Am Gonna Get You Sucka

We nickednamed Osbourne as 'Tank', quite fitting I think!!

by the way have you seen the size of Jason Brown, for a goalie he is quite heavy set and not in a tubby sort of way

Saw this guy come over to get the ball at half time and thought caley arent out and he's a big barsteward who his he - wouldnt like to get into a rumble in the goalmouth against hin thats for sure - ball bounced off him later on reckon he could take over from homer simpson and catch cannonballs

but wasnt sure about osbourne till today but simply ran the midfield today and caley eventually gave up trying to go through the middle

From what I've seen of Osbourne he's what we wanted from Hartley last season.

Mawene I'm not at all convinced about, though we'll see how he does when he's not carrying a knock.

First goals of the season and no Mackie.. coincidence?

Probably, but hopefully (however unlikely) we'll get in this French/Algerian bod and the Dazzler will be frozen out.

First goals of the season and no Mackie.. coincidence?

Basically what I said to my dad today. Maggennis does well to set up the first and Big Verno tucks away the second. If you put Mackie in either of those situations I doubt the end result would have been a goal.

Him and Arnesen strolled the game today. Although i would still rather have a creative player in the middle of the park.

Weird but the midfield seemed to really work in the first half, despite it being composed of 4 central midfielders. In the 2nd half though it didn't work as well with Fyvie coming off and for the last 20 minutes it looked like Milsom was f**king knackered. But, Arnason and Osbourne were f**king immense in the middle today.

Think there tactic second half was to make sure Arnason got no time on the ball and crowd out the middle, knowing that our wide players just aren't naturals there. Arnason reads the game so well, rarely wastes the ball and is a strong guy to boot. Unlucky not to get a goal today after the great pass through by Foster.

Think Arnason and Osbourne have the making of a great pairing at central midfield, which means I guess we will be seeing plenty of Fyvie and Milsom in the wider areas.

Think there tactic second half was to make sure Arnason got no time on the ball and crowd out the middle, knowing that our wide players just aren't naturals there. Arnason reads the game so well, rarely wastes the ball and is a strong guy to boot. Unlucky not to get a goal today after the great pass through by Foster.

Think Arnason and Osbourne have the making of a great pairing at central midfield, which means I guess we will be seeing plenty of Fyvie and Milsom in the wider areas.

Agreed. They were both class today, it was between the two for MOTM. They are both hard c**ts (in particular Osbourne who is a great tackler) and judging by today, Arnason is not easily fazed. IMO they were both class, as was the midfield before Milsom tired and Fyvie came off.

Broon kens how to construct a midfield, Scotland were always very strong in that department during his tenure, and that's how you win a game of football, if you have good strikers (eg Hibs in recent times) but a pish midfield, you won't win consistently.

Similarly if you have a good defence they will soon be exposed if you are short in the middle.

The reason we were pummelled by Celtic last season was because they simply over-ran our midfield, fighting for every ball, that's where most of the action takes place, so that's where the game is won and lost.

I'm delighted with both these players and the best is yet to come.

Basically what I said to my dad today. Maggennis does well to set up the first and Big Verno tucks away the second. If you put Mackie in either of those situations I doubt the end result would have been a goal.

Weird but the midfield seemed to really work in the first half, despite it being composed of 4 central midfielders. In the 2nd half though it didn't work as well with Fyvie coming off and for the last 20 minutes it looked like Milsom was f**king knackered. But, Arnason and Osbourne were f**king immense in the middle today.

He was definitely breathing out his arse towards the end but must say his run through on goal in the 1st half is exactly what i want to see more of from him, ok he hit the side netting but the willingness was there and of course he did well to get into the box for the goal too. Best i've seen from him and he needs to do this every game now :thumbup1: