Man City

i see nasri has passed his medical at wastelands.

he is joing a pretty strong squad.

25 Joe Hart

2 Micah Richards

3 Wayne Bridge

4 Vincent Kompany

5 Pablo Zabaleta

6 Joleon Lescott

13 Aleksandar Kolarov

22 Gael Clichy

28 Kolo Toure

34 Nigel De Jong

42 YayaToure

7 James Milner

8 Shaun Wright-Phillips

11 Adam Johnson

18 Gareth Barry

21 David Silva

10 Edin Dzeko

32 Carlos Tevez

39 Craig Bellamy

45 Mario Balotelli

14 Roque Santa Cruz

16 Sergio Aguero

youve also missed the new CB savic. Serbian captain so i believe. hes not going to city to sit on the bench.

where the hell are all these players going to fit in?

f**king loathe man city just now.

vidic isnt captain of serbia?

they have ivanovic too dont they.

that'll be a solid back line.

didnt they go euro08 qualifiers without conceding a goal?

it would be interesting to see this squad lined up against chelseas squad at teh height of their abramovic buying.

vidic isnt captain of serbia?

they have ivanovic too dont they.

that'll be a solid back line.

didnt they go euro08 qualifiers without conceding a goal?

No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2008_qualifying_Group_A

They did very well in WC 2010 qualifying, winning their group, whilst conceding only 8 goals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_Group_7

25 Joe Hart

2 Micah Richards

3 Wayne Bridge

4 Vincent Kompany

5 Pablo Zabaleta

6 Joleon Lescott

13 Aleksandar Kolarov

22 Gael Clichy

28 Kolo Toure

34 Nigel De Jong

42 YayaToure

7 James Milner

8 Shaun Wright-Phillips

11 Adam Johnson

18 Gareth Barry

21 David Silva

10 Edin Dzeko

32 Carlos Tevez

39 Craig Bellamy

45 Mario Balotelli

14 Roque Santa Cruz

16 Sergio Aguero

Thats a damn fine English squad they have there. Like most English teams, Man City would be f**ked if uefa brought in regulations over the number of forgeigners they can play.

If they could find a way of proving that bringing in so many foreign players is affecting the chances of young home grown players coming through then it would likely be passed.

How would it? Thats like saying polish steel workers can produce steel at a lower price of a better quality so we must put protectionist tariffs on it to safeguard our own steelworkers. It won't happen as it is a restriction of trade. Most they can bring in is non eu players as we have to abide by european treaties with regards to free trade.

If they could find a way of proving that bringing in so many foreign players is affecting the chances of young home grown players coming through then it would likely be passed.

Disagree. Football players are a profession, same as plumbers, painters and piano-repair men. Free movement of trade is one of the central aspects of the EU. There is nothing stopping young players getting a job elsewhere in the Union.

Of course, if the UK was to leave the EU, then I suppose there would be nothing stopping the EPL do what they want with restrictions.

However, I'd imagine the EPL would hate the idea of a foreign player restriction - it wouldn't do much for them if Man Utd were forced to play Darron Gibson instead of Ji-Sung Park, due to some ruling. That would restrict their money making ability!

youve also missed the new CB savic. Serbian captain so i believe. hes not going to city to sit on the bench.

where the hell are all these players going to fit in?

f**king loathe man city just now.

No he is not, He plays for Montenegro, has only a handful of caps, and is not captain, Vucinic is.

25 Joe Hart

2 Micah Richards

3 Wayne Bridge

4 Vincent Kompany

5 Pablo Zabaleta

6 Joleon Lescott

13 Aleksandar Kolarov

22 Gael Clichy

28 Kolo Toure

34 Nigel De Jong

42 YayaToure

7 James Milner

8 Shaun Wright-Phillips

11 Adam Johnson

18 Gareth Barry

21 David Silva

10 Edin Dzeko

32 Carlos Tevez

39 Craig Bellamy

45 Mario Balotelli

14 Roque Santa Cruz

16 Sergio Aguero

The emboldened guys won't be here by the end of the transfer window i'm quite sure of it, Tevez is another one who looks like he can't be arsed being there so we'll see. Just don't see the fascination with Barry, just not the same player that was at Villa but without a doubt that is a very strong team.

mabe savic was the partizan captain. i dunno. care factor is a nice shade of brown mixed with "dont give a f**k, he wont play"

Sort of sloppy appraoch that leads to the downfall of once proud football clubs. I'm glad you have no interest in coaching Robbo. Hold on a minute..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...