One Year On And Still No Change

This time last year we were an unbalanced side with too many central players and not alot of players that were natural to playing on the wing, now a full year on we are the exact same with only one natural wide player playing in his natural position but he is injury prone and we'll be lucky to get more than 30 games out of him this season.

In my opinion Brown will have to work wonders from now on, we have no creative spark in our side and we lack movement, this meaning we will not score alot of goals, it's going to be a long hard season and I can see us cutting our losses with Brown pretty soon.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This time last year we were an unbalanced side with too many central players and not alot of players that were natural to playing on the wing, now a full year on we are the exact same with only one natural wide player playing in his natural position but he is injury prone and we'll be lucky to get more than 30 games out of him this season.

In my opinion Brown will have to work wonders from now on, we have no creative spark in our side and we lack movement, this meaning we will not score alot of goals, it's going to be a long hard season and I can see us cutting our losses with Brown pretty soon.

agreed. brown has now had 2 complete windows in order to sort out this squad. clearly to old and not up to the task, shambolic he has been allowed to move into september with such a thin squad.

And then we are linked to stephen hughes another wing less wonder!!!!!!!!!!!

but a creative player that id have in the side, brown played guys like burley wide right in his scotland days, he isnt a manager that likes out and out wingers, or lightweights, he likes a balance to his sides and likes to play through the middle of his midfield, dont expect Brown to be looking for out and out wingers as such.

right sided or left sided midfielders yes, wingers no

Do you think Brown should be sacked then?

Folk keep skirting around the issue, spit it out.

The "too old" argument doesn't wash with me, it's just a lazy argument. If you feel he's not up to the job then fair enough, I just don't see the "clear" correlation between his age and his ability to do his job.

the next 6 games are major for us imo, this will prove if we have that ability to stay solid and win games and if brown has us in the frame of mind to gets points in places we normally lose, motherwell etc.

Do you think Brown should be sacked then?

Folk keep skirting around the issue, spit it out.

The "too old" argument doesn't wash with me, it's just a lazy argument. If you feel he's not up to the job then fair enough, I just don't see the "clear" correlation between his age and his ability to do his job.

He has until Christmas to convince me he's as good as some say.

I'm very disappointed that he has failed to address the inadequacies despite him mouthing

off about various options.

He has made a couple of decent signings but we are now relying on no injuries and suspensions.

That doesn't happen too often.

He has until Christmas to convince me he's as good as some say.

I'm very disappointed that he has failed to address the inadequacies despite him mouthing

off about various options.

He has made a couple of decent signings but we are now relying on no injuries and suspensions.

That doesn't happen too often.

I think I'm in the same place. I can't belive the same thing that ultimately got MM his jotters - ie starting a season with less fullbacks than are needed for a single game - has been repeated. We have less creation and similar defensive flaws. It'll come down to results.

Pluses = better keeper, better centre half pairing (though not perfect), more solid midfield

Minuses = back to the drawing board with fullbacks, dodgy captain, less creativity up front

It kind of depends who wins on that lot where we end up. Disappointed but not surprised by lack of vision by CB and AFC.

I don't buy the age factor that ebbe is going in about.

Now that the window is finally closed and we're all going to put our tuppence worth in about the numerous failings of AFC on and off of the park. Who out of all the signings that have been brought in would you do without? A wage that would have been better spent on a FB or creative midfielder or wideman?

For me it'd be Clark or Gonzo.

• Site Sponsor

I don't buy the age factor that ebbe is going in about.

Now that the window is finally closed and we're all going to put our tuppence worth in about the numerous failings of AFC on and off of the park. Who out of all the signings that have been brought in would you do without? A wage that would have been better spent on a FB or creative midfielder or wideman?

For me it'd be Clark or Gonzo.

A lazy and pointless signing. c**t is fatter than me (now)

How about Milne getting some pelters before Brown... Not that I'm happy about it but are we really going to sack another manager, before Milne gets some criticism for being the tightest most useless c**t in the world ever ?

We're clearly not going to be able to get rid of SM, but it would in some way be cathartic to have a go at him before we repeat ourselves again and again... instead of him putting his hand in his pocket for new management teams, why not set aside the money for f**king players instead...

Same thing happened last year and Mcghee was rounded on................So why should Brown get away with it.

He knew the Budget, its on his head.

Said at this time last year without backing from the board it doesnt matter which manager is in place - its an impossible task.

In saying that by signing players like Clark and Mawene and several central midfielders he's only made a hard job harder.

Same thing happened last year and Mcghee was rounded on................So why should Brown get away with it.

He knew the Budget, its on his head.

Said at this time last year without backing from the board it doesnt matter which manager is in place - its an impossible task.

