Important Survey

Bobby Connor

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your state of mind?

• Incredulous
    • Other

I think my response was the response of everyone else when they read this, complete and utter incredulity.

What is it with people on here lately, and incredulity - there appears to be wave of it?

Even MT has recently encroporated the word into his online vocabulary...

• Admin

This survey has been assembled by the Glasgow School of Science who have proved beyond reasonable doubt that there is no such thing as 'fair to middling' and, furthermore, that an average sized person is a fiction.

Big Bobby points out a great observation.

A quick scan actually shows Woolenrouge using the word 'incredulous' back in the day, and there have been a fair few instance of it since then.

The reason it's being highlighted recently is because of Millertime's misunderstanding of it's usage, using it as a synonym for 'incredible'.

"That was incredulous"

A quick scan actually shows Woolenrouge using the word 'incredulous' back in the day, and there have been a fair few instance of it since then.

The reason it's being highlighted recently is because of Millertime's misunderstanding of it's usage, using it as a synonym for 'incredible'.

"That was incredulous"

Ach Kelt min it's all inconsequential anyway.

Ach Kelt min it's all inconsequential anyway.

Nae sure aboot that sean.

You might think that the flapping of a butterfly's wings was inconsequential but according to Chaos Theory , it could trigger of a storm on the other side of the Planet.

Millertime's use of the word has already triggered of this debate and has help me with my own understanding.

In a way.....nuthin' is inconsequential.

And God is Pooh Bear. :itch-chin:

is it?

a programme that says we'll be discussing stuff with dolphins in 5 years, isnt incredulous?

A programme itself, be it on talking dolphins or mumbling squid, cannot be incredulous.

A person watching said programme, or doing any other activity, can certainly be incredulous.

For example -

"I'm incredulous that someone can misunderstand a word so badly" said Harcus, when browsing AFChat