Of Derby

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the west coast and Irish bigots who else really gives a fuck about this game?

I for one couldn't care less and I think the rest of the country i.e. England and Wales could give too shits too so why do the media insist on ramming this pointless fixture down everyones throats?!!

Have to disagree.

Just look at the viewing figures for the Feb11 OF fixture on SKY SPORTS.

800,000 compared to 146,000 for the Birmingham V Newcastle game, 169,000 for Barca V Bilbao that was the same weekend

It still has some good viewership outside Scotland unlike the rest of our game unfortunately.

However much of that is down to the big sell sky and other media coverage has been giving this particular game for years.

Personally I not only stopped watching it years ago but I now no longer look for the result or read even the smallest bit of the newspaper coverage.

In fact when asked anything to do with an OF derby by other football fans at work, I take great pleasure indignantly telling them I never watch it and couldn't give a toss what the outcome was. Usually upsets a few people down here but it's what they deserve for being such sycophants.

In fact when asked anything to do with an OF derby by other football fans at work, I take great pleasure indignantly telling them I never watch it and couldn't give a toss what the outcome was. Usually upsets a few people down here but it's what they deserve for being such sycophants.

I'm the same.

Somebody says to me

"did you see the game?"

I'm like

"What game" or "Yes I did" referring to the Dons match obvs.

They're like

"The Old Firm game"

I'm like

"Oh. They were playing were they?"

Turn face/walk away ---> end of conversation.

These cunts really think that just because you have an interest in football that you'd be right into watching the quarterly retard fest at these bigot domes.

Fucking halfwits. They can't fathom why someone would not be interested in their petty ball baggery events. What a fucking embarrassment. Mongs.

Mate a dons fan asked us round on Sunday to watch the game at the bar hes built in his hoose politely declined, its like going to someones Birthday party you hate. I'll probably watch in my hoose and avoid the pub etc always full of twats this time of year.

Classy guy. :suicide:

EDIT: No he's nae. Point still stands about the classy guy though.

Well coming from a big family who are Tim fans (only a few of us are Dandies) i sometimes have no option but to watch it. As ollie said they actually used to be games worth watching, probably more for the fighting and the occasional bit of skill from Laudrup etc but really they are total borefests with the exception of the Scottish Cup game last season which i have to admit was an entertaining game.

Still fucking despise both cunts though :lolceltic::lolrangers:

Mate a dons fan asked us round on Sunday to watch the game at the bar hes built in his hoose politely declined, its like going to someones Birthday party you hate. I'll probably watch in my hoose and avoid the pub etc always full of twats this time of year.

Same,all the bellend coming out for this one and swap tales about they used to go down but they cant manage anymore due to.................. :itch-chin:

Good to wind them up. As a conversation with a wee hun pupil went in the school the other day.

Her: You watching the big games on Sunday.

Me: Yeah. Man U-Chelsea, Liverpool-Spurs, should be good.

Her: NO! The big game.

Me: That's the only big games.

Her: The Old Firm.

Me: That's not a big game, one of them scraped in to the Europa league, the other won't exist in a few months

Some very petted lips, the school technician, a hun, but not bigoted normal type (yes, they do exist), was just standing laughing.

Seriously, don't care who wins, but love the carnage.

From Auntie: A statement on the Celtic website says: "There is no question, on the eve of a Rangers v Celtic match to use 'Lennon', 'Hate' and 'Ibrox' in a newspaper headline is extremely irresponsible. Neil Lennon, his coaching staff and the Celtic players are very disappointed at this reporting and have jointly decided that they will not be co-operating with journalists from The Daily Record. It is only right that the newspaper delivers a suitable retraction and apology. Neil Lennon as always will continue to receive the full support of everyone at the Club."

From Auntie: A statement on the Celtic website says: "There is no question, on the eve of a Rangers v Celtic match to use 'Lennon', 'Hate' and 'Ibrox' in a newspaper headline is extremely irresponsible. Neil Lennon, his coaching staff and the Celtic players are very disappointed at this reporting and have jointly decided that they will not be co-operating with journalists from The Daily Record. It is only right that the newspaper delivers a suitable retraction and apology. Neil Lennon as always will continue to receive the full support of everyone at the Club."

Fa giz a fuck?

Wont be watching, its a struggle watching us never mind those cunts

I think the last time i watched an OF derby was when the bbc used to show it live!! That must have been 10 + years ago?

Have to agree I couldn't even watch the delayed transmission of hibs v us last week. It really is a sad state when you cant be arsed watching your own team play. Standard is pish and as far as the OF goes they are an embarrassment to Scotland.