The 3000Th Member

Big Man

I've been watchin that number in the bottom right-side of the screen slowly ticking up over the last two months.

For the sake of the club, I think we should do something special when we hit the 3000 active members mark. Maybe MT could record a tune, or Bebo could put a banner on the front page, or we could have a masked orgy and invite little-red lady (maybe even MDAL as well)....

eyeswide1.jpg

What do you think we should do?

Also, does anyone have any AFC chat related thoughts, reflections or stories to share as we approach this monumental occasion?

Stand Free.

:scarf:

What is it with you and stats?

We neared 1 million posts before the site went down last time and had to be rolled back. I can't remember the membership number however.

It was in the region of 3600. 1800 when me and LS took over from NN, We're just about recovered from that major setback now. Things have never looked better!

We neared 1 million posts before the site went down last time and had to be rolled back. I can't remember the membership number however.

I imagine a lot of those 3000 members haven't posted in a while, or even logged on for that matter. Is there any way of telling how many 'active' members we have, say over the last year or so?

I f*ckin love detail. Im a total numbers droid - i notice these things. Can't help it.

That's a damned shame about the 1 million posts - you should of just continued the count....

Millertime to record a song, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

And using modern technology all the existing members who post could record a line of the chorus.

It could be AFC's Band Aid.

We could sell the song and buy out Milne........

Feed the weegies...............................................

Nah, f**kem.

Something emotive but uplifting:

- Sweet Chariot

- Loch Lomand

- Living On A Prayer

- On Raglan Road

- We Built This City On Rock N' Roll

- Love Will Tear Us Apart

- Fairytale Of New York (Please Do This One)

This one.

If we do, I want the line 'Marconi plays the mamba'

I feel a poll coming, please MT say you'll do it!!!

haha they have

time to move on!

having said that, ive never properly listened to that billy j song before - thats great

whats it about?

bad stuff?

It's a debate over who started the fire. I actually have no idea. Great record though!

It certainly wasn't Billy Joel who started the fire, he makes that much clear in the song.

It's a debate over who started the fire. I actually have no idea. Great record though!

The words of the song are who or what made the headlines over various years, e.g Khruschev, Grace Kelly etc etc. And I suppose maybe saying that they have all contributed to this society, which is shit???

Anyway, I think this would be a good song to do actually. You could name all the members and some of the classic threads in the style of Joel ala We didn't start the fire. You need to change the title though -

They'll never stop the ha-at?

We are better than Ma-ad?

Milne is a fucking pr-ick?

milne is a fucking prick would fit in best!

however, thats a frickin project and a half

thought i was just singin the original!

lol so, for example...

"stevie lovell...dyron daal....jazzer bett...m-dal

south-stand...merkland road...our pit-tod-rie

Neil Simpson...Billy Stark...Gothenburg...Eric Black

Willie Miller...Lee Miller...nineteen eiiiighty threeee"

haha theres ur first 2 verses!

Brilliant! :hysterical: