War Rape

Big Man

Reports are starting to emerge of the widespread rape of civillians by Gaddafi loyalists:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2031710/Libya-Father-slit-throats-girls-raped-Gaddafis-men.html

War rape is nothing new, so what drives someone to commit this kind of crime in times of war.

It it just a case of soldiers emptying their ba's, or are there much more deep seated psychological reasons?

Discuss.

Reports are starting to emerge of the widespread rape of civillians by Gaddafi loyalists:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2031710/Libya-Father-slit-throats-girls-raped-Gaddafis-men.html

War rape is nothing new, so what drives someone to commit this kind of crime in times of war.

It it just a case of soldiers emptying their ba's, or are there much more deep seated psychological reasons?

Discuss.

People are animals.

Put them in a situation where they have unregulated, unlimited power over other human beings and they will invariably act like animals.

We'd like to think we wouldn't act in a similar manner were we put in that situation, but assuredly many of us would.

People are animals.

Put them in a situation where they have unregulated, unlimited power over other human beings and they will invariably act like animals.

We'd like to think we wouldn't act in a similar manner were we put in that situation, but assuredly many of us would.

Sadly Ke1t boy, i think you've hit the nail on the head there.

:sherlock:

People are animals.

Yip.

All bets are off when things get to a certain point.

I'm sure folk would say "no, not me" but their deluding themselves.

Its built in to us all but at different levels.

People should familiarise themselves with the Stanford Prison Experiment, so see just how quickly, and under how little stress, people will begin brutalising each other.

The Experiment itself was designed to observe how ordinarily civilised, rational, level-headed people behave in a situation where one group has even the most limited of power over another group.

They didn't even get half way through the couple of weeks before they had to abandon the entire experiment, so out of hand was sh*t getting.

And remember, this was in a situation where there was no real power and oversight was constant. Just imagine how much worse the situation would be when there is zero oversight and people can do whatever they want without fear of reprisal.

So next time a cop seems to be acting like he's on a power trip... it's because he's on a power trip.

Even the Stewards at the fitba, they get the hi-viz gear and they think they're God-Al-f**king-Mighty. Because they have the Hi-viz. They believe they have power over you, when in fact the only power they have is to go running to the old bill, a power we all have... and we don't need hi-viz gear to do it.

Anyway, Stanford Prison Experiment.... let's you know everything you need to know about the human psyche.

You need to watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkmQZjZSjk4&feature=related

People are animals.

Those darwinists have went as far as to suggest the human penis is the shape the way it is to scoop out other sperm while firing into a female that has already been fired into... gang rape could've been part of our evolution.

Those darwinists have went as far as to suggest the human penis is the shape the way it is to scoop out other sperm while firing into a female that has already been fired into... gang rape could've been part of our evolution.

Another group reckons the human penis is that shape so your hand doesn't slip off the end when you've worked up a head of steam.

Hud e' bus I'm thinking of the Milgram experiment, never mind.

Milgram's was interesting as well, particularly the number of people who would administer a fatal charge of electricity to another person... over half if I remember correctly. Though much of the justification being that those administering the lethal dose were simply 'obeying orders'. And in that context it shows you just exactly how you have brutality, like that meted out by the NAZIs, when it's institutionalised.

From my own point of view I'd like to think I would tell any authority figure to get f**ked if they asked me to harm another human being in any way at all.... since I have an almost pathological need to tell authority figures to get f**ked. The more I'm pushed the more I push back... so in the absence of being in that situation I reckon I wouldn't do any harm to anyone. But you never know... and I can think of situations where I would likely gut another person and wear their arse like a vented sun hat.

We probably all would..

f**k, I could see Cheespipes in with the sexual deviancy and the electric shocks before war even broke out... typical Saturday night for the man :thumbs:

A number of reasons have been put forward:

An increase in opportunity,

An increase in incentive

The use of it as instrumental for the bonding between the fellow soldiers, studies show that most soldiers don't fight during a battle for their "country" or "leaders" but fight for the small group of people that they are close to.

Absence of sanctions/attitude of commanders based on military strategy.

There is often a definition to be drawn between strategic sexual violence and opportunistic sexual violence. Not all conflicts see a rise in sexual violence and often it is openly promoted or encouraged in the situation of ethnic cleansing, sometimes it is covertly promoted where the soldiers have been filled with propaganda about the need for "revenge" or "destroying the opposition" and this is interpreted by the soldiers as being a green light for sexual violence as a punishment, whereas in some conflicts it is openly discouraged and it is very rare in occurrence.

The truth is that there is no one reason why there is an increase in sexual crimes during periods of conflict but rather there are a number of different reasons that it happens and some of them may be psychological were as others may be simply the idea of "comfort women" al la the pacific front in the 1940s

Milgram's was interesting as well, particularly the number of people who would administer a fatal charge of electricity to another person... over half if I remember correctly. Though much of the justification being that those administering the lethal dose were simply 'obeying orders'. And in that context it shows you just exactly how you have brutality, like that meted out by the NAZIs, when it's institutionalised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzTuz0mNlwU&NR=1

Watch the 19 year old girl in this video, psycho! :ninja: :emperor:

An arrow may fly through the air and leave no trace; but an ill thought leaves a trail like a serpent. Charles Mackay

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one. Charles Mackay

Suppose my thought on it would be that (especially civil) war is like a herd perturbation, suddenly you can easily define others as them with less value than us which means you don't need to observe the same values for them because they wouldn't for you. One guy jokes about it, the other laughs, it normalises(even endorses or validates) the thought, the "herd" discuss it and all of a sudden they are doing it.

EDIT: Oh aye, an eh... Sickipedia doesn't count for the second bit... crossfingers.gif