In saying that by signing players like Clark and Mawene and several central midfielders he's only made a hard job harder.

who said Brown is getting away with anything. McGhee got till the beginning of December to see what he could do with his squad and failed.

We don't know if Brown will or not.

who said Brown is getting away with anything. McGhee got till the beginning of December to see what he could do with his squad and failed.

We don't know if Brown will or not.

People were shouting for Mcghee's head as soon as the window shut and no full backs came in.

This window has shut and not only do we have no full backs, we also have no wingers.

Talking of agenda's stoney.

Why don't you come out and admit that you want Brown out and the team back to square one with a new manager coming in with new ideas, and then more players leaving and others coming in?

I have no agenda against Brown

But if people are going to come on here saying we are better than this time last year than they are going to need to be put in their place as they are talking utter sh*t.

I cant even bring myself to care enough about brown being sacked. I said before Mcghee was sacked its pointless if the change doesnt come from the top.

I have only added that the people who hounded Mcghee out of the club should be consistant with what they say as it makes them look like total hypocrits.

I think any manager who doesnt look at the teams weakest areas and do anything to strengthen them weather it be Mcghee, Calderwood or Brown - Deserve to have the ax fall on the head.

For all calderwoods faults, he might have signed a heap of sh*te but at least he could recognise the areas that needed improving.

But to continually be told that things are improving when they are not will warrant a negative reply from me, because they arnt any better - we are worse.

But why take my word for it, the attendance figures tell their own story about browns team, and that cant be argued.

McGhee had two major issues which led to his demise at Aberdeen.

First was his lop-sided squad, which caused issues, but at the same time would not have not been as detrimental if it wasn't for his second major issue, of a complete lack of man management skills which had team completely lacking morale that he could not motivate. Hartley had relative success at bridging this gap initially, but that soon ran out of steam.

I don't think there were many, if any, who went from being supportive of McGhee on 31st August to calling for his head on the 1st of September. It was what followed that swayed people. Brown has got his squad ready to proceed with this season, he will be judged on how they deliver.

Correct.

I'm looking forward to seeing what like Chalili is, people rant that Maguire hasn't been replaced but they haven't even really seen his replacement play 90 minutes even once? Hardly beyond the realms of possibility to suggest he could be just as if not more effective than Maguire, is it?

There are other positives too despite the disappointment of no signings in the last two days, meaning I give Brown the benefit of the doubt given that I now see this as his team - so from now on it's judgement time.

I've seen enough. Reminds me a lot of Kirkiakov, puts himself about, has the odd flash of something good but when it comes time to actually do something with the ball hes all kinds of sh*te.

I have no agenda against Brown

I don't disagree, but you seem to have an agenda with McGhee...

But if people are going to come on here saying we are better than this time last year than they are going to need to be put in their place as they are talking utter sh*t.

It is still unclear to where we are now compared to last year. Standard of player signed is better in my opinion, squad composition is not ideal, squad size is far from ideal (manager or board to blame).

I cant even bring myself to care enough about brown being sacked. I said before Mcghee was sacked its pointless if the change doesnt come from the top.

So why do you consistently lay in to Brown then, rather than aiming it at the top?

I have only added that the people who hounded Mcghee out of the club should be consistant with what they say as it makes them look like total hypocrits.

The players didn't like him. He took us to some of our worst ever results. He, along with the board at the time, were taking us only one way. A lot of the blame should also lie with the players, but it ain't so easy to change a whole team.

I think any manager who doesnt look at the teams weakest areas and do anything to strengthen them weather it be Mcghee, Calderwood or Brown - Deserve to have the ax fall on the head.

In a nice and sunny world, having to select specific areas that need strengthened when pretty much all of them are weak would not happen. The ability to buy willy nilly would rain supreme. Again, your vision is clouded, you are aiming criticism at the board one minute, the manager the next, contradicting yourself. I don't think you should get down on your knees and hail Craig Brown, but giving him and his squad little or no support is not going to help.

For all calderwoods faults, he might have signed a heap of sh*te but at least he could recognise the areas that needed improving.

He also had funds to have considerably more players on the books, so much so that our reserves back then could arguably walk in to this team. We don't have such a thing as reserves any more, it is first team players and youth.

But to continually be told that things are improving when they are not will warrant a negative reply from me, because they arnt any better - we are worse.

I don't think we are worse, I don't know if they are any better yet. I see more promise in this team than I did last year, that is for sure.

But why take my word for it, the attendance figures tell their own story about browns team, and that cant be argued.

That tells a story about Aberdeen FC, not Craig Brown. 10,000 turning up on the opening day of the season tells a story, one about a lot of people giving up on Aberdeen FC, not Craig Brown...