Ipod Listening Pedestrians

StandFree1982

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should pedestrians be stopped from listening to music while walking around town?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if the volume is low enough
    • Other....please specify

Just noticed the link on the BBC websites about "Ipod Oblivion" which was discussing the above. There are a number of times i've seen pedestrians walk onto a road without bothering to look, playing music in their ears, and nearly getting run over because they didn't hear the car(s) approaching. Just this morning while cycling to work on a cycle path (shared both for both pedestrians and cyclists...obviously!) and there was a guy walking towards me listening to music and texting and he was veering over towards me! I only just managed to squeeze past him and probably gave him a bit of a fright. They have banned people from texting while driving, but there is still the issue of pedestrians crossing roads infront of cars!

There are also the people who will sit on a bus blaring their music out of their headphones so the whole bus can listen to Lady Gaga as well....f**k off you imbecile, if I wanted to listen to your pish music I would have sat down next to you, taken one of your earphones out from your ear and stuck it in my own!

Oh and folk who listen to (pish)music on their mobile phones out loud while in groups....get a f**king life! Usually it's yobs listening to some dance track they downloaded as a ringtone!

Turn it off ye dicks...

Just noticed the link on the BBC websites about "Ipod Oblivion" which was discussing the above. There are a number of times i've seen pedestrians walk onto a road without bothering to look, playing music in their ears, and nearly getting run over because they didn't hear the car(s) approaching. Just this morning while cycling to work on a cycle path (shared both for both pedestrians and cyclists...obviously!) and there was a guy walking towards me listening to music and texting and he was veering over towards me! I only just managed to squeeze past him and probably gave him a bit of a fright. They have banned people from texting while driving, but there is still the issue of pedestrians crossing roads infront of cars!

Natural selection at work...

There are also the people who will sit on a bus blaring their music out of their headphones so the whole bus can listen to Lady Gaga as well....f**k off you imbecile, if I wanted to listen to your pish music I would have sat down next to you, taken one of your earphones out from your ear and stuck it in my own!

Bus are best avoided anyways...

Oh and folk who listen to (pish)music on their mobile phones out loud while in groups....get a f**king life! Usually it's yobs listening to some dance track they downloaded as a ringtone!

I don't notice this, I always have my iPod blaring.