Window Closes On Aberdeen Intake

P&J suggests we're moving some players out on loan and it's highly likely we wont bring anyone in. Must say I'm completely deflated by this.

Furthermore our lack of creativity and lack of goals has been known for over 2 seasons now yet NOTHING has been done to address this. Instead Brown has went for a defensive mentality, which is fine if you actually have finishers in your team to score what few chances you create.

With a thin squad that looks as injury prone as ever, is loaning out players a good idea? I think not. We've got off to a terrible start and added one U23 Algerian striker to solve our scoring problems. You can't score if you don't create.

For me this season is quickly falling on it's ass. We have got to beat Hibs & Killie, no excuses because if we don't then I feel this team may struggle to get off the bottom.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P&J suggests we're moving some players out on loan and it's highly likely we wont bring anyone in. Must say I'm completely deflated by this.

Furthermore our lack of creativity and lack of goals has been known for over 2 seasons now yet NOTHING has been done to address this. Instead Brown has went for a defensive mentality, which is fine if you actually have finishers in your team to score what few chances you create.

With a thin squad that looks as injury prone as ever, is loaning out players a good idea? I think not. We've got off to a terrible start and added one U23 Algerian striker to sole our scoring problems. You can score if you don't create. For me this season is quickly falling on it's ass. We have got to beat Hibs & Killie, no excuses because if we don't then I feel this team may struggle to get off the bottom.

Can not be critical until the transfer window closes, and we can then look at who has joined as I still believe we will see new recruits, Brown and Know with all their experience are bound to see the areas where we are woefully short.

I'll be critical.

We have known what players we needed since may the 14th.

Our best two signings are players we didnt even need.

It was bad enough that signings wernt made before the start of pre-season (where fitness was obviously going to be an issue) but to not address the week areas in our team at all is a mistake of Mark Mcghee like proportions.

Whilst I agree with getting players out on loan for some much needed (hopefully) first team action, I feel it would be sheer folly not to bring players in to strengthen the team.

A player with more vision and creation than we already have is a must and a FB. We could maybe get by with the forwards we have now provided the creation of chances improves.

Going to be an interesting 39 hrs.

The quote suggests that he has to get players out before brining in and that he doesn't anticipate signings before the window closes as a result of this. If players going out did so on the 31st, there may still be signings in thereafter. If they aren't in in plenty time before the next game (i.e. week from now tops) I am going to reiterate my previous point on hoping Chalali proves to be something else, as otherwise I don't know where the goals are going to come against teams that aren't hopeless at the back.

The quote suggests that he has to get players out before brining in and that he doesn't anticipate signings before the window closes as a result of this. If players going out did so on the 31st, there may still be signings in thereafter. If they aren't in in plenty time before the next game (i.e. week from now tops) I am going to reiterate my previous point on hoping Chalali proves to be something else, as otherwise I don't know where the goals are going to come against teams that aren't hopeless at the back.

What happened to the money we had for another player? in fact, i'm sure we had budget for TWO players at one point, then it reduced to one player, and now we are being told that we've got to release someone before signing another?!?! Either we're not getting all the information in the first place, or we are being shafted by the board once again. Unless of course Brown is wanting a player that is slightly above the budget we have and needs to sell to bring in. Nice to see the board supporting the manager again.

Sone Aluko?

There is no way he is coming back now. I just wish he would f**king sign for someone so we can get some extra funds!

Its all very well CB wanting some of our players out on loan the fact is we still need a FB, a winger and some would argue a striker who can score goals! The huns were there for the taking on sunday and we blew it!!

Our best two signings are players we didnt even need.

Thats a load of sh*te.

I take it the players you are refering to are Arneson and Ozbourne? If it is then we definetely needed them unless you wanted to go with a centre midfield two from Milsom Jack and Fyvie.

We maybe needed players in other positions more, but we needed those two signings, to say we don't is wrong in my opinion.

We already had Clark, Jack, Fyvie, Milsom, Folly and low.

We dont however have A left side, or a right side. Osbourn and Arnie were NOT priority signings and wasting the budget on them is akin to Mcghee spunking everything on Hartley.

Clark and Folly were and still are on the way back from Injury (and don't know if Brown rates Folly tbh), and Low is just a kid...so we required someone else with Fyvie and Millsom.

Clark and Folly were and still are on the way back from Injury (and don't know if Brown rates Folly tbh), and Low is just a kid...so we required someone else with Fyvie and Millsom.

There was nothing wrong with fyvie and milsom till folly / clark came back from injury.

There is absolutely no excuse for brown not adding to the defence or adding two wingers. None. You would have slated Mcghee for doing the same!

Imagine if Mcghee had signed Chillali - f**k me there would have been shouts for him to be hung on castlegate.

Our defence is a joke and its a sackable offence that we havnt signed any full backs.

Imagine the outrage if we signed a journey man from the English 4th tier...

Imagine the outrage if we were signing a left winger on free to cover a position we already had good options in.

But this summer we signed 2 from Plymouth the same league in Arnason and Clark.

Imagine the outrage if we were signing a left winger on free to cover a position we already had good options in.

But this summer we signed 2 from Plymouth the same league in Arnason and Clark.

I take it the sarcasm was lost on you min,

Who ever we are linked with, Whether that is Dutch amateur, lower Scottish leagues, lower English leagues, or yank or JIm Aitken internationals they are dismissed before a ball has been kicked or the pen is dry.

You know as well as me, that future signings, for the most will be guys unknown to us, as thats the market we are dealing in now.