The Word Fuck

Ke1t

I've just noticed I use the word 'fuck'' quite a bit.

Is it true that swearing is a sign of a limited vocabulary?

Logically that's fucking nonsense, because anyone who swears automatically has an entire range of words over and above those who never swear.

So, for example, someone who never swears might say, "That's terrible", whereas someone who swears would say, "That's fucking terrible.. BOOM right there a larger vocabulary for the lad who swears.

What do you reckon there, Zippy?

I've just noticed I use the word 'fuck'' quite a bit.

Is it true that swearing is a sign of a limited vocabulary?

Logically that's fucking nonsense, because anyone who swears automatically has an entire range of words over and above those who never swear.

So, for example, someone who never swears might say, "That's terrible", whereas someone who swears would say, "That's fucking terrible.. BOOM right there a larger vocabulary for the lad who swears.

What do you reckon there, Zippy?

It's an emotive word , izn tit ? It describes or indicates to others how we are feeling at the time. Seldom useful in the intellectual context , I cannot remember ever having come across it in chemistry books , explanations of quantum physics or maths journals. Perhaps , but only rarely , in biology texts.

It can be a bittie ambiguous and can be associated with many colours of the spectrum , different shades of red and blue mostly but personally I find it difficult to associate with yellow , perhaps mebbe a hint of ochre in there.

If used economically it can be an effective means of communication but as with most other things , if used too frequently , it loses it's mojo - quantity destroys quality( there are too many people in the World ). It may have peaked in recent years and like football ticket sales both North and South of the border , is experiencing a slump. A few years back the word was on everybody's lips.

By the way , the word never passes my lips.

I spik thro' ma nose.

You can say in a handful of fucking swearwords what would otherwise take several fucking paragraphs of poofy arsed Shakespearian prose.

It's also thera-fucking-peutic to swear, blows off the fucking steam building up inside.

My grandad used to say 'cheeri-fucking-o' just before he went out the door, classic.