Creative Sh*t

Big Man

Ive got into using Sony Vegas pro recently, and thought we could just have a general thread for discussing all manner of creative sh*t. Video making, photography, design etc... tips, advice, sharing ideas and sucesses - that kind of thing.

I'll kick it off. Ive' been trying to design an intro to put at the start of all my videos, this is a sample of what iv'e came up with so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QlJQ9PRHwg&feature=channel_video_title

Ive got into using Sony Vegas pro recently, and thought we could just have a general thread for discussing all manner of creative sh*t. Video making, photography, design etc... tips, advice, sharing ideas and sucesses - that kind of thing.

I'll kick it off. Ive' been trying to design an intro to put at the start of all my videos, this is a sample of what iv'e came up with so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QlJQ9PRHwg&feature=channel_video_title

Blocked for me due to work IT Nazis unfortunately Big Man.

My missus is a dab hand at artistic sh*t though. Very into painting, drawing and interior design. Wish I could say the same. It's a talent I'd love to have but the real Big Man upstairs blessed me with talents other than those of an artistic nature.

I literally have dozens of aborted projects on stuff like Sony Vegas and Poser and various other programs.

Have a few things up on Youtube, but that's maybe 1% of the sh*t that currently sits on my media drive, the vast majority of which will never be finished or see the light of day.

Hey, we all need a hobby, and wanking just tires you out in this heat.

Here's an older one that I was quite happy with, AND it's topical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKP1Em6VUuA

I literally have dozens of aborted projects on stuff like Sony Vegas and Poser and various other programs.

Have a few things up on Youtube, but that's maybe 1% of the sh*t that currently sits on my media drive, the vast majority of which will never be finished or see the light of day.

Hey, we all need a hobby, and wanking just tires you out in this heat.

Here's an older one that I was quite happy with, AND it's topical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKP1Em6VUuA

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Brilliant ke1t was that all done in vegas?

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Brilliant ke1t was that all done in vegas?

Nah, you need to use multiple programs... For that I think I used the old Windows Movie Maker, a conversion program, some text to speech program, PSP and various other bits and pieces. This was Pre-Sony Vegas even.

In retrospect that Stadium movie was 5 mins too long.....

Nah, you need to use multiple programs... For that I think I used the old Windows Movie Maker, a conversion program, some text to speech program, PSP and various other bits and pieces. This was Pre-Sony Vegas even.

In retrospect that Stadium movie was 5 mins too long.....

Nice, whilst i've got you here do you use any specific rendering software for 3D work?

Like maya or anything like that...

:thumbup1:

Nice, whilst i've got you here do you use any specific rendering software for 3D work?

Like maya or anything like that...

Funnily enough I have a whole bunch of Autodesk software, all legitimately acquired (amazingly), but my skills on those programs are somewhat less than leet. I did render giant feathered cubes and the like.... but it's way too powerful for the sh*t I need. I'm friends with some of the guys who do commercial Autodesk work...

This is an example of their work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vOtaUB88XI

Yeah... and I can barely get toonboom to work properly.

Funnily enough I have a whole bunch of Autodesk software, all legitimately acquired (amazingly), but my skills on those programs are somewhat less than leet. I did render giant feathered cubes and the like.... but it's way too powerful for the sh*t I need. I'm friends with some of the guys who do commercial Autodesk work...

This is an example of their work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vOtaUB88XI

Yeah... and I can barely get toonboom to work properly.

Wow! Nice...

This is my new hobby. Ive got a legitimate copy of realflow (thats what i made that liquid introduction with), but i had to render it in blender - took 39 hours for about 20 second of clip, so looking to get something a bit more powerful.

Maya and 3dsx look amazing, but pricey like, so i might have to wait until payday.

:thumbs:

Prices of Autodesk stuff came down a lot... the software I have cost about 125k, which I (thankfully) didn't have to pay for. But you used to be able to download their software for free to practice on, only it rendered a wartermark in the finished project.. not sure if it's still available to download. should be, like.

Autodesk is a Californian company, and it seems to be run by a bunch of old hippies... which is a good thing.

But if you're serious about 3D then Autodesk is the one you should be working on... everyone from Disney Pixar to the Auto Companies use Autodesk. It's the industry standard.

The wife is one of the bosses on their military project contracts right now.

That's right... Autodesk is killing terrorists and saving the world for Democracy and Cheeseburgers.

Prices of Autodesk stuff came down a lot... the software I have cost about 125k, which I (thankfully) didn't have to pay for. But you used to be able to download their software for free to practice on, only it rendered a wartermark in the finished project.. not sure if it's still available to download. should be, like.

Autodesk is a Californian company, and it seems to be run by a bunch of old hippies... which is a good thing.

But if you're serious about 3D then Autodesk is the one you should be working on... everyone from Disney Pixar to the Auto Companies use Autodesk. It's the industry standard.

The wife is one of the bosses on their military project contracts right now.

That's right... Autodesk is killing terrorists and saving the world for Democracy and Cheeseburgers.

Ke1t min do you remember where you got the stephen hawking voice from? Iv'e been alround the internets lookin for one - most of them are pish....

Ke1t min do you remember where you got the stephen hawking voice from? Iv'e been alround the internets lookin for one - most of them are pish....

It's Microsoft Sam.... Stephen Hawking uses the default Microsoft Sam :)

The problem with that is that I believe they've stopped packaging Microsoft Sam with the newer versions of Windows.

Try downloading Speakonia... I think it still uses the old Microsoft Sam voice package. You'll probably need to link it to Audible (download it if you don't have it) to export to usable MP3 files tho.

Oh, and download and install Audible first.... then download and install Speakonia.

It's Microsoft Sam.... Stephen Hawking uses the default Microsoft Sam :)

The problem with that is that I believe they've stopped packaging Microsoft Sam with the newer versions of Windows.

Try downloading Speakonia... I think it still uses the old Microsoft Sam voice package. You'll probably need to link it to Audible (download it if you don't have it) to export to usable MP3 files tho.

Thanks brother.

Thanks brother.

f**k it, I'm getting my softwares mixed up.... I mean Audacity, not Audible.

Download and install Audacity first, then download and install Speakonia.

Then, when you go to export a file in MP3 from Speakonia, it'll ask you which program you want to use to export because speakonia has no native mp3 support. When it asks you for the program just browse to your Audacity executable.... job done.

f**k it, I'm getting my softwares mixed up.... I mean Audacity, not Audible.

Download and install Audacity first, then download and install Speakonia.

Then, when you go to export a file in MP3 from Speakonia, it'll ask you which program you want to use to export because speakonia has no native mp3 support. When it asks you for the program just browse to your Audacity executable.... job done.

Sweet. Speakonia works a charm.

Gonna wind my brother-in-law right up with this one.

Audacity's a brilliant program. I'd love to get into using garage band for my guitar and sh*te but never really dived in and bothered to learn my way about it. Anyone got a quick way in so I can have my own wee virtual band would be great if I could get a hand.

Also. For photography, see the link below. Just put up a new landscape/panorama.

• 11 months later...

Sometimes I'll start a project and very quickly realise it's going nowhere, abandoning it before it really gets started.

Here's an example of something that seemed funny up in my head there, but the execution is less than half-arsed.

This was going to be about The Huns waking up one morning and realising they've got some important mail....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpr02lFsQiE