Rangers V Aberdeen

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would keep Arni in midfield and replace Mawene with McArdle. No reason at all that Osbourne and Arnason can't go here and boss the midfield. Doubt Craigy will change anything else.

This is a poor poor Rangers team, one that I'm certain M'well will beat tomorrow at Fir Park, and we can give them big problems at Iprix

I would keep Arni in midfield and replace Mawene with McArdle. No reason at all that Osbourne and Arnason can't go here and boss the midfield. Doubt Craigy will change anything else.

This is a poor poor Rangers team, one that I'm certain M'well will beat tomorrow at Fir Park, and we can give them big problems at Iprix

Mcardle is as bad as Mawene imo. Pitty we don't have 2 Arni's. Think we need him at centre half to be a calming influence and stick Clark in Midfield to give us some dig.

Osbourne and Arneson have the makings of a strong partnership in the middle, but I feel Fyvie is wasted out wide. He flashed one across goal today from wide right which was begging for someone to finish, but would much rather see him as a link between midfield and attack, with free reign to just get on the ball

Confident?

I will be happy with the team we put out today but Arnasen for Mawene and Mawene for Clark. Would be a very solid looking side. Need to rough them up. Get them riled and the longer it stays 0-0 their 'loyal' fans will get on their backs.

This is it. The chance we have been waiting for, need to take it.

Confident? Eh no.

Prediction? 3-0 the scum, Jelavic too good for Considine &/or Mawene.

if we can play like we did today in the first half for the whole 90 we might get something. Also if the scum are as inconsistent as they has been under sally you never no.

Unfortunately the huns will be nowhere near as bad as Inverness reserves.

Play next week like we did 2nd half today and could get absolutely hammered.

There is no way Osbourne will last 90 minutes at Ibrox without seeing red :hunbash: . Not that I want to see him hold back far from it but I'm def checking out Bet365 for odds on him getting his marching orders especially if we actually turn up and give them a game

I'm not sure about that - considering how robust he is with his challenges he has had only one yellow card so far and looking on soccerbase has relatively few yellows in his career. I would say it would be a wasted bet in all honesty. I hardly remember many tackles that were stopped for fouls. I think you can get an opinion due to his robust nature that he would get cards but he times very well and is always fair . in 2007/8 49 games only 6 yellows is a great record imo

There was one moment (i mentioned in JiT) where the ref had a word in passing (not a lecture at all) after a challenge that was robust but perfectly fair - the ref actually seemed to be congratulating him on a hard but fair tackle and the two ran apart with smiles and a slap of the hands

despite his robust terrior like nature i think you may even find a better bet it that he doesnt receive a suspension all season either through staright red or totting up of his yellows.

A draw is the best we can hope for and we'll likely see Fyvie out wide offering more protection & strength to the full back from midfield than someone like Pawlett would. It will be a game of damage limitation.

There's one thing AFC are good at, helping teams end their bad form and if we're not on our game for 90mins, I've no doubt Rangers will score at least 3. If they do score first then I can't see were our cutting edge will come from because we don't have a single player who can open teams up regularly and get the fans excited.

My prediction :cry:

Rangers 3 Aberdeen 0

We have a very strong midfield (where the game is won and lost).

The huns are poor in the middle. Ortiz is rubbish, christ knows why they signed an old carthorse like that, but let them lash at it.

Therefore we have a very good chance, but of course it will be 12 vs 11, so we need to factor that in, the referee will not be able to blow his whistle quickly enough if a hun goes down like he's been shot by a sniper in the box, and red cards will be issued to the thuggish Aberdeen defenders if the likes of Naismith trip over a daisy.

Also look out for feigning injury from the hun players in an attempt to get our players red carded. We ken the score.

I think we'll get a draw, minimum.

And I disagree with those who are critical of Mawene, I think he's an excellent defender, we have so much more about us with Diamond out and Mawene in.

Fyvie seems to be getting criticised too, canna believe that, he's got the ability of a young Beckenbaeur, a fantastic player.

A draw is the best we can hope for and we'll likely see Fyvie out wide offering more protection & strength to the full back from midfield than someone like Pawlett would. It will be a game of damage limitation.

There's one thing AFC are good at, helping teams end their bad form and if we're not on our game for 90mins, I've no doubt Rangers will score at least 3. If they do score first then I can't see were our cutting edge will come from because we don't have a single player who can open teams up regularly and get the fans excited.

My prediction :cry:

Rangers 3 Aberdeen 0

f**k me. Pass the champagne!

We're going to win. I'm going to have a lot of money returned because of this and I'm going to get drunk with the winnings and cherish what memories I'll have from the day forever.

We ran Celtic close, and could well have beaten them, so we have nothing to fear from Rangers.

The good thing is that players like Osbourne and Arnason are clearly far more mentally robust than the tainted by failure losers we chased at the end of last season. These guys are not afraid of a bit of intimidation from the likes of the devil incarnate, McCulloch, and will not wilt in the face of it, like Diamond and Young did.

In fact I'd be happy to see them boot seven shades of sh*t from that reprehensible b*stard McCulloch :hunbash: and take the red cards on the chin.

Fyvie seems to be getting criticised too, canna believe that, he's got the ability of a young Beckenbaeur, a fantastic player.

I think he played well yesterday, albeit out of position.

Sad thing is, he may not even get a sniff of a central midfield, pulling the strings role because of the sheer volume of CMs we have in the squad.

I'd like to see him start there next week, in place of Arnason who can go into centre of defence. Just for this one.

