Deveronvale V Aberdeen

Deveronvale v Aberdeen XI

Aberdeen travel up to Banff this evening to play Scott Anderson's Deveronvale in the semi final of the Aberdeeshire Cup. Kick off at Princess Royal Park is at 8.00pm.

It is mainly a young Dons squad that is heading up the road. Yoann Folly though is in the travelling party and the midfielder could make his comeback. It would be his first game since he sustained a serious leg injury against Dundee United at the start of January. Mohamed Chalali will also play upfront alongside fellow first team squad member Mitch Megginson.

Squad: Lukasik, Grimmer, Robertson, Folly, Shaughnessy, Low, Fraser, O'Neill, Devaney, McManus, Rumsby, Masson, Brown, Chalali, Megginson.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110829/aberdeenshire-cup-semi-final-_2212158_2435580

Good to see Folly in the squad and maybe Chalali will be given a longer run out tonight.

3-2 according to RedWeb now.

Aberdeen: 1-Lukasik,2-Grimmer, 3-Robertson, 4-Folly, 5-Shaughnessy,6-Rumsby, 7-Masson, 8-Brown, 9-Chalali, 10-Megginson, 11-Low ©

Subs: 12-Fraser, 14-O'Neill,15-Devaney, 16-McManus

Hoping we avoid injuries this season as this is our cover once again struggling against Highland League side

Just back from the game.

Liked the look of some of our youth players, particularly Shaugnessey, Lukasik, Masson, Low, Rumsby and Megginson. Would have liked to have seen Cameron Smith or Jamie Collins as well as I've heard good things about both but it was not to be.

First time I've been able to see Chalali in the flesh for a whole game and he certainly did look quite Maguire like. i.e. he certainly has a decent amount of pace and was able to cause a bit of panic in the vale defence with his direct runs and by dribbling past a few of their players. I can also see what Brown means when he describes Chalali as a more creative player as a few times he was forced out wide by the vale defence and he played decent balls into the box.

Was also nice to see Folly back playing again.

Where did folly play and how did he play?

He started off in centre midfield before moving out to the right wing about halfway through the first half. He was subbed for Ryan Fraser on around 60 minutes.

He looked O.K., especially considering the fact that he'll be severely lacking in match fitness at the moment.

He started off in centre midfield before moving out to the right wing about halfway through the first half. He was subbed for Ryan Fraser on around 60 minutes.

He looked O.K., especially considering the fact that he'll be severely lacking in match fitness at the moment.

JFK' did you see enough in Chalali to make you think he can cut it for us in the first tram??

JFK' did you see enough in Chalali to make you think he can cut it for us in the first tram??

It would be sheer stupidity on my part to make that kind of a judgement based on a single performance against Devronvale. For instance, I remember thinking that Arnason looked poor when he played against the Vale as a trialist a few months ago and since then he's become one of our best players.

My comments above show that there were facets of Chalali's performance which I found promising, such as his pace and directness, but at the same time there were other players on the pitch who were also causing the Vale a few problems, particularly Megginson, Low and Masson, and I doubt we'll see any of them get many first team games this season.

I read that Megginson scored two.

Scoring for fun with the youth team it seems, but seems out of sorts when in the 1st team.

A player scoring at a lower level sounds beter than a pair of duds scoring nothing at SPL level. Get him in and lets see what he can do.

A player scoring at a lower level sounds beter than a pair of duds scoring nothing at SPL level. Get him in and lets see what he can do.

Can't argue with that Dynamo.

As much as I'm not convinced by Magennis, I'd be looking to try him and Megginson up top against Hibs.

Pawlett and Chalali on either wing and attack teams.

We need to get points on the board.

Vernon and ackie haven't cut it so far this season.

But CB won't go for this.

About the game it's worrying that our 'youth' team can' put a highland League team to bed.