Has Professionalism Totally Gone From The Game?

Was thinking about this earlier on watching the Liverpool game. Suarez doing his usual "waving of an imaginary card" routine and saw myself shouting at the TV in disgust. Now although i'm mentioning him he's just an example of something that's being on the go for a while now and yet still nothing has been done about it even though i'm sure it was supposed to be getting clamped down on at the last world cup i think it was.

Between that and players constantly rolling around on the ground after the slightest challenge - sadly both have crept into the Scottish game too, and not just by foreigners - it's totallt made a mockery of the beautiful game. Does anybody believe that it should be getting clamped down better by the football associations? Yellow card for the player wanting a fellow player booked?

Sorry about this little rant folks but it really annoys me when you look at the great players we've had the fortune of seeing who took the knocks and just went about their business in a professional manner and you look at these prima-donnas ruining the game.

Was thinking about this earlier on watching the Liverpool game. Suarez doing his usual "waving of an imaginary card" routine and saw myself shouting at the TV in disgust. Now although i'm mentioning him he's just an example of something that's being on the go for a while now and yet still nothing has been done about it even though i'm sure it was supposed to be getting clamped down on at the last world cup i think it was.

Between that and players constantly rolling around on the ground after the slightest challenge - sadly both have crept into the Scottish game too, and not just by foreigners - it's totallt made a mockery of the beautiful game. Does anybody believe that it should be getting clamped down better by the football associations? Yellow card for the player wanting a fellow player booked?

Sorry about this little rant folks but it really annoys me when you look at the great players we've had the fortune of seeing who took the knocks and just went about their business in a professional manner and you look at these prima-donnas ruining the game.

I agree with your point in general but not about Suarez yesterday. I only saw brief highlights so I may have missed any particular incident that you refer to. I did see a bolton defender pull at Suarez ankle with his hand which the camera picked up via slow motion replay, he took a fair few heavy challenges too.

one thing that annoys me about this modern game is when commentators mention that there was contact meaning that it must be a foul or penalty.

I agree with your point in general but not about Suarez yesterday. I only saw brief highlights so I may have missed any particular incident that you refer to. I did see a bolton defender pull at Suarez ankle with his hand which the camera picked up via slow motion replay, he took a fair few heavy challenges too.

one thing that annoys me about this modern game is when commentators mention that there was contact meaning that it must be a foul or penalty.

Aye fair enough VDA, but wasn't really labelling Suarez tbh. Agree he's a great player who if he cuts out the antics he has displayed since he signed for the club would go on to be brilliant. Nani & Ronaldo in past years have shown the same antics. Just examples of the sad state of the game nowadays.