Evening Express Today

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So who do you congratulate for that achievement? .......... Willie Miller?

It was before he joined the club. Went and watched the U19's against Celtic and both clubs have changed their squad from last season so a younger team.

Its been about 3 years since i watched Aberdeen U19's which i used to regular watch them and first thing that hasn't changed was Celtic are big and physical compared to Aberdeen smaller players but what concerned me was the lack of ability from both sides. Maybe being harsh as i've only watched them once but i am concerned that the great youth academy that Aberdeen seem to go on about is not as great as we are led to believe.

:deadhorse:

Not going down this road again.

It's clear as day that you support the youth coaches to every degree, When you son is binned \ free'd \ moved on because someone else is better will you still support them then ? Or because you haven't seen any other youth setups the likes of Motherwell who are churning out youth players that you are just single minded.

Sorry but it's just the feeling I get bud.

The reason I say this is that we are struggling to beat the likes of Culter FC and Formatine Utd ...... I watched both of these games and the only factor came down to fitness....

I also watched the St Mirren game down in Glasgow ... when the final result was 5-4 St Mirren and they have some class players to which I believe will be going to the Celtic youth setup shortly ...... For a fee I may add.

It's clear as day that you support the youth coaches to every degree, When you son is binned \ free'd \ moved on because someone else is better will you still support them then ? Or because you haven't seen any other youth setups the likes of Motherwell who are churning out youth players that you are just single minded.

The reason I say this is that we are struggling to beat the likes of Culter FC and Formatine Utd ...... I watched both of these games and the only factor came down to fitness....

I also watched the St Mirren game down in Glasgow ... when the final result was 5-4 St Mirren and they have some class players to which I believe will be going to the Celtic youth setup shortly ...... For a fee I may add.

No the reason he said utter rubbish is because this "too small" quote is reeled out for every player that leaves clubs. Just because some players play for us at 12-15 doesn't mean they are going to sign professional contracts. Players have the right to choose clubs at that age. As a Teacher and football coach I have seen many players mature as footballers at 13/14 and by 16 are not good enough for professional game, equally I have seen players at 13/14 that are average, but by 16/17 have developed their game enough to make it. Coaches have a task of choosing players not just on ability, but what is right for the player and club.

Of course I support the youth coaches and I

Any of the coaches who were not convinced about certain players because

of their height are long gone.

Nicky Low is a prime example that is no longer an issue, if it ever was an issue.

AFC cannot sign everyone and decisions need to be taken based on many factors.

I'd have loved it if we'd signed Maloney knowing what he turned out like but whatever

happened, he didn't end up with us. Swings and roundabouts, we got many greats

from other areas over the years.

Any of the coaches who were not convinced about certain players because

of their height are long gone.

Nicky Low is a prime example that is no longer an issue, if it ever was an issue.

AFC cannot sign everyone and decisions need to be taken based on many factors.

I'd have loved it if we'd signed Maloney knowing what he turned out like but whatever

happened, he didn't end up with us. Swings and roundabouts, we got many greats

from other areas over the years.

Nail on head