Ask A Silly Question....

granite sheep

As the thread title says. Just to get the ball rolling....

1- If a man speaks and there's no woman present, is he still wrong?

2- Why aren't sheep green?

3- If you're on Auchmill Road and are travelling at a constant 40 miles an hour, what imaginary universe are you in?

Nae bein silly here (im honestly not), but im not sure i fully understand question 2).

Do you mean because sheep are white and grass is green the light should diffract off the sheep and make them green? And why doesn't it...

• Admin

IF, as we're lead to believe, the earth really is constantly spinning.

how come, if i hovered in the same place somehow, above my flat....if i gave it 12 hours, would i not be in australia?

(i would move slightly to counter whatever speed the earth was going at, but ultimately id be letting the earth do the work)

Seriously? Australia? Rutherglen isn't on the same latitude. You'd end up in Russia or Canada, but only if you're really, really high, as in space. If you just hovered above your hoose, you'd just stay above your house as you'd move with the air, which also travels in rotation with the earth.

Seriously? Australia? Rutherglen isn't on the same latitude. You'd end up in Russia or Canada, but only if you're really, really high, as in space. If you just hovered above your hoose, you'd just stay above your house as you'd move with the air, which also travels in rotation with the earth.

Aye, But millertime going to be travelling at a slight speed (the speed of which the earth rotates) - 1,038 mph.

Does an + bn = cn when n is greater than 2 ?

Phoenix, trust you to ask a not silly question in a silly questions thread.

Someone has been reading about Fermat' last theorem...

Anyway, no integer solutions exist for the equation when n is an integer greater than 2.

Or do they? There are some techniques available which allow the automatic generation of Pythagorian triples from a seed integer.

For example, off the top of my head we could have: 52 + = 42 + 32

Phoenix, trust you to ask a not silly question in a silly questions thread.

Someone has been reading about Fermat' last theorem...

Anyway, no integer solutions exist for the equation when n is an integer greater than 2.

Or do they? There are some techniques available which allow the automatic generation of Pythagorian triples from a seed integer.

For example, off the top of my head we could have: 52 + = 42 + 32

Aye Big Man...I keep missing the point. :lolrangers::spanner:

Yes I'm reading the Simon Singh book...and struggling.....it's too late for me and numbers.....but I'll die tryin'.....

Good story like...just that the numbers get incomprehensible when jumbled up amangst my neurotransmitters. :wtf: