Hma Vs. Nat Fraser - Round 2

Big Man

He's guilty as feck, boofon thinks he didn't do it though. :hysterical:

That's because he ain't allowed to criticise a brother, but that's irrelevant (see below) :hunbash:

Fraser has made a damn good fist of being innocent, and has almost got away with murder. Fair play to him for his cunning tenacity, and he has been inside for some time.

However he canna seem to make it over the final hurdle, innocent in the eyes of the law, and the tit-for-tat saga goes on.

Is he out now?

I think boofon is Nat Fraser dayts min, explaining his sympathy.

That's because he ain't allowed to criticise a brother, but that's irrelevant (see below) :hunbash:

Fraser has made a damn good fist of being innocent, and has almost got away with murder. Fair play to him for his cunning tenacity, and he has been inside for some time.

However he canna seem to make it over the final hurdle, innocent in the eyes of the law, and the tit-for-tat saga goes on.

Is he out now?

I wonder what odds you'd get at Ladbrokes for an each way bet on the admonishment of Fraser and Sheridan??

sumfin te dae eh?

Is he out now?

<->

Is he not still in prison having been refused bail when a retrial was allowed?

Or was he released later on?

Christ, sorry yes he is. Its late, gettin my facts mixed up.

Thanks monkey.

- He was granted bail during his initial appeal that's where i was gettin that thought from.

Is he out now?

First of all the title is wrong. It's round 3 nae round 2.

He has not almost got away with murder because he hasn't murdered anyone and he has had his conviction quashed. An innocent man in other words.

A man not guilty of murder still kept in prison despite no evidence to say he's a danger to public society is quite frankly ridiculous.

He should have been out as soon as that conviction was quashed.

Now I'm not saying his wife wasn't murdered but there is not a single shred of evidence to say that she was. Nothing. Not a trace. She's vanished. She may have been burned, buried or buggered off but without an actual body and witnesses saying they saw her getting murdered this case hasn't a hope in hell of being resolved.

How can you be convicted of murder without proof of that murder. The charges are wrong. Conspiracy to murder? Says who? There is no murder planned or otherwise.

He has absolutely no chance of a fair trial this time round either. Now I know he's no angel but this whole scenario is bordering on the absurd.

There is no body, no actual evidence of a murder yet they are pressing on for a third time to try and convict. I doubt they could find a jury who have no knowledge of this case. If they insist on a trial again they should try and make arrangements for this trial to be abroad where people have no knowledge of what has happened.

Either that or forget it. He's done a sh*t load of years in jail already. That's enough. A complete waste of taxpayers money dragging this up again and shame on Scotland's judicial system for allowing it to recommence.

I'm more interested in the banker from Nairn's death yet that seems to have been long forgotten about. I don't see any witch hunt for that guy's wife yet there is "circumstantial evidence" that points to her being involved in that guy's death.

Very drole indeed.

If he was a brother he wouldn't be facing another trial either. :sheepshag:

Explain that one to me?

Im counting murder charges here, im not counting his assault charge - that was an entirely separate scandal.

First case collapsed, second resulted in guilty verdict which was quashed, this is the third attempt at it.

Glad you agree with everything else I said though. :sherlock:

First case collapsed, second resulted in guilty verdict which was quashed, this is the third attempt at it.

Glad you agree with everything else I said though. :sherlock:

No, at the very first instance he was charged with attempted murder and assault. The crown case fell on its arse, they dropped the attempted murder part of the indictment and he pleaded guilty to the reduced charge of compressing the lassies neck to the danger of life. We couldn't in anyway call this a murder charge - and thererfore doesn't count as a round in my mind.

First murder trial resulted in a guilty verdict which was quashed.

This is the second attempt at a murder conviction.

I entirely agree with everything else you've said - i wish the boy every luck. Like i said, scandal.

No, at the very first instance he was charged with attempted murder and assault. The crown case fell on its arse, they dropped the attempted murder part of the indictment and he pleaded guilty to the reduced charge to compressing the lassies neck to the danger of life. We couldn't in anyway call this a murder charge - and thererfore doesn't count as a round in my mind.

First murder trial resulted in a guilty verdict which was quashed.

This is the second attempt at a murder conviction.

I entirely agree with everything else you've said - i wish the boy every luck. Like i said, scandal.

Ah so it was. My apologies for that.

He'll hopefully be found not guilty of murder. If they really want him they'll get him though. :ThumbsDown:

He has not almost got away with murder because he hasn't murdered anyone and he has had his conviction quashed. An innocent man in other words.

If he was a brother he wouldn't be facing another trial either. :sheepshag:

Well if he does get out I might recruit him and Hector Dick for a wee job I need doing so he can tell the judge that gainful employment awaits if he frees him.

The banker in Nairn was killed by a very well connected male from the area, not his wife.

Was it not that the first case collapsed, the second case found him guilty, his first appeal failed, the second or third one worked, now he's facing a retrial? Its been going on for years.

First case didn't collapse, he pleaded guilty to assault.

His first trial for murder found him guilty.

His first appeal against conviction was refused. The appeal process is complicated, but technically the one which went to the supreme court and was allowed is his 2nd appeal, and now he's facing a retrial.

The crown have been after him in some form or another since about late 1999 - so yeh a long time...

Well if he does get out I might recruit him and Hector Dick for a wee job I need doing so he can tell the judge that gainful employment awaits if he frees him.

The banker in Nairn was killed by a very well connected male from the area, not his wife.

Ahh another case which has always fascinated me.

Do you ken anything about this one tup?

:itch-chin:

Ahh another case which has always fascinated me.

Do you ken anything about this one tup?

:itch-chin:

I passed through Nairn that evening, and there were coppers with machine guns everywhere, but no sign of someone making a getaway.

Therefore a local is responsible in my opinion, probably a police officer actually.

He tried strangling her, he tried fecking about with the brakes on her car, she then goes missing a couple weeks later..........................and some here still say he's innocent. :dontknow:

It's not about guilt or innocence daytripping, the mans absolute guilt or innocence is an unknown.

Its about what can be proved in court beyond all reasonable doubt on the basis of the evidence put forward to the court. And the police incompetance and mishandling of the case, which later transpired.

First of all the title is wrong. It's round 3 nae round 2.

I was thinking more round 4.

1st trial, High court appeal, Supreme court appeal and now trial number 2.

She disappeared over 13 years ago now, should there not be a time limit on how long it is before you can't get prosecuted for something. Especially when you've been in jail for 8 years already? :itch-chin:

• 8 months later...

Is this a poll?

Before I decide could you briefly spell out the facts of the case?

A poll is not my forte.

Woman goes missing.

Assumed dead.

Husband charged with murder, found guilty but appealed and a re-trial was ordered.

Something's not right.

Read all about it in tomorrow's papers.

I'm sure tup's in the know about the case.

Ah, apologies, there's already a thread - maybe a mod could merge mine.

Or delete it.