

Incidentally, I had to laugh at this comment from the the Seychelles Tourism Board's director Alain St Ange.... apparently the latest attack was caused by a "foreign shark" ... bloody foreigners! Taking our jobs and eating our tourists!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14552788

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16051419

What a way to go! Feel sorry for the lads wife.... a few days into their marriage and he's brown bread!

Aye f**k that.

You'll know better than anyone being in Oz about shark attacks I guess.

Slim chances of it happening to you I guess but brutal if it does.

I remember going diving in Miami and bricking it even though there is was no shark attack risk. Or very minimum risk. Still a bit spooky swimming about not knowing what's lurking to try and gobble you up.

Aye f**k that.

You'll know better than anyone being in Oz about shark attacks I guess.

Slim chances of it happening to you I guess but brutal if it does.

I remember going diving in Miami and bricking it even though there is was no shark attack risk. Or very minimum risk. Still a bit spooky swimming about not knowing what's lurking to try and gobble you up.

Yeah, it really spoils my enjoyment of the beach over here. I'm never 100% relaxed, particularly when I'm swiming at Cottesloe or one of the other shark hotspot beaches.

I'm going on holiday to Margaret River and Gracetown in January - the beaches are apparently amazing down that way, but it's by far the worst place for shark attacks in WA. A lad was killed there a year ago almost to the day: http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/gracetown-surf-beaches-closed-after-shark-attack-kills-nicholas-edwards/story-e6frg12c-1225906820503

Apparently there have been 5 fatal attacks of our coast since 2000... statistically insignificant, but still enough to put the shits up you!

haha

im not getting at you here

but i hate stuff like that

its like when that idiot got eaten by a polar bear a while ago

they shouldnt have f**kin been there

what made me most mad about that story was seeing the poor bear shot dead

its only coming in this far because weve f**ked up its natural habitat

Yeah I agree with you to a certain extent... but what do you do? Stop folk from swimming at the beach?

Incidentally, Sharks are a protected species in Australia, however if a shark attacks or kills someone, then it'll be hunted down and killed.... sounds like the same thing over in the seychelles. What do you make of that Millertime?

what do i make of that?

it makes NO effing sense, unless i dont understand how animals work (which im sure i do, my Saint Francis link and all that)

sharks are a protected species (great) unless they kill someone

now, surely ANY shark that gets a chance is gonna bite someone to see what theyre like?

so if its ok to kill them then, then its ok to kill them full stop!

plus, how the fook can they be sure theyre killin the right one??

say all sharks are like people - ie some are dicks and some arent

it could mean a nice guy shark could be swimming about, doing his equivalent of us wanking, when a boat full of vengeful aussies come steaming in and harpoon him because they assume hes the dick that bit someone?!

loving that comparison

oh and I agree, if you swim in the water with beasties that have big sharp teeth and might take off your limbs then we really should be killing them when it happens.

Swim in water, don't be surprised if you get bitten / stung by whatever is living in there!

Wander / sleep in an area that is inhabited by Polar Bears, expect the bear to come have a nosy!

Open the gate to a Lions cage, expect to never have to worry about the above again!

I don't thin they should stop people doing any of the above, I just think if someone gets attacked....fair game! Don't go and kill the animal if it does!

exactly

was effing heartbreaking seeing the big bear lying there dead

who knows if it had wee cubs somewhere waiting for him/her to come back with food

so basically, humans stupidity and arrogance has lead to a bear and potentially baby bears dying

We are closing in on 7 BILLION humans, surely we can lose a few to bear attacks? The Polar Bears are dropping in numbers, so killing this one really isn't helping anyone.

KEEP. THE. f**k. AWAY. FROM. THEM!!

simple.

Swim in water, don't be surprised if you get bitten / stung by whatever is living in there!

Wander / sleep in an area that is inhabited by Polar Bears, expect the bear to come have a nosy!

Open the gate to a Lions cage, expect to never have to worry about the above again!

I don't thin they should stop people doing any of the above, I just think if someone gets attacked....fair game! Don't go and kill the animal if it does!

