Single Police Force

Bobby Connor

Seems to be going through. Can't say I approve of it whatsoever. Might as well just get the army in. Don't trust coppers, they are too enthusiastic and generally from bullied backgrounds with an axe to grind. You could call them 'cunts' and I would be pressed to disagree...

I can't say i agree with it either to be honest, but it was either this or cut police numbers like they are doing down south. I also have inbuilt distrust of all things poli...

As for minimum pricing - that's nothing but a sensible idea.

Really?

I'm not so sure if making alcohol more expensive is a solution, or even part of a solution to the problems caused by alcohol in this country.

Im not suggesting its a one stop cure for all the problems which alcohol causes but its a step in the right direction.

Hitting people in the wallet is the only thing that people respond to nowadays. Anything which makes it harder for pikes, jakes and neds to get a hold of alcohol cheaply is a good thing.

I think alcohol should be taxed just as heavily as cigarettes. In fact, i think taxation on cigarettes should be loosened and taxation on alcohol increased. At least cigarette companies spell out explicitly what their products do to the people who consume them...

Im not suggesting its a one stop cure for all the problems which alcohol causes but its a step in the right direction.

Hitting people in the wallet is the only thing that people respond to nowadays. Anything which makes it harder for pikes, jakes and neds to get a hold of alcohol cheaply is a good thing.

I think alcohol should be taxed just as heavily as cigarettes. In fact, i think taxation on cigarettes should be loosened and taxation on alcohol increased. At least cigarette companies spell out explicitly what their products do to the people who consume them...

Totally agree with this. At least they are doing something, if it's a failure then fine, scrap it, but give it a go first. They should do something more about obesity too - a fat tax could be one thing.

The term 'single' equates to doomed to failure, as this pig merger will no doubt turn out to be.

Single currency - fucked

Single parents - scrounging sluts/useless bastards

Single European state - we all hate each other, and will try to rip each other off

Single language, Esper-fucking-anto, ram it

Single UK fitba team - GTF

Single dating sites - for the insane and truly desperate

Single rozzer in a pig car - put your foot down

Kraft cheese singles - taste like fucking rubber

I could go on, but you get the drift.

The term 'single' equates to doomed to failure, as this pig merger will no doubt turn out to be.

Single currency - fucked

Single parents - scrounging sluts/useless bastards

Single European state - we all hate each other, and will try to rip each other off

Single language, Esper-fucking-anto, ram it

Single UK fitba team - GTF

Single dating sites - for the insane and truly desperate

Single rozzer in a pig car - put your foot down

Kraft cheese singles - taste like fucking rubber

I could go on, but you get the drift.

Good point Tup. My concern is that whomsoever is in charge of the rozzers will be in a position that wields far too much power. I don't trust them at the best of times. They are power mad little Hitlers in my opinion and the thought that just one of them could be in charge of the whole of Scotland's policing is a worry to say the least.

Trying to tax people into submission is a UK thing and it doesnt work. All minimum pricing and/or higher tax would to is increase the sales of stills. The amount of tax on tobacco in the UK is now putting a lot of peoples health in more danger. Instead of stopping they buy fake fags and Russian imports which are at least 10 times more dangerous than a pack of lammy bammy's. Bit counter productive IMO.

Its drink education the UK needs, not drink is bad education but this is how to enjoy alcohol responsibly education. In Spain the drinking age is something like 14 and you can get a bottle of beer for a euro... in Holland 16 year olds can get beer and you get 24 bottles for 10 euro yet neither country has the problem with alcohol the UK does. In fact none of our neighbours have our drink problems or health problems in general but they all have cheaper drink and cheaper tobacco. :itch-chin: whats that about then... Also, 1 week alcohol is good for you, the next it isnt, the next some is, the next its OK for pregnant ladies to drink a glass of wine then its not again. Truth is there is no conclusive proof, too many other factors. Drinking to excess daily will do you damage, drinking in moderation and infrequently wont. Why should I pay extra for others stupidity, pay enough to keep stupid lazy cunts in houses, food and kappa as it is. At least when they spend it on booze and fags a lot of it goes back into the system.

Trying to tax people into submission is a UK thing and it doesnt work. All minimum pricing and/or higher tax would to is increase the sales of stills. The amount of tax on tobacco in the UK is now putting a lot of peoples health in more danger. Instead of stopping they buy fake fags and Russian imports which are at least 10 times more dangerous than a pack of lammy bammy's. Bit counter productive IMO.

Its drink education the UK needs, not drink is bad education but this is how to enjoy alcohol responsibly education. In Spain the drinking age is something like 14 and you can get a bottle of beer for a euro... in Holland 16 year olds can get beer and you get 24 bottles for 10 euro yet neither country has the problem with alcohol the UK does. In fact none of our neighbours have our drink problems or health problems in general but they all have cheaper drink and cheaper tobacco. :itch-chin: whats that about then... Also, 1 week alcohol is good for you, the next it isnt, the next some is, the next its OK for pregnant ladies to drink a glass of wine then its not again. Truth is there is no conclusive proof, too many other factors. Drinking to excess daily will do you damage, drinking in moderation and infrequently wont. Why should I pay extra for others stupidity, pay enough to keep stupid lazy cunts in houses, food and kappa as it is. At least when they spend it on booze and fags a lot of it goes back into the system.

