Steve Jobs

Big Man

To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

• Admin

F/uck.

:wtf:

This is massive. Shares will dive tommorow.

Is it his health?

He had a rare form of cancer years ago and recently had a kidney transplant i believe. He's also a vegan which complicates things. It's been understood he would step down sometime soon, but this is out of the blue.

Honestly, as long as Jonathan Ive is there, heading up the industrial design department the company will do fine.

The shares will dive but recover. Makes sense announcing it while the markets are closed. It would be sell sell sell panic, but doing it during close should make people think about it a little longer before the markets open. I don't think Apple without Steve will affect the running of the company long term

EDIT: Oh and sell your shares first thing.

I'd short them.

He had a rare form of cancer years ago and recently had a kidney transplant i believe. He's also a vegan which complicates things. It's been understood he would step down sometime soon, but this is out of the blue.

Honestly, as long as Jonathan Ive is there, heading up the industrial design department the company will do fine.

The shares will dive but recover. Makes sense announcing it while the markets are closed. It would be sell sell sell panic, but doing it during close should make people think about it a little longer before the markets open. I don't think Apple without Steve will affect the running of the company long term

I'd short them.

Aye short them. That is what i would do as well. if i understood what you meant. :laughing:

• Admin

Aye short them. That is what i would do as well. if i understood what you meant. :laughing:

In finance, short selling (also known as shorting or going short) is the practice of selling assets, usually securities, that have been borrowed from a third party (usually a broker) with the intention of buying identical assets back at a later date to return to that third party. The short seller hopes to profit from a decline in the price of the assets between the sale and the repurchase, as the seller will pay less to buy the assets than it received on selling them.

Remember Desire Petroleum? I said to short them, but another, more experienced City Trader on here said it was too risky. What happened? The share price plummeted and i was proven right. (Then again, you know the saying about broken clocks..)

• Admin

Short selling isn't practical for the normal man on the street, the small volumes, commisions and daily charges mean its better to wait for the drop and buy on the way back up.

What makes you think i'm not sitting on a mutual fund that includes a huge portfolio of apple stocks?

(i'm not)

But yeah, tomorrow will be a great time to buy Apple stock, although i'm sure a lot of people are thinking the same.

Remember Desire Petroleum? I said to short them, but another, more experienced City Trader on here said it was too risky. What happened? The share price plummeted and i was proven right. (Then again, you know the saying about broken clocks..)

Cheers loon I get it noo. As for the second part the pnly thing I can think of is oooooooooooooooooooooh Bitchy! :laughing:

Photo released by tabloid website, TMZ.

Rumour's going round that it is a photoshop job.

Either way this is a shocking picture, sad if a real picture and disgusting if someone's faked it.

Yeh i just did a reverse image search and was shocked to find websites saying it was a shop.

''Sad if a real picture and disgusting if someone's faked it'' - you're absolutely right.