Yeah that's fair enough! I think in th Seychelles they're just shiting themselves that all this bad press might cause them to lose money.... by killing the shark, they probably think they can minimise potential damage and turn round this PR disaster!

However, the Australian attitude doesn't surprise me at all.... bludgeon anything to death that's stopping you from having fun!

Yeah that's fair enough! I think in th Seychelles they're just shiting themselves that all this bad press might cause them to lose money.... by killing the shark, they probably think they can minimise potential damage and turn round this PR disaster!

However, the Australian attitude doesn't surprise me at all.... bludgeon anything to death that's stopping you from having fun!

Then stick it on the Barbie!

Yeah, it really spoils my enjoyment of the beach over here. I'm never 100% relaxed, particularly when I'm swiming at Cottesloe or one of the other shark hotspot beaches.

I'm going on holiday to Margaret River and Gracetown in January - the beaches are apparently amazing down that way, but it's by far the worst place for shark attacks in WA. A lad was killed there a year ago almost to the day: http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/gracetown-surf-beaches-closed-after-shark-attack-kills-nicholas-edwards/story-e6frg12c-1225906820503

Apparently there have been 5 fatal attacks of our coast since 2000... statistically insignificant, but still enough to put the shits up you!

It is the jelly fish that will get you in the end!

How come its alright for us, humans, to trawl the seas, killing everything in our wake? and yet if a man dies by a shark / polar bear / other generic dangerous animal, it gets killed. Even dogs that bite get put down! When have we ever seen someone getting done for assault getting put down like a dog?

The stories you read about the fishermen that catch sharks for their fins, cut the fin off and dump the shark back in the sea makes me sick. Absolutely horrendous behaviour, they should be caught and had both arms and legs chopped off and lobbed into shark infested waters.

We are a hypocrital species.

How come its alright for us, humans, to trawl the seas, killing everything in our wake? and yet if a man dies by a shark / polar bear / other generic dangerous animal, it gets killed. Even dogs that bite get put down! When have we ever seen someone getting done for assault getting put down like a dog?

The stories you read about the fishermen that catch sharks for their fins, cut the fin off and dump the shark back in the sea makes me sick. Absolutely horrendous behaviour, they should be caught and had both arms and legs chopped off and lobbed into shark infested waters.

Is that you Morrissey?

spot on pal. i remember watching gordon ramsays programme where he was highlighting this happening for shark fin soup. utterly awful that in today's day and age such barbaric behaviour to such wonderful creatures (or any living creatures for that matter) was being conducted in many parts of the world. the clip where you saw a hammerhead being literrally stripped of all it's fins with what can only be described as a samurai sword, whilst alive then rolled back into the water was one of the most shocking things i've ever seen. if i remember right it was a chinese boat off costa rica.

spot on pal. i remember watching gordon ramsays programme where he was highlighting this happening for shark fin soup. utterly awful that in today's day and age such barbaric behaviour to such wonderful creatures (or any living creatures for that matter) was being conducted in many parts of the world. the clip where you saw a hammerhead being literrally stripped of all it's fins with what can only be described as a samurai sword, whilst alive then rolled back into the water was one of the most shocking things i've ever seen. if i remember right it was a chinese boat off costa rica.

Yeah the videos are shocking.

I've nothing against fishing, breeding animals for food etc etc. But when you see these sort of things it makes you wonder if we're still in the dark ages. Killing animals for handbags, herbal remedies that don't work or ornamental things makes me sick. You didn't see the Polar Bear wearing the snobs Rolex after mauling him in Norway, or skinning him alive to make a pair of shoes.

Note - I love meat, the food kind NOT the :gay: kind!

Yeah the videos are shocking.

I've nothing against fishing, breeding animals for food etc etc. But when you see these sort of things it makes you wonder if we're still in the dark ages. Killing animals for handbags, herbal remedies that don't work or ornamental things makes me sick. You didn't see the Polar Bear wearing the snobs Rolex after mauling him in Norway, or skinning him alive to make a pair of shoes.

Note - I love meat, the food kind NOT the :gay: kind!

That's coz the poor fecker got a double-tap tae the heid