Caley Thistle Benefit From

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14578739.stm

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have been boosted by a £200,000 funding package from directors and shareholders.

The Highland club say talks are also ongoing with a group of expatriate Invernessians about further investment in the club.

Chairman George Fraser said: "We are delighted at this cash injection at such a challenging time for SPL clubs.

"We're grateful to those involved in this initiative to purchase new shares."

So a pishy wee TOWN CITY like Inverness can drum up 200k .... Where as we can't ........

If we are going to be pedantic, granted city status in 2000.

Club with no debt

"Money to take the club foward"

Sounds to me for loan wages for the Wigan youngster they've just signed .....

I'd say they haven't even touched the 200k yet or not using it towards wages.

Butcher's quote on signing Wigan guy:

"I'm pleased that the board have given approval to extend the budget to bring in another player,"

Wank, wank, wank.

They will still have crowds averaging less than 3,4000 or whatever they get.

So three times our crowd then ;)

Does it really matter though what size of crowd they get etc? They are a club that is constantly trying to move forward. In the last 15 years or so they have merged with another club to create ICT, they have a new stadium and they are debt free in the SPL. They finished 15 points ahead of us last season after bouncing straight back up after relegation.

They are a club in a far better place than us even with their wanky crowd size and wee injections of 300K from fans.

Only negative thing they have done over the last few years IMO was to bin their youth policy as soon as they went down.