24 Hours In Aberdeen

Ke1t

some fucker keyed my car...parked in a parking space in a parking lot. Not over the lines, not a reserved or handicapped space... and some utter mink keys the car.

Have to say I'm not overly impressed with the new buildings either. Featureless, soulless boxes... utter architechtural abortion seems to be the fashion right now, so that's pretty shite.

what other delights does Aberdeen have up its sleeve for the unwitting tourist... oh, aye, does everybody now own a dog? Never seen so many abject hackers walking around in shell suits and towing a vicious little dug along like so much minkery on legs.

Tomorrow we're going to go looking for the only Aberdonian with a full set of teeth.

I reckon it's going to be like trying to find a Yeti in the Sahara, but the wife is more optimistic.

some fucker keyed my car...parked in a parking space in a parking lot. Not over the lines, not a reserved or handicapped space... and some utter mink keys the car.

Have to say I'm not overly impressed with the new buildings either. Featureless, soulless boxes... utter architechtural abortion seems to be the fashion right now, so that's pretty shite.

what other delights does Aberdeen have up its sleeve for the unwitting tourist... oh, aye, does everybody now own a dog? Never seen so many abject hackers walking around in shell suits and towing a vicious little dug along like so much minkery on legs.

Tomorrow we're going to go looking for the only Aberdonian with a full set of teeth.

I reckon it's going to be like trying to find a Yeti in the Sahara, but the wife is more optimistic.

:nono:

Go home. :wave:

some fucker keyed my car...parked in a parking space in a parking lot car park. Not over the lines, not a reserved or handicapped space... and some utter mink keys the car.

:nono:

Think the same of the buildings, the 'fashion' seems to be either stick a bit of glass on it or build some massive tin shed.

We'll soon get to the point where there are more pitbulls than people, its a fashion accessory for the jobless.

You might have to wait until 5.30pm to see a full set, remember you are walking round when its unemployable people that are in town.

It's called a 'Car Park' min, have you forgotten so quickly? Drag that shocking attitude around with ye and it'll be a case of having to phone up yer own dental insurance when you get home. Shocking min, shocking!

I don't think I'm particularly keen on this visitor slagging off my fine city like this.

Keyed yer car? Drive it over the Atlantic did ye? So it's nae really your car then? So you dinna give a fuck :thumbs:

Soul less buildings? Where. Go see Marschial (sp?) College, looks magic now it's all clean n that.

Dogs? Just be glad it's nae everyone carrying a fecking gun instead!

Full set of gnashers? Have a full set myself thank you very much.

Your in Aberdeen, not Glasgow, bit of respect please!

;)

Sheeeit, some god-dam muthafukka jus keyed our sedan! All the way from the fender to the trunk!

Must have heard your accent!

Does anyone else agree that new student y library building thingymajig down Powis way is the most hideous building they have ever seen. That coloured glass monstrosity? Jesus, it's sair on the eyes.

Nae luck about the rental, dawg

Agree 100%. Aberdeen Uni are also responsible for the monstrosity that is the MacRobert Building just off St. Machar roundabout.

Hopefully things will improve shortly. Had the chance to see your Glasgow Reserves of Scotland versus the Soviet Lithuanians of Russia at the Hampden Park tomorrow. Blew off the tickets to go see your Lake Ness Monster, and maybe buy a genuine little drummer in a plastic toob.

Exchange rate is fucking mad, though

Hopefully things will improve shortly. Had the chance to see your Glasgow Reserves of Scotland versus the Soviet Lithuanians of Russia at the Hampden Park tomorrow. Blew off the tickets to go see your Lake Ness Monster, and maybe buy a genuine little drummer in a plastic toob.

Exchange rate is fucking mad, though… a thousand of my American bucks will get me thirteen of your English pence. Just about enough to buy a house in Fraserberg. Was looking at property in Aberdeen… New Bilds, they're called, a luxury cardboard box with a window and an artificial tree outside the front door. Perfect for me, because I've always wanted to share a poorly manufactured tenement with 23 other Hybrid-driving wankers.

Trying to figure out what the following phrase means….

"Huv ye no a chip oan yer cerd? Fur I chip n pin, see? Huv ye no? Ah thocht you Americans wis aheed o us wi a at? Fur fit wye hiv ye nae chip on yer cerd?"

Because I've had that exact phrase repeated in every fucking shop since we landed.

meanwhile_in_america_1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_and_PIN

• Admin

Kelt min, hooses in the USAA+ (see what i did there?) are made from prefabricated cardboard and wood. It's no wonder why they always fall over in the slightest hint of wind. I have no love for these shitey 2 bedroom new builds either, but shoddy brick beats wood, if the three little pigs taught me anything, and we're crammed on a tiny island with no mexican labourers that take cash in hand.

As for your chip n pin, does the United States still just rely on a magnetic strip and signature as fraud prevention? :tumbleweed:

Ye found me then, and no i don't have Leightons missing teeth.

New: downloadable flythrough video of the new library (wmv format, 123MB).

or if that does not work:

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/newlibrary/

What is it?

A library designed for learning in the 21st century

An intellectual and cultural centre for the University and all our communities

A facility to match the quality, reputation and ambition of the University

Why do we need it?

Existing facilities can no longer accommodate growing University community, and impede use of the tools and methods of modern learning

Urgent need to rehouse historic collections, and acquire new ones

Commitment to widen access to our treasures for the general public locally and beyond

Who will benefit?

Students, researchers, academics and the whole University family

Communities of north-east Scotland and from across the UK

Scholars from across the world

What will it provide?

A dramatic addition to the architectural heritage of the City

A modern, spacious, pleasing environment, with flexibility for single study, group work and social areas, with the latest online resources and technology

A secure, environmentally-controlled home for fragile and irreplaceable historic materials

Dedicated public space for exhibitions, readings, art and musical events

How is this being funded?

Total project cost of

Kelt min, hooses in the USAA+ (see what i did there?) are made from prefabricated cardboard and wood. It's no wonder why they always fall over in the slightest hint of wind. I have no love for these shitey 2 bedroom new builds either, but shoddy brick beats wood, if the three little pigs taught me anything, and we're crammed on a tiny island with no mexican labourers that take cash in hand.

cant beat a bit of extreme makeover home edition tornado bait.

Exchange rate is fucking mad, though

Fucking yanks, nothing is good enough for them, and you could get a whole carpark of our cars in the boot of one of theirs, they call Loch Ness a puddle, and why the fuck do we not have any skyscrapers, third world tactics, nobody smokes cigars, and no-one is walking around brooding with handguns in their belts, ready for massacring innocent civilians for sport.

I'd rather get my car keyed than get my house jacked.