O.K. lets say i accept your arguement about counterproductive taxation.

Who's going to pay to educate the U.K. - the taxpayer?

The negative affects of excessive alcohol consumption are well documented. There is evidence to suggest that drinking in moderation and infrequently doesn't cause you serious harm but exposure of the body to any form of alcohol is not healthy...

...as for the single polis

wont matter is there is 7 heed cunts or 1 heed cunt... just means we'll have more weegie pigs on our streets cause they'll be circulated even more.

1 rogue heed cunt out of seven is easily dealt with. 1 rogue head cunt who is head honcho and akin to a Batman villain is harder to take care of.

The negative affects of excessive alcohol consumption are well documented. There is evidence to suggest that drinking in moderation and infrequently doesn't cause you serious harm but exposure of the body to any form of alcohol is not healthy...

Except that "expert studies" have freequently said it is in small amounts.

You're joking right? :tumbleweed:

No, not if you weren't.

It would be easy for me to cite studies and journal articles which highlight the damaging effects of alcohol consumption.

Its not so easy to find examples to support the opposite arguement, in mainstream medical journals.

Nae bein cunty with you or anything, but if these ''expert studies'' you have read make these claims frequently (like you say) then some evidence shouldn't be that hard to track down.

Damn! That's me fucked then!

And me. :rolleyes:

I still get ID on a fairly regular basis. Even managed to get ID at the Pittodrie Bar before the Inverness game this season. A lot of places already have a Challenge 25 policy.

'Challenge 25' policies are optional just now; it's mandatory from 1 October. A lot of places have 'Challenge 21' just now - can't remember of that's a condition of licence or just something that they are encouraged to do.

Only forms of ID that places can accept (and this applies already) are passports, EU photo card driving licence and a pass card approved by the British Retail Consortium.

So if you are an alcoholic who happens to have a lot of money, you can continue?

If you are a low income family and stock up on the good deals, drink in moderation, well, you can make do without?

To me, it doesn't tackle the issue in the slightest. It just makes the assumption that the biggest problem comes from those that can't really afford it, so maybe pricing them out of it might improve things. Those with the worst probles will continue spending at the expense of other items. I just can't agree with the policy at all.

So if you are an alcoholic who happens to have a lot of money, you can continue?

If you are a low income family and stock up on the good deals, drink in moderation, well, you can make do without?

To me, it doesn't tackle the issue in the slightest. It just makes the assumption that the biggest problem comes from those that can't really afford it, so maybe pricing them out of it might improve things. Those with the worst probles will continue spending at the expense of other items. I just can't agree with the policy at all.

According to the Sheffield University Study suggests that it will make a difference. The study is from 2008, so a bit dated, but the principles will still apply.

Also worth remembering than minimum pricing is just one stand of the SG's Alcohol Framework. It's somewhat unfortunate that minimum pricing is the part of it that gets the most attention.

No, not if you weren't.

It would be easy for me to cite studies and journal articles which highlight the damaging effects of alcohol consumption.

Its not so easy to find examples to support the opposite arguement, in mainstream medical journals.

Nae bein cunty with you or anything, but if these ''expert studies'' you have read make these claims frequently (like you say) then some evidence shouldn't be that hard to track down.

I can only imagine you've been on the moon for the past 20 years. Of course excess alcohol is bad for you, but there have been plenty studies shwoing the positive efects of alcohol as well, Knock yersel oot

If you recall, in the original bill they proposed a minimum price per unit of 45p. That means Tesco brand cider would go from

It's a tax on the poor. You can't price a boozer out of booze any more than you can tax a smoker out of fags. The concept is flawed. Re-education is what is needed but taxes are easy.

Changing a culture doesnt have to cost millions and even if it did it would be nothing compared to the money saved weekly on police, hospitals, cleaning up etc. Here everything is bad, everything is banned or should be banned, its all black and white. There is no balance in any drug or alcohol education, the education and help is only really there after the fact. Ask Frank, he'll tell you that. A lot of the problems this country has is because of over legislation married with a blame culture, it takes away the reason for being responsible for yourself and gives you an excuse for your behavior. You drink too much its your fathers fault, you get into drugs its because of the wrong crowd, you eat to much you have a thyroid problem... Need to make people take responsibility for themselves and stop with all the namby pamby mollycoddling and slopey shoulders. Thats the cultural change thats needed, make people responsible for their actions and they'll soon start acting responsibly IMO.

There's evidence to suggest the air we breath gives people asthma and other breathing issues due to pollution spewed out by cars. Should we ban all those as well, maybe raise the tax even more for our own good.

1 rogue heed cunt out of seven is easily dealt with. 1 rogue head cunt who is head honcho and akin to a Batman villain is harder to take care of.

nae really, its almost a democracy we live in and our illustrious leaders do actually do things when it will effect their vote. The heed cunt answers to the government so if he's an utter cunt of a heed cunt then they'll sack his saggy cuntin ass .