Divided Kingdom

Robbie Winters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2031543/UK-government-spending-Scots-1-600-year-spent-English.html

Do not usually read that crap but it caught my eye this morning. So what are they saying ?

Please hate the Scots ? We are so fkn jealous ? The problem with the English is that they are too scared to say what they actually mean without fear of upsetting someone. I dont - c x x x x

Best comment in it is the replies at bottom of page

As many in the comments section say, the article seems to forget that london and Northern Ireland have higher per head spending. Should way complain about londoners living it up at our expense?

Tbh its just usual middle england right wing paranoia, dont worry some muslims will say something about lady Di next week and it will be their fault they cant afford a second holiday this year or replace their 2 year old mercedes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2031543/UK-government-spending-Scots-1-600-year-spent-English.html

Do not usually read that crap but it caught my eye this morning. So what are they saying ?

Please hate the Scots ? We are so fkn jealous ? The problem with the English is that they are too scared to say what they actually mean without fear of upsetting someone. I dont - c x x x x

Best comment in it is the replies at bottom of page

Just say No to nonsensical rags like The Mail.

You have to laugh at these things. I could rant and rant on this, but basically to anyone with even a basic grasp of economics the current situation is a joke(on many fronts).

EDIT:

UK Department for International Development Costs : £7.9bn i.e. foreign aid, and rail subsidy costs £5bn (half of all journeys start or end in London apparently, where I live the train effectively goes 25mph...not used much, in fact in NE bet hardly anyone uses it, London though everyone uses it to go to work, from miles away(think 6bn rail line to CT, and 6bn train station without even considering the underground), half paid by us...) while in Scotland we get to spend 2.7bn on education (soon to be less than 2.5) and our total (devolved) budget from HM Treasury is £28bn. Priorities right?