Friday Night Fitba

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarcasm?

I think this will seriously dent attendances. For example, the supporters bus I get from Edinburgh would have to leave about 4:30pm - not many people will have finished work by then, meaning we'd struggle to get enough people to run a bus up.

no way sarcasm, a lot better. usually do fuck all on a friday night so it's a good move.

spose you've got a point if your central belt, would dent travelling support.

no way sarcasm, a lot better. usually do fuck all on a friday night so it's a good move.

spose you've got a point if your central belt, would dent travelling support.

I think it's a silly move, bit of a squeeze for folk to get home from work then off to the game unless they live in the city or not too far away from it.

What's the point if it's not on tv anyway? Thought the whole idea of hosting football on a Friday night was to show it on Sky Sports or ESPN.

What's the point if it's not on tv anyway? Thought the whole idea of hosting football on a Friday night was to show it on Sky Sports or ESPN.

"Given the landscape Scottish football currently finds itself in, we as a club are keen to explore every potential avenue in a bid to boost attendances and improve the matchday experience for our supporters."

Might aswell give it a shot. Can't be as bad as 12:30 on a sunday!

I think it's a silly move, bit of a squeeze for folk to get home from work then off to the game unless they live in the city or not too far away from it.

that's the point in supporting your team then.

go and support hearts so it's less of an inconvenience.

that's the point in supporting your team then.

go and support hearts so it's less of an inconvenience.

My point wasn't that it was an inconvenience to me because it isn't being televised. I was saying that I thought the whole idea of having football on a Friday was part of Sky Sports' and ESPN's wider view to show more non Old Firm football. If it's not being televised then what's the benefit in having it on the Friday night as opposed to the day after at 3pm?

I'll ignore your sarcastic comment and hope that you appreciate that for Dons fans outwith Aberdeen that this is not a good thing, especially for supporters clubs who might not be able to run a bus for this fixture, whereas had it been at the normal time they might have.

Exactly, especially since stuff like cheap train travel is often booked and paid for in advance.

If it was the Jute game two weeks later we'd have been screwed.

That's not to write off Friday night football in general though, Motherwell away on a Friday night etc would do me fine.

I think the game they've chosen is too soon, hopefully nobody has booked cheap train travel for it.

Like you, it's not that I don't like the idea of Friday night football, it's just this particular one doesn't make sense to me.

It seems that it's on a friday to get more fans at games. It would be pretty ridiculous to then have that game on live tv.

I understand that by putting it on tv, this would obviously mean less people would turn up. However I think more people could make a Saturday 3pm kick off than a Friday 7:45pm. That's why I was surprised this wasn't an idea by the tv companies.

I think the game they've chosen is too soon, hopefully nobody has booked cheap train travel for it.

Like you, it's not that I don't like the idea of Friday night football, it's just this particular one doesn't make sense to me.

I understand that by putting it on tv, this would obviously mean less people would turn up. However I think more people could make a Saturday 3pm kick off than a Friday 7:45pm. That's why I was surprised this wasn't an idea by the tv companies.

Could it be on TV outwith the UK? It might increase revenue in other locations. Friday for me is the first day of the weekend and Middle east countries might pay more money for games from Europe.

Just a thought I'd add to the discussion.

oh well, I'll not be coming up for that game now. had taken the saturday off my work and was heading up with a Pars fan I know to watch this, but i dont finish my work til 6 on the friday so no chance of getting up for the kick off.

Glad i hadnt got round to booking the train like i had planned on doing