Epl In Crisis

Man U 8 Arsenal 2

Spurs 1 Man City 5

Barca 5 Villareal 0

Freak results or 3 results which tell us where football is heading?

We'll soon have the elite clubs (United, City, Barca, Real, Milan?, Chelsea?, Bayern?, etc) then a huge gap to everybody else. National competition is dead, sorry state of affairs, how long before an elite European league?

Man U 8 Arsenal 2

Spurs 1 Man City 5

Barca 5 Villareal 0

Freak results or 3 results which tell us where football is heading?

We'll soon have the elite clubs (United, City, Barca, Real, Milan?, Chelsea?, Bayern?, etc) then a huge gap to everybody else. National competition is dead, sorry state of affairs, how long before an elite European league?

we know where fitba is heading or at least some of us do.

the Euorpean super league is already here - the Champions league

Thing is it isn't just the EPL. Basically the whole of fitba is in crises. There are three different types of clubs now and it is like the titanic. Steerage, middle class and upper class. The upper class don't know the ships sinking yet, the middle class have water round their necks and are struggling to stay alive and the steerage have drowned. We are the steerage but even traditional big leagues like the Bundesliga and the Eredivse are struggling with the might of the upper class. Win bundesliga, watch team get dismantled by the big big european sides as is what is happening to Borrusia Dortmund a team with an 80,000 seater stadium that does get nearly filled every game. Oh and platinis financial fair play is just going to help entrench the mess rather than help it.

In fairness, when Celtic lost 3-0 to Man Utd a couple years back, Paul Ince did say that the SPL was a joke league, and an embarrassment. I think Sunday's scoreline makes the need for comment redundant, so no-one will bother. Joke league.

I think he said the defeat was an embarrassment, but could understand the reasons why due to the gap in prize money for the two respective league winners. I don't think he went as far as calling the SPL an embarrassment or even a joke, for that matter.

I think he said the defeat was an embarrassment, but could understand the reasons why due to the gap in prize money for the two respective league winners. I don't think he went as far as calling the SPL an embarrassment or even a joke, for that matter.

To be fair even calling the defeat an embarrassment is a bit far, at the end of the day Utd were the best team in the EPL at the time and it was at Old Trafford.

To be fair even calling the defeat an embarrassment is a bit far, at the end of the day Utd were the best team in the EPL at the time and it was at Old Trafford.

That's true, but he did go on to say that the difference in money available to each team was grossly unfair and Celtic should really not be competing based on those terms alone. I don't think he was as much the condescending Englishman that the Scottish press tried to make out. He went a bit too far, but touched on a valid point.