I Was Just In A f**kign Earthquake

madjockmcferson

Pardon my lack of earthquake precaution measure knowledge but what good would being in a bath be for protection?

Glad you're fine though. :thumbs:

Apparently its cos if the ceiling falls you are in a safe little pocket. apparently the best place though is in a doorway.

washington monument is apparently tilting and 2 nucleur plants have been taken offline as a precaution

Apparently its cos if the ceiling falls you are in a safe little pocket. apparently the best place though is in a doorway.

washington monument is apparently tilting and 2 nucleur plants have been taken offline as a precaution

You learn something new every day.

I'll bare it in mind next time Portsoy rocks it's socks off. :laughing:

Was in an Earthquake when I first got here... sitting at my desk and a truck goes by just as it hit... honestly feels like you're tripping balls. You stand up and sh*t's kinda moving around, and you tell yourself no more mojitos at lunch time.... just stick to the beers.

I should point out it was a tiny wee earthquake, nothing like the thing in Virginia... I would imagine being close to the epicentre of a 6.0 would be considerably scarier than the dinky f**ker that I felt.. Was actually quite fun :)

And on Saturday I'm gonna be in a f**king hurricane... damn you Irene!

Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere less close to the Arctic Circle.. usually when I'm shovelling 5 feet of lake effect snow off my drive.... then, later, I see people who live in the warmer states having their sh*t flooded, blown away, earthquaked or burned to cinders in wildfires... and suddenly snow doesn't seem so bad any more.

I remember flying out of South Carolina as Katrina hit... we were getting the edge of the storm. Didn't think the flight was going to go ahead, but all credit, they took off and flew us right through that swirling f**king vortex of f**king nightmares and terror. The wife was actually crying with fear, and she wasn't the only one. I was putting on a brave face for her, but underneath I'm going "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

So yeah, bit of snow and rain in MI.. not so bad.

Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere less close to the Arctic Circle.. usually when I'm shovelling 5 feet of lake effect snow off my drive.... then, later, I see people who live in the warmer states having their sh*t flooded, blown away, earthquaked or burned to cinders in wildfires... and suddenly snow doesn't seem so bad any more.

I remember flying out of South Carolina as Katrina hit... we were getting the edge of the storm. Didn't think the flight was going to go ahead, but all credit, they took off and flew us right through that swirling f**king vortex of f**king nightmares and terror. The wife was actually crying with fear, and she wasn't the only one. I was putting on a brave face for her, but underneath I'm going "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

So yeah, bit of snow and rain in MI.. not so bad.

The weaher in the US really is extreme depending on where you live.

Here in SW Oklahoma and Texas were now in our 90th day this year of 100 degree or over temps, an all time record.

The weaher in the US really is extreme depending on where you live.

Here in SW Oklahoma and Texas were now in our 90th day this year of 100 degree or over temps, an all time record.

I can see sh*t getting real in TX in the very near future. Not so bad for us up here, right next to the massive freshwater lakes. But NM, TX and CA.... not going to be so good.

Still, anything bad that happens to Texas is fine by me. I'd give the whole state back to the Mexicans.