Fazzat?

phoenix

Fit a dismal response. Amcb , you're getting an honourable mention , in spite of being a chikky c u n t , just for attempting an answer.

British artist Richard Hamilton, who was regarded by many as the father of pop art, has died aged 89. Hamilton created a string of renowned works throughout the sixties that inspired artists such as Andy Warhol and Joseph Beuys. He had continued working on his latest pieces up until a few days before his death. It is not yet known how he died.

Hamilton's best known work was his 1956 collage 'Just what is it that makes today's homes so different, so appealing?', considered by some historians to mark the birth of the pop art movement.

In words dating from 1957 that are seen as prescient of the likes of Warhol and, more recently, Damien Hirst, he wrote: 'Pop art is popular (designed for a mass audience), transient (short term solution), expendable (easily forgotten), low cost, mass produced, young (aimed at youth), witty, sexy, gimmicky, glamorous, big business.'

Hamilton is often associated with the swinging 60s, including for his painting of Mick Jagger and art dealer Robert Fraser in handcuffs following a drugs raid. He is remembered for his modesty and sense of humour as well as his artistic talent. Asked about people's perception of 'Just what is it that makes today's homes so different, so appealing?', he said in a recent newspaper interview: 'I'm rather bored with it but it's a nice little earner!' He also designed the sleeve of the Beatles' 'White Album', consisting of a plain white sleeve with the band's name embossed on it.

The album's sleeve was designed by Richard Hamiltonn , a notable pop artist who had organised a Marcel Duchamp retrospective at the Tate Gallery the previous year. Hamilton's design was in stark contrast toPeter Blake's vivid cover art for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band , and consisted of a plain white sleeve. The band's name was discreetly embossed slightly below the middle of the album's right side, and the cover also featured a unique stamped serial number , "to create," in Hamilton's words, "the ironic situation of a numbered edition of something like five million copies." Indeed, the artist intended the cover to resemble the "look" ofconceptual art , an emerging movement in contemporary art at the time. Later vinyl record releases in the US showed the title in grey printed (rather than embossed) letters

They're a' philistines in here, Phoen.

Get off your fucking self-aggrandising soapbox you miserable bastard.

We're all racists, philistines, and neo-nazi benefit claimant haters according to you recently.

I think you're cracking up, either that or you're off the drugs, get back on them is my advice.

I'm tip-top, tup.

Good.

Now, time to stop plying your miserable wares, and start thinking up some outrageously off the wall threads again then, eh?

I can see you with your sandwich board, 'We're All Doomed' cutting down Stonehaven high street, like the naked rambler, taking a stance against something in your own imagination.

i.e. get a grip, I'm here to rattle you out of your comfort zone, I'm not doing this for the good of my own health that's for fucking sure.

:hysterical:

Good one.

I've given up acting like a fud.

I don't know about that, I'd say you're acting like a bigger fud than ever before, it's all about opinions.

Is this some kind of sacrificial gesture on behalf of TheG_L_A?

Once you give up, your health suffers, 'he's not keeping well' folk will say, before you know it you'll be in a box six feet under.

Just because your faither is a moderator you think you can chuck the insults about, eh bawjaws?

my faither is the milkman.

anyway, where you come from, Fud is a compliment. I don't believe in insulting people on internet forums. people just seem to misinterpret my calling them knobs as a negative comment.

serious question though - what's tup short for?

Answer - cos he's got little legs.

my faither is the milkman.

anyway, where you come from, Fud is a compliment. I don't believe in insulting people on internet forums. people just seem to misinterpret my calling them knobs as a negative comment.

Ah right sorry, you're not a bad cunt then, my mistake, where you live morris dancing is seen as acceptable conduct, do you partake?