If We Were "certs For Relegation" Last Season

Keep hearing this line rolled out just now, how we were certs for relegation last year.

Got me thinking - whats the differance, is it just the fact that Mcghee has so many haters or are we actually better off.

Just for referance at this stage last season - after we had played our first 6 games (same 1 in the cup, 5 in the league)

We were sitting 4th in the league and had scored 10 goals conceding only 5.

So my question is - whats the differance between this season and last?

I should also ask, if brown has the same run of injuries that Mcghee had (with Mackie, Pawlett and Fyvie all already out for a long spell before our 7th game) will it be the same witch hunt or will we be making excuses regarding injuries to players?

Keep hearing this line rolled out just now, how we were certs for relegation last year.

Got me thinking - whats the differance, is it just the fact that Mcghee has so many haters or are we actually better off.

Just for referance at this stage last season - after we had played our first 6 games (same 1 in the cup, 5 in the league)

I should also ask, if brown has the same run of injuries that Mcghee had (with Mackie, Pawlett and Fyvie all already out for a long spell before our 7th game) will it be the same witch hunt or will we be making excuses regarding injuries to players?

just to jog my memory at what point did Mcghee get sacked last season?

• Site Sponsor

There are the glass half full and the glass half empty on the site. Same anywhere. For the first 40 odd years of my support of the Dons I was glass half full; now half empty.

I see the negatives before I see the positives, which I'm sad about, but hey ho.

Negatives so far in Broon's reign

Still thinks Darren Mackie is a player

Signed Chris Clark

Gave Langfield a new contract

Inherent defensiveness about his style of play, epitomised by everyone back behind the ball.

Positives

Before we take the lead in a game we play some attractive, entertaining stuff

Arnesen looks a player

Osbourne I am happy with

He dealt with the Foster situation well

That's some of the pluses and minuses. EVERYONE on this site wants the club to do well.

Those who are thinking positively are known by their detractors as, amongst other things, Happy clappers

Those who are thinking negatively are thought by their detractors as, amongst other things, living in the past.

Somewhere in the middle is probably where we should be.

I myself will be positive on players who are not long in the door and need a good spell to settle in before judgement is passed.

On the other hand I've seen enough years of Mackie, Clark and Langfield to know they are pish and not good enough for my club.

There Stoney loon is my reply. We have four points out of fifteen. If we carry on at that ratio we are certs to go down. Personally I think we will finish eighth. For me nowhere near good enough. For others acceptable on the route to recovery.

There are the glass half full and the glass half empty on the site. Same anywhere. For the first 40 odd years of my support of the Dons I was glass half full; now half empty.

I see the negatives before I see the positives, which I'm sad about, but hey ho.

Signed Chris Clark

Inherent defensiveness about his style of play, epitomised by everyone back behind the ball.

Positives

Arnesen looks a player

Osbourne I am happy with

That's some of the pluses and minuses. EVERYONE on this site wants the club to do well.

Those who are thinking positively are known by their detractors as, amongst other things, Happy clappers

Those who are thinking negatively are thought by their detractors as, amongst other things, living in the past.

I myself will be positive on players who are not long in the door and need a good spell to settle in before judgement is passed.

On the other hand I've seen enough years of Mackie, Clark and Langfield to know they are pish and not good enough for my club.

There Stoney loon is my reply. We have four points out of fifteen. If we carry on at that ratio we are certs to go down. Personally I think we will finish eighth. For me nowhere near good enough. For others acceptable on the route to recovery.

Great post, Unfortunately looking at the posters currently typing replies its away to go down hill fast.

Struggling clearly but early days. Must improve and improve fast. Few good signs but quite a few bad signs aswell with same mistakes beng made again.

Some are confident it will improve (some say they are even happy with our start we have made) and some are very worried. Personally very worried and see a struggle in bottom half yet again but hoping am wrong.

Signed Chris Clark

Positives

Arnesen looks a player

Osbourne I am happy with

Good post min.

did you agree with the sacking of MM?

but his sacking was the correct decision? did you support the appointment at the time? would you prefer MM, JC or Brown and Knox?

Of course it was. I think he was harshly treated by the board with regard to an unrealistic budget.

I gave him a chance when he was appointed, didnt think he was the man for the job but he had my support, as too does brown.

Until changes are made a the very top in this club it doesnt matter which manager is used for fodder.

Of course it was. I think he was harshly treated by the board with regard to an unrealistic budget.

I gave him a chance when he was appointed, didnt think he was the man for the job but he had my support, as too does brown.

Until changes are made a the very top in this club it doesnt matter which manager is used for fodder.

well I suggest you get aff the managers back then, stop being a greetin face tit, be a bit more positive, and appreciate hes doing his level best with what budget and support he has fae Milne.

RTYD - good post and probably where a lot of people are.

I am really pleased we have won the last two games and hope it represents a genuine improvemnt in our fortune. For me there are reasons to be concerned as we still appear to have an unbalanced squad (with little time to sort) which is disappointing. We also seem to have a number of players who appear unfit which is disappointing.

There is as a result of lack of seasoned players a reliance on youth stepping up eg Jack - this was one area that failed MM last year and I have no grounds to believe it'll work any better this year. We seem to lack width and our wide players (such as they are) lack fitness, competence or resistance to injury.

Now if everyone improves in comeptence as we get physically fitter we could progress from where we are and be a solid if uninspiring side, if the lack of fitness is because gaining that fitness hazards old injuries breaking down then we could still be in a MM like situation come December. What is certainly true is that we are in the wrong end of the league for anyone to be happy with our current league position and I'm not sure that I see that improving any time soon. I live in hope.

It is good to have won two games running but this is hardly great form, a home win against fellow strugglers and a lower division side, I want more.