Islam Feruz

I know I'd be disappointed if the likes of Fyvie or whoever did this to us but the reality is that, young players should do what is best for themselves and what gives them the best possible chance of making it.

If he thinks going to Chelsea will develop him as a player then so be it.

I could understand it if they were known for bringing through youth players but this is down to money

Is football itself not all about money nowadays VDA no such thing as loyalty

I'm not really referring to the loyalty side of things here.

He had a good chance of progressing his career with Celtic, it was well known that he was one of their stars of the future. He could have made a name for himself here and then once he had developed as a player then move to a bigger team and a big money move.

he will get next to no game time at Chelsea but he will be paid more. this could actually be a bad career move unless he is the next big thing and makes it at Chelsea but as I said they are hardly famous for brining through the youngsters

He had a good chance of progressing his career with Celtic, it was well known that he was one of their stars of the future. He could have made a name for himself here and then once he had developed as a player then move to a bigger team and a big money move.

he will get next to no game time at Chelsea but he will be paid more. this could actually be a bad career move unless he is the next big thing and makes it at Chelsea but as I said they are hardly famous for brining through the youngsters

As you say it will be about the money but all the same glad that he's left Celtic so they wont get a huge transfer fee

He'll get plenty gigs off the back of him just being there should he not make the top table. Add in that he'll no doubt now be a millionaire by the time he's 20 he probably won't be giving two fu#ks

Turned his back on Celtic after them bringing him and his family over from Somalia! Tommy burns saved his family from deportation! Yet he leaves without a second thought!

Hopefully good for his Scotland career?

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/scottish-premier/celtic/269889-islam-feruz-leaves-celtic-for-chelsea/

Fuck them

They do it to other Scottish teams all the time

Fuck the scummy cunts.

When I was 17 pretty sure if my "agent" tried to con me into I'd be away to them too. Can't be too harsh on the lad, hopefully he's magic and plays for Scotland. I mean are we meant to have sympathy for Celtic buyers of any semi decent players in the SPL then not even having them on the bench half the time (maybe not so much lately but you get the idea).

If by progressing his career you mean breaking into the first team at a young age then you are probably right. But being in the first team at 17 isn't the be all and end all for a young player. He'll have the use of far better facilities, be able to learn from far better players AND earn a load more money than if he stayed at Celtic. Moving to Chelsea from Celtic is a massive step up no matter where you are in your career.

Granted, he may not make it at Chelsea, but he will get a move to a better side than Celtic when he is ready for first team football.

He'll get plenty gigs off the back of him just being there should he not make the top table. Add in that he'll no doubt now be a millionaire by the time he's 20 he probably won't be giving two fu#ks

If by progressing his career you mean breaking into the first team at a young age then you are probably right. But being in the first team at 17 isn't the be all and end all for a young player. He'll have the use of far better facilities, be able to learn from far better players AND earn a load more money than if he stayed at Celtic. Moving to Chelsea from Celtic is a massive step up no matter where you are in your career.

Granted, he may not make it at Chelsea, but he will get a move to a better side than Celtic when he is ready for first team football.

out of curiosity who else has made it from Chelsea's youth set up?? I don;t mean who made it to the first team, I mean who has gone on to have good career.

so 3 that I've heard of.

Who are the bottom three? did the bottom one play in goals for hibs?

Scott Sinclair, Swansea player, hat trick in play off final.

Carlton Cole - West Ham striker.

Robert Huth - Ex Boro now at Stoke. Played first team at Chelsea.

Michael Mancienne - Still a youngster, Engalnd U-21. Was at Wolves on loan.

John Terry - England captain.

Nick Colgan I added as he's ex Hibs and Dundee United goalkeeper.

out of curiosity who else has made it from Chelsea's youth set up?? I don;t mean who made it to the first team, I mean who has gone on to have good career.

John Terry.

Carlton Cole

Robert Huth

Scott Sinclair

Michael Mancienne

Nick Colgan :hysterical:

Add to that Ben Sahar, Mikael Forssel, Nathan Blake, Muzzy Izzet, Craig Burley, Billy Dodds

and Yves Ma-Calamity

sorry I'm not really one for keeping up with each and every player that plays in England. Maybe its just me.

Nah me neither.

Used to know most SPL players 7 or 8 years ago now could only tell you the Aberdeen ones!

in fact, my knowledge of the Premiership is probably better than that of the SPL at present!

I'd rather watch QPR Newcastle than say St Mirren Motherwell.

Football now mirrors the stock market, it is run by capitalists with no interest in the actual 11 vs 11.

Big, rich man tramples small, poor man into the ground.

Repeatedly.

Chelsea can get him because:

1. The rules regarding contractual situations have been altered to such an extent that basically they are not worth the paper they are written on. This massively favours big clubs, and allows them to surreptitiously talk to the best players 'off the record' and turn their heads.

2. There is no loyalty in football, it reflects life in general, where most people are selfish bastards.

I've no sympathy for Celtic, they do the same to others in Scotland, but the point is rules should prevent this.