Should We Recall The Lockerbie Bomber

Big Man

Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Recall Him Back To Scotland For Breaching His License Conditions

• Aye
    • Nit
    • Da Ken

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

In breach of his license conditions?

You mean, he hasn't been able to contact the scottish authorities for an entire week because he's in a bloody warzone?

Or maybe the US sent in some spec ops and renditioned him to guantanamo bay or a CIA base in the east of europe.

In breach of his license conditions?

You mean, he hasn't been able to contact the scottish authorities for an entire week because he's in a bloody warzone?

Or maybe the US sent in some spec ops and renditioned him to guantanamo bay or a CIA base in the east of europe.

No - he's not due to check in with them until 8th september.

The breach appears to be failure to notify authorities of change to address.

Someone has been round to his house, but supposedly the boy wasn't in.

:dontknow:

Do you actually think he was behind it?

Not behind it exactly.

I've read the transcript from the initial trial in its entirety, and it left me with absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was guilty of murder.

Mastermind of the plan - asbolutely not. Guilty of murder - on the evidence presented in court, without a shadow of doubt.

Not behind it exactly.

I've read the transcript from the initial trial in its entirety, and it left me with absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was guilty of murder.

Mastermind of the plan - asbolutely not. Guilty of murder - on the evidence presented in court, without a shadow of doubt.

Can you recommend a good article summarising the evidence?

Probably. Let me have a look on my laptop for you, iv'e got a load of files.

There's nothing like reading the actual transcripts of the evidence though (that way you can form your own opinion) - i'd be happy to email them to you if you want.

• Admin

Not behind it exactly.

I'm not even sure he was guilty of being part of it at all. The CIA paid the witness, a Maltese shopkeeper $2 million, his brother $1 million and relocated them to Australia where they live today. This witness was described by the Scottish judge by being "an apple short of a picnic" and failed to identify Megrahi in a line-up.

I'm not even sure he was guilty of being part of it at all. The CIA paid the witness, a Maltese shopkeeper $2 million, his brother $1 million and relocated them to Australia where they live today. This witness was described by the Scottish judge by being "an apple short of a picnic" and failed to identify Megrahi in a line-up.

I know. It was actually the Lord Advocate that described him as an apple short of a picnic but that

Surely that should be a 'Sandwich short of a picnic'? I am beginning to question this judge's credentials.

Surely that should be a 'Sandwich short of a picnic'? I am beginning to question this judge's credentials.

I can confirm his words were ''apple short of a picnic''.

Edit:

Gauci was not quite the full shilling. I think even his family would say [that he] was an apple short of a picnic. I don't think he was deliberately lying, but if you asked him the same question three times he would just get irritated and refuse to answer. You do have to worry. He's a slightly simple chap, are you putting words into his mouth, even if you don't intend to

- Lord Fraser

I suspect the guy primarily responsible for Lockerbie will be getting his sooner rather than later. The dude who took the fall for it likely had sweet f**k all to do with the attack.

One thing that interests me is that Britain released this dude so that British oil companies would get preferential treatment when it comes time to dishing out Libyan oil contracts, yet now it's gone sh*t-shaped they're backing the rebels. Always a good bet to back the winning side... however any time I see these rebels all I'm hearing is ALLAHU AKBAR!

I'm just wondering if this particular winning team is going to be radical Islamic... it would be pretty f**king hilarious to discover that the guys we've just helped win their civil war are the exact same bods we spend billions trying to kill in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I've had a quick gander at what i've got. Probably the best short article would be the opinion of the court in the case:

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/library/lockerbie/docs/lockerbiejudgement.pdf

It runs to 82 pages. The transcripts are better but they run to 3139 pages. Any other source of information i could point you in would be inherently bias. But if your interested, the BBC ran quite a good mini-site at the time:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/scotland/2000/lockerbie_trial/default.stm

Take some of the analysis with a pinch of salt though.

• Admin

I suspect the guy primarily responsible for Lockerbie will be getting his sooner rather than later. The dude who took the fall for it likely had sweet f**k all to do with the attack.

One thing that interests me is that Britain released this dude so that British oil companies would get preferential treatment when it comes time to dishing out Libyan oil contracts, yet now it's gone sh*t-shaped they're backing the rebels. Always a good bet to back the winning side... however any time I see these rebels all I'm hearing is ALLAHU AKBAR!

I'm just wondering if this particular winning team is going to be radical Islamic... it would be pretty f**king hilarious to discover that the guys we've just helped win their civil war are the exact same bods we spend billions trying to kill in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Britain never released him. The devolved, Scots justice minister did. Why would an SNP government release him in return for London getting the resulting benefits? What was in it for the SNP?

Downright incredulity Big Man. My incredulity on this matter knows no bounds. Luke, I am your father :vader:

I think i see what your getting at,

but one man doesn't make a case and its for the jury to decide about issues of reliability and credibility.

A prosecutor just presents the facts (or so they're meant to).

My incredulity with respect to the Crown also knows no bounds.

:emperor:

Britain never released him. The devolved, Scots justice minister did. Why would an SNP government release him in return for London getting the resulting benefits? What was in it for the SNP?

Exactly. I do actually believe the decision to release him was taken in good faith.

It was the grown-up, humane thing to do.

The fact that Kenny Macaskill ignored overwhelming pressure from Hilary Clinton is testament to that.

Exactly. I do actually believe the decision to release him was taken in good faith.

The fact that Kenny Macaskill ignored overwhelming pressure from Hilary Clinton is testament to that.

Am not 100% sure on that but I'm convinced by Kenny Macaskill. Whether he was being 'used' or not, I do believe he thought he was doing the right thing and good on him.

• Admin

I don't know about you, but i found it absolutely hilarious that the United State's politicians complete lack of understanding over how the devolved system works. Scotland released him yet the UK government got the blame, despite having absolute no sovereign powers to release or indeed stop it from happening.

I like to think this was Salmond's face when US politicians were suggesting that BP bribed the UK government to release megrahi.

TrollFaceSmall.png