Nuclear War

Dandie1992

Been getting feirt about the possibility of a nuclear war recently. I'd prefer not to have my body covered in severe burns slowly dying of radiation poisoning. If I knew it was coming I'd take a ton of non-perishables and hide away between Aviemore and Inverery and hunt goats and grouse once it ran out... provided the fallout doesn't get yi.

Anyone on here from the height of the Cold War have any stories? Any of you afraid at the likes of Iran or North Korea getting nuclear weapons?

I think North Korea already has and Iran only has uranium enrichment for 'peaceful purposes'. I feel safe at the moment, however if the yanks invaded Iran then I'd feel a bit more scared.

Yes North Korea tested a couple in 2006 citing "Saddam Hussein was ousted because he did not have the bomb. Kim Jong-Il will not take that risk"

The Iran situation is scary as if they declare their nukes, every arab nation in the region will also create nuclear weapons (thus increasing the chance of a rogue Jihad-ist group acquiring one and using it). This then throws Israel and their nuclear weapons into the fray.

I used to worry about it back in the '60s...especially during the Cuban Missile Crisis.....maaaan that was close.

There are more things to worry about today too which we did not have back then - like rising sea levels , super bugs and global population rising to an unsustainable 9,000,000,000.

There's a couple more in there somewhere.

But to quote Alfred E.Neuman , 'Why worry?'.

Precious little one human can do about it except do the little he/she can.

So.....eat , drink and be merry...for tomorrow we die.

And.....mebbe we will wake up to find out it was all a dream anyway. :)

Yes North Korea tested a couple in 2006 citing "Saddam Hussein was ousted because he did not have the bomb. Kim Jong-Il will not take that risk"

The Iran situation is scary as if they declare their nukes, every arab nation in the region will also create nuclear weapons (thus increasing the chance of a rogue Jihad-ist group acquiring one and using it). This then throws Israel and their nuclear weapons into the fray.

To be honest, even if Iran launched ONE nuke in a threatening manner, Israel'd turn that whole country intae glass. Then the whole region would be terminally fucked. I'm far more worried about a nuclear war between India and Pakistan, they've been scrapping for decades over Kashmir, and the latter country just ain't the most stable politically.

It's not nukes you've got to worry about ... It's the delivery vehicles (e.g. missiles, torpedoes) they're mounted on.

Regarding that second point, our detection technology is ahead of everyone's delivery technology save the Russians, and the time for Armageddon with those boys has long since passed. North Korea's missile technology excels at nothing more than dropping rockets into the Sea of Japan. As for Iran - as has been mentioned above - Israel will take care of that problem.

Don't worry. As always - Britain Prevails.

Been getting feirt about the possibility of a nuclear war recently. I'd prefer not to have my body covered in severe burns slowly dying of radiation poisoning. If I knew it was coming I'd take a ton of non-perishables and hide away between Aviemore and Inverery and hunt goats and grouse once it ran out... provided the fallout doesn't get yi.

Anyone on here from the height of the Cold War have any stories? Any of you afraid at the likes of Iran or North Korea getting nuclear weapons?

Nae really feart.

Threat was greater in the 80's I'd say.

North Korea has an idiot at the helm but we had Mad Maggie and the Yanks had Ronnie in the 80's who just about trumps any of the new wave of commies.

If it does go dinna bother running or hiding, stay oot and watch the fireworks is my advice.

Who cares?

If we get vaporised we are hardly likely to be aware of it, and have time to say goodbye to our loved ones in gut wrenching emotion ridden scenes for ten minutes like happens in Hollywood, as the mushroom cloud waits patiently in the wings for it's cue.

So, the only fear is worry, fomented by news stories, most of which are complete bollocks.

If we get vaporised we are hardly likely to be aware of it, and have time to say goodbye to our loved ones in gut wrenching emotion ridden scenes for ten minutes like happens in Hollywood, as the mushroom cloud waits patiently in the wings for it's cue.

nah.

i prefer the ones where folk hold on to stuff as the shock wave and then fireball explodes past and overpowers them.

not much in the way of heart tugging emotion but plenty of graphic blood, guts and gore.

nah.

i prefer the ones where folk hold on to stuff as the shock wave and then fireball explodes past and overpowers them.

not much in the way of heart tugging emotion but plenty of graphic blood, guts and gore.

Which again, isna real, just like the prospect of nuclear armageddon.

If there is one thing humans are good at, it's self-preservation, and those in power are far too adept at that to even consider wiping each other out, it's all posturing, designed to divert attention from what they're really up to.

Mind games on behalf of the powers that be.

Clearly they are working.

Just like the big bad wolf, God, Islam, terrorism etc etc.

Disna really affect many people, but gets hyped out of all proportion to it's importance, in an effort to engender fear in the populace.

Disna bother me.

Mind games on behalf of the powers that be.

Clearly they are working.

Just like the big bad wolf, God, Islam, terrorism etc etc.

Disna really affect many people, but gets hyped out of all proportion to it's importance, in an effort to engender fear in the populace.

Disna bother me.

nothing beats the 1960's, get your mattress against the windows information film, and make sure you have a stock of baked beans and access to your shed.

That initself highlights how the leaders view their public

I do love the hypocrisy of the west in this matter.....Israel, yep you can have nukes, Iran, no chance!!

Who the hell are we to say who can and who can't have nukes, If I lived in Iran i'd make it my mission to build one in my shed just because they said I couldn't have one...........bit like the time a few Months back when I flared a ciggy in the middle of Revolution nightclub, granted I didn't last 2 minutes and I took heaps of abuse from non smokers but for a little while I was on top of the World.