Infamous

robbo

been bored so finally decided to give this a go. never taken to the idea of it or prototype before but everyone told me infamous was much better.

in fairness, its been very surprising in a good way. much much better than i had given it credit for. id played the demo for infamous 2 before i played this and didnt really take to the wall climbing mechanic but the "unrefined" version in this game is more to my taste.

just played through with good karma and 10 mins into the game it says "based on how youve been playing, we recommend you play this on hard" why thank you very much for that compliment, i will accept your challenge. rinsed it on hard with very little problems so can only imagine how piss easy and medium must be.

but no, ive really enjoyed this. itll sound funny, but ive been itching to play a spiderman game for ages - missed that wall climbing, web slinging idea. this, while it doesnt have that ease of zipping round on strings like spiderman does, the flight in it is very good.

so, just completed it on good and im desperate to start over with the evil pathway, really have enjoyed it that much. 48 blast shards left (im so close i may aswell get this last few things then start over).

only thing ive had real trouble with is the stunts. tells me theres 5 i havent yet done but without knowing how to do any of them, i dont know what to do. pause menu says next one on my list is spash and crash - while in the air, shoot an enemy and then hit the same enemy with thunder drop - ive tried this umpteen times and cant get it so im dreading what the harder stunts must be....

overall though, cracking good game, espec for free. ta very much sony. can smell another platinum on the not too distant horizon

amazing what im willing to do with my free time.

been sat here for nearly 3 hours just zipping round looking at a shard map picking up them all.

did it methodically and cleared section by section....shock horror, ive got 4 missing ones that i cant work out where i went wrong....so ill have to start from scratch.

346/350 shards. i could cry.

once i pick up this last 4, ill see how easy it is to fly thought the game without picking up the shards or doing side quests. just fly through the main story mode.

• 2 weeks later...

pissed it. platinum 7 with little effort a few days back. stunts were mildly annoying but actually found i was doing them by accident. so before i knew it, i was at 18/21. then the last 3 just required a little patience.

but aye, story was very good as good and evil cole. if you downloaded it but havent played it yet, give it a go. genuinely is decent. decent to the extent that im just waiting for infamous 2 to get reduced and ill pick it up

fallout 3 was a 2007 release.

new vegas was late 2010.

so my hugely speculative guess would be tail end 2013.

F3 had 5 dlcs, new vegas is away to release its 4th in a few weeks which reads quite interesting - harks back to the main story with "the lone wanderer" working again with the platinum chip and the original courier for it.

Lonesome Road brings the Courier's story full circle when you are contacted by the original "courier six", a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum chip at the start of the main storyline in Fallout: New Vegas. In his transmission, Ulysses promises the answer as to why, but only if you take one last job - a job that leads you into the depths of the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by frequent earthquakes and violent storms. This is the fabled location of the battle between the Courier and Ulysses.[6] The road to the Divide is a long and treacherous one, and of the few to ever walk the road, none have ever returned