Fyvie ran the show at Ibrox in one of his earliest appearances for the team 2 years ago.

Let him do it again next Sunday.

It's feasible that we could end McCoist's reign as hun manager with a win if NK Haribo do the necessary at Ibrox on Thursday night.

That would be sweet... :checkit:

I think he played well yesterday, albeit out of position.

Sad thing is, he may not even get a sniff of a central midfield, pulling the strings role because of the sheer volume of CMs we have in the squad.

I'd like to see him start there next week, in place of Arnason who can go into centre of defence. Just for this one.

Fyvie ran the show at Ibrox in one of his earliest appearances for the team 2 years ago.

Let him do it again next Sunday.

Brown was fond of basically five central midfielders in his Scotland team, so Fyvie just has to play where he's asked to, and if he has strong players alongside, he'll flourish.

It would be a mistake to move Arnason and break the rythym of the team just because it's Rangers away, we need to get the mentality that we change for nobody, because altering the team to a more defensive strategy for such a game is akin to an admission that you hold fear and doubt, which will transmit to the players, whether only on a sub-conscious level.

We go to Ibrox to compete is the mindset which we must hold.

I'm not sure about that - considering how robust he is with his challenges he has had only one yellow card so far and looking on soccerbase has relatively few yellows in his career. I would say it would be a wasted bet in all honesty. I hardly remember many tackles that were stopped for fouls. I think you can get an opinion due to his robust nature that he would get cards but he times very well and is always fair . in 2007/8 49 games only 6 yellows is a great record imo

There was one moment (i mentioned in JiT) where the ref had a word in passing (not a lecture at all) after a challenge that was robust but perfectly fair - the ref actually seemed to be congratulating him on a hard but fair tackle and the two ran apart with smiles and a slap of the hands

despite his robust terrior like nature i think you may even find a better bet it that he doesnt receive a suspension all season either through staright red or totting up of his yellows.

I am not meaning this as a slight on Oz but he will only get booked at 2 stadiums this season, Ibrox & Parkhead

Brown was fond of basically five central midfielders in his Scotland team, so Fyvie just has to play where he's asked to, and if he has strong players alongside, he'll flourish.

It would be a mistake to move Arnason and break the rythym of the team just because it's Rangers away, we need to get the mentality that we change for nobody, because altering the team to a more defensive strategy for such a game is akin to an admission that you hold fear and doubt, which will transmit to the players, whether only on a sub-conscious level.

We go to Ibrox to compete is the mindset which we must hold.

I didn't mean for that switch to be in a negative way.

I just believe we'd be much stronger in central defence with Arnason in there...he showed at much against Celtic.

And we'd be more creative and have a stronger link between midfield and the forwards if Fyvie was deployed in the dead centre of the park.

I dinna think that can be construed as a mair defensive strategy ata..or an admission of fear.

I didn't mean for that switch to be in a negative way.

I just believe we'd be much stronger in central defence with Arnason in there...he showed at much against Celtic.

And we'd be more creative and have a stronger link between midfield and the forwards if Fyvie was deployed in the dead centre of the park.

I dinna think that can be construed as a mair defensive strategy ata..or an admission of fear.

Aye fair enough, I thought Fyvie did very well out wide against St Johnstone so I'm not certain he's wasted out there, I think the two big lads in central midfield is perfect for Ibrox, shades of Simpson and Cooper, no f**king about, and Fyvie, as well as the other youngsters, have been needing this, a few hard players to boot their arse when required, and lead by example.

So in essence I say we should stick rather than twist, Caley and Rangers are actually very similar in their approach, albeit Rangers have class of Jelavic up front, but their approach play is comparable.

When teams stand up to Rangers, they crumble.

I think you're all getting a little carried away personally... As much as I would love our new striking signing(s) to bang in a debut hat trick...

That home draw against St Johnstone doesn't look so bad after that result today at the tattiedome. :itch-chin::lolceltic:

There is hope for Sunday after all. If they can beat Celtic surely we can do likewise at Mordor. :dontknow::scarf:

That home draw against St Johnstone doesn't look so bad after that result today at the tattiedome. :itch-chin::lolceltic:

There is hope for Sunday after all. If they can beat Celtic surely we can do likewise at Mordor. :dontknow::scarf:

will be a tasty affair next week that's for sure. what a time it would be to get a win and end that ridiculous 20 year wait.

I think you're all getting a little carried away personally... As much as I would love our new striking signing(s) to bang in a debut hat trick...

No, I implore you to get carried away on the back of 2 goals and 3 points, in customary retarded-expectation level run of the mill supporter fashion.

How dare you employ sense and rationale at this juncture?

Talk about pishing on the fanbase's euphoria, I hope you are proud of yourself.

In all seriousness, nobody ever won anything by being less than 100% confident of victory, in every single match, I dinna think cautionary notes sit well with football players, so let's just tell them we're going to win, bearing in mind their combined IQ would be lucky to scrape Mensa, and let their feet do the rest.

You can tell a pish player he's Erchie, and he'll do a turn, Kirk Broadfoot being the living embodiment of this theory.

Was it John Lambie who said Chic Charnley got knocked unconscious, woke up, and asked who he was and which way they were shooting, Lambie telt him he was Pele, and he went on to a man of the match performance whilst semi-coherent.

Think we can get something from this game, particularly if we get a couple of extra players signed before Sunday.

I also hope that the more vocal members of our support can come up with something better than non-stop Richard Gough chants this time.