Buying A Car

The Boofon

Is there a rule of thumb as to how much to expect the price to change?

If a car is advertised at 10,000 should you be getting it for 8,000, 9,000 or some other price?

I've always been led to believe that you should be looking for at least 10% off the price advertised.

What's the script and has anyone bought a car recently and got a good bit knocked off the price.

Is there a rule of thumb as to how much to expect the price to change?

If a car is advertised at 10,000 should you be getting it for 8,000, 9,000 or some other price?

I've always been led to believe that you should be looking for at least 10% off the price advertised.

What's the script and has anyone bought a car recently and got a good bit knocked off the price.

Firstly, you need to find out the rough original selling price of the car you're interested in. Say, for example, a 2001 Rover 25 originally sold for

Aye it'll probably be a dealer and I have done a sh*t load of research and the cars are all about the same price. Just wondering how much they are normally willing to knock off as I ken I winna pay the price advertised on the windscreen but dinna want to waste time trying to haggle for f**k all.

Is this brand new, or second-hand?

I paid with crisp notes last year and the said independent dealer was more than a pleasing to accept, granted it was 8K less than your 25K.

:thumbup1:

Exactly. They f**kin love it.

I paid cash for my A3 from a boy in the brig o' don.

Crooked b*stard knocked an entire K off the sticker price.

Where you planning on buying the car from boofon?

Down South. I believe they are cheaper the further South you go. Is that correct?

I intend finding the car online, arranging or haggling a price and as long as it's as described I'll buy it next time I come home and drive up the road instead of flying home.

Unless of course cars are the same price all over the UK in which case I'll buy one pretty local.

Are they cheaper in England?

Down South. I believe they are cheaper the further South you go. Is that correct?

I intend finding the car online, arranging or haggling a price and as long as it's as described I'll buy it next time I come home and drive up the road instead of flying home.

Unless of course cars are the same price all over the UK in which case I'll buy one pretty local.

Are they cheaper in England?

Generally but remember do a hpi check.

Volkswagen Tiguan, Audi q5

Q5 is too small. Need a 4x4 that's a decent size and can carry a cow. Not literally but one that's got a load of space. A Q5 is just a big A3 in my eyes. The Q7 is a horrid brute of a car though. Pity as it has the size required.

Discovery ticks all the boxes. 7 seats, great off road and loads of space to stuff all the gear in.