Some Figures

Bluto this isn't a criticism but is there a point?

isnt it obvious? ;-)

no proint really. just poinst for thought and dicussion?

look at the lopsided television revenue in spain.

man united able to generate 4m a year from theri training kit? :o

froggy clubs also spending big. they bought pastore, so a team to look out for, perhaps?

samuel eto's wage is pretty good, eh?

those were my points.

Revenue distribution

+ All revenues generated by the SPL are effectively put into one pot. This money comes from TV deals and other commercial contracts.

+ A support payment to the SFL and parachute payments to recently relegated clubs are then removed. All associated costs of running the SPL are also deducted.

+ The remaining amount is split two ways to the member clubs: 48% is divided equally between all 12 clubs while 52% is distributed to teams dependant upon their final league position.

+ The higher up the table that a club finishes, the more money they will receive - see table below. For season 2007/08, more than

Looks anything but fair to me Bluto.

Why is it so heavily weighted towards places 1 and 2? The rate of increase is uniform, until a massive jump from third to second.

i see what you mean. i missed that.

i wonder what that extra comuple of percent equates to in hard cash?

not as bad as la liga, however.

nobody think barcelona getting nearly 30 times as much tv money as their competitors is a little bit unfair?

It's because in Spain the teams have individual contracts with TV companies, rather than selling collectively, so of course Barcelona and Real are on week in week out and therefore make way more money.

Think they're in negotiations to change this but Barca and Real are still asking for a ridiculous share of the money which the rest won't agree to.

Yep just noticed that as well. I cannot see why the jump is so big either.

Very odd. :itch-chin:

It's fairly obvious, Rangers and Celtic take all the resources from Scottish fitba for themselves, bleed the game dry, and have engineered an 11:1 voting system which ensures their monopoly cannot be broken once set.

All the other clubs chairmen are too weak willed to confront it, and are delusional enough to believe that without the two Glasgow teams our game would die, a mantra preached by?

You guessed it, Rangers and Celtic.

Get them to f**k and our game would surely thrive.

It's fairly obvious, Rangers and Celtic take all the resources from Scottish fitba for themselves, bleed the game dry, and have engineered an 11:1 voting system which ensures their monopoly cannot be broken once set.

All the other clubs chairmen are too weak willed to confront it, and are delusional enough to believe that without the two Glasgow teams our game would die, a mantra preached by?

what if we didnt get shot of them and had a fair and equal proportion of revenue split across the teams in the league?

what if we didnt get shot of them and had a fair and equal proportion of revenue split across the teams in the league?

The only way to ensure this is by sharing gate receipts, and there's more chance of hell freezing over.

You should not get more money for winning the league, from the league itself, the principle is detrimental to competition and only serves to create a gap which whilst always existing has never been more pronounced and will continue to increase until addressed.

you see tups its things like this that i see as being the reasons for having a sh*t league. not the success of the epl taht you constantly deride.

The only way to ensure this is by sharing gate receipts, and there's more chance of hell freezing over.

You should not get more money for winning the league, from the league itself, the principle is detrimental to competition and only serves to create a gap which whilst always existing has never been more pronounced and will continue to increase until addressed.

individual money like gate receipts and sponsership is fair enough.

the money form the spl should be evenly split though.

gate receipts should sit with the club, I have no issue with that.

what "if" at the start of the season all clubs had an equal split of cash across the board for league appearances, tv etc.....would you still have the OF in the league?

gate receipts should sit with the club, I have no issue with that.

what "if" at the start of the season all clubs had an equal split of cash across the board for league appearances, tv etc.....would you still have the OF in the league?

i would say yes. they are scottish afterall. they just shouldnt be treated any differeently to aberdeen, hearts